Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Why is my battery draining so fast?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had my galaxy note 4 about a month now and the battery life is decent at best. I have AT&T as my carrier and bought it through amazon. No matter what I try to do, whether its lowering the brightness on screen, clearing the data cache via the recovery menu, disabling certain apps, turning off location services etc. By the way its not rooted no launcher installed, I am on stock touchwiz. It just drains and its frustrating beyond belief because its supposed to last a decent time and it doesn't. I'm an android wiz and I hear of an update that is supposed to fix the battery issue in some units. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!!

TalkofNY26

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life not that impressive

Post some screen shots and maybe we can help fix the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Something may be wrong with your phone. I am getting about 20 -22 hours with 6-7 hours screen on time. That's better than the S5 I had and the G3. Best thing on the market today.

TalkofNY26

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
How are people getting so much screen on time my battery can easily last over 24h but I'm only averaging about 4.5 to 5h screen on time and that moderate use (which I consider instagram, twitter, chrome, clash of clans moderate use)

Screen on auto brightness and all that good stuff.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

There are lots of threads on this. GSAM should help you figure out whether it's a phone problem or what's running. I have seen a number of other places that there is no update planned and everything I read suggests we don't need one. My battery life is great as long as I don't use Words with Friends a lot.

I have had my galaxy note 4 about a month now and the battery life is decent at best. I have AT&T as my carrier and bought it through amazon. No matter what I try to do, whether its lowering the brightness on screen, clearing the data cache via the recovery menu, disabling certain apps, turning off location services etc. By the way its not rooted no launcher installed, I am on stock touchwiz. It just drains and its frustrating beyond belief because its supposed to last a decent time and it doesn't. I'm an android wiz and I hear of an update that is supposed to fix the battery issue in some units. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!!

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
With this phone its either people have awesome battery life(24 hours full,5-7 SOT, or they have ok battery life(14 hours full, 3-5 SOT...Its like 2 different batterys were shipped out. Im part of the ok battery life...no matter what i do, i cannot get no more then 3.5hrs SOT....idk, i just deal with it

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I can get all day with moderate use. As much as I am liking this model my Note3 battery life was better. I just am dealing with it. I do charge every night. Am impressed with how quick

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Post some screen shots and maybe we can help fix the problem.

I mean I charge it up and already had my phone exchanged once new battery and all...I only get roughly 8 hours of usage on a single charge with light usage considering I work and don't look at my phone constantly...the only time it's effective is in ultra power save mode...its frustrating! ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-18-17-59-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-17-59-58.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 483
  • Screenshot_2014-11-18-17-59-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-17-59-55.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 484

Joseph Pizzolatto

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Hmm, I have the same problem, my 4 year old note 2 got far better battery life. My battery usage on my new note 4 looks about like yours. Android OS and Android System are the main source of battery usage for me, slightly higher percentages than yours (usually about 35-40% combined). I'd sure love to know why this is happening or what we can do (if anything) about this. Thanks for posting your info.

Oh yeah and......

BUMP :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Not all are bad in regards to battery life, have you had any updates? I recieved one immediately upon first boot (in Scotland).

Factory reset perhaps although many want to avoid and this might not cure.

Something is up as Android system is 9% and system Ui is 6% on mine at present.

Attachments

• 1416354182889.jpg
    1416354182889.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 196

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, I have the same problem, my 4 year old note 2 got far better battery life. My battery usage on my new note 4 looks about like yours. Android OS and Android System are the main source of battery usage for me, slightly higher percentages than yours (usually about 35-40% combined). I'd sure love to know why this is happening or what we can do (if anything) about this. Thanks for posting your info.

Oh yeah and......

BUMP :)
I bump you back dude lol...makes two of us

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Not all are bad in regards to battery life, have you had any updates? I recieved one immediately upon first boot (in Scotland).

Factory reset perhaps although many want to avoid and this might not cure.

Something is up as Android system is 9% and system Ui is 6% on mine at present.

Well you're in Scotland so the vacant model maybe different because you're overseas...secondly I've had no updates at all...

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Well you're in Scotland so the vacant model maybe different because you're overseas...secondly I've had no updates at all...

Yeh well I hope that whatever update I received will get pushed in your direction.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

We have the same problem on my s5 no matter what i do only last 4 to 5hrs. I took it back in tmobile and they have free diagnostic. After doing a factory reset battery life become normal 5am to 5pm 66% normal use clash of clan, yahoo news, fb, twitter, techbargain, slickdeals, text and phone call.

Android Central App Strong Note 4

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

OP, Android system can be dozens of things. I noticed that your awake time is almost double your screen on time. Check the sync settings on all of your accounts. Check notification settings as well for apps that you know that are set to update at intervals such as email, weather and social media apps. Ideally, your awake time should be very close to your screen on time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21