Why is my calculator speaking to me?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think it is some kind of glitch. My sweet lady calculator talks to me too when I have Settings>Device>Accessibility>Keeper FastFill turned on.

Pretty sure that will go away when Lollypop is installed.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what carrier you are using but on an AT&T phone if you go to Settings then Device and then Accessibility and scroll to the bottom there is an option to turn off Keeper FastFill. It is a password bank. You may have another password bank that needs turned off. For some very strange reason it makes the calculator talk. Or use the search function and go here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/450606-note-4-stock-calculator-talk-back.html

145711d1415079668-note-4-stock-calculator-talk-back-1415079667894.jpg

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
OMG this is so dang annoying. VZW here and that setting is not avail from what i can tell. who thought a talking calculator was a good idea ? LOL

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont normally do this to posters, but ...use search! There were 3 threads about this on the same page of the forums.....

Your answer... it's not a glitch, it's a piece of software, any software, using acessibitly services in a way that it was not designed to be used. So turning off any software listed in that same area as keeper, will fix it. You could alalso use one of the 1,000,000's of other calculator apps in the play store. In my case greenify causes it. I would expect to see google close the exploited accessibility hole, rather than fix the calculator.