Samsung Galaxy Note 4 exchange sync issue

reaperthekeeper

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the 4.4.4 upgrade my exchange won't stay connected to my corporate exchange server (2007). I did a factory reset and it worked for two days then stops connecting again, managed to get it to connect for a day but stopped again. WiFi is off, data sync/email sync is on, power save off, full bars and 4G LTE service (TMobile). Battery at 75%, never got below 15% since the factory reset. Frustrated because this doubles as my corporate phone. Any ideas I might be missing?

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: exchange sync issue

it can definitely be on the server side but im not a fan of the stock exchange at all. i use touchdown for my exchange email, much better IMO

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I've had my MS Exchange account running through the stock app since day one with zero problems. I know MS says if you set up an Exchange acct. as an IMAP or POP account rather than an actual Exchange acct. it won't sync the calendar & tasks. Are you setting it up as an actual Exchange acct.? Don't know if that may be the cause of your problem but I thought it worth mentioning.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been connected since I had the note 4 as well, but using touchdown. I also installed mobimail and it has been connected since I set it up as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

i tried mobimail a while back (2-3 phones ago) and it jammed my phone up pretty good. might need to try it again and see how it is

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I use Exchange with our company Exchange 2007 server. I also use it to sync to my Outlook.com email.
Works well, but I found that if I use push, like I used to on my Galaxy S4, it sucks the battery AND uses a huge amount of data. So I use a 15 minute schedule. Good enough.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I use Exchange with our company Exchange 2007 server. I also use it to sync to my Outlook.com email.
Works well, but I found that if I use push, like I used to on my Galaxy S4, it sucks the battery AND uses a huge amount of data. So I use a 15 minute schedule. Good enough.

I have my O365 account set up with push and have not had issues with data or battery. But I don't have a server setup in addition, maybe that is the difference.