11-21-2014 01:16 AM
26 12
tools
    I just cannot stand the gmail app which I have to use for work and personal. I can deal with personal gmail but I cannot for work with the group conversations they do so large and take so long to open and crash and crash and crash when they are too large.

Please help... what is the best alt? I tried to use sammy stock app but I cannot get that to setup with my corp email. I also tried boomerang but didnt like that [no calendar function] and i couldnt find a way to ungroup the conversations.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    11-19-2014 04:14 PM
    Im a fan of the K9 app
    11-19-2014 04:28 PM
    If it's for a Gmail/Google Apps account, there's really not much better. For Exchange, I recommend Nine.
    11-19-2014 04:28 PM
    Gmail app and Inbox are pretty solid apps for just Gmail use.

If you're using Exchange, the stock app isn't terrible. I haven't used K9 in a few years, but it used to be a really solid app. I hear great things about Touchdown, but I have never personally used it.
    11-19-2014 04:31 PM
    I use the stock email app for my gmail and it works fine. I don't like the gmail app at all.
    11-19-2014 05:29 PM
    I use the stock email app for my gmail and it works fine. I don't like the gmail app at all.
    I don't either. It looks good but it's functionality is horrid. I don't know about you but on mine, if I slide to delete, it stays there until I touch another email. And when I do that, it opens that email. So I have to back out and do it again. It's a real PAIN!
    11-19-2014 05:35 PM
    T H A N K S for the feedback! If I am understanding correctly if its for Gmail/Google Apps account: then there isnt anything else I can use? : (
    11-19-2014 06:16 PM
    I just cannot stand the gmail app which I have to use for work and personal. I can deal with personal gmail but I cannot for work with the group conversations they do so large and take so long to open and crash and crash and crash when they are too large.

Please help... what is the best alt? I tried to use sammy stock app but I cannot get that to setup with my corp email. I also tried boomerang but didnt like that [no calendar function] and i couldnt find a way to ungroup the conversations.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Inbox by Google.
    11-19-2014 06:19 PM
    Inbox by Google.
    it doesnt work with google apps

I wish there was anything, something else i could at least try.
    11-19-2014 07:39 PM
    The best overall email app for multiple accounts is Aquamail.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2014 07:43 PM
    it doesnt work with google apps

I wish there was anything, something else i could at least try.
    Huh? Inbox is a Google app. Designed to run gmail accounts.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    11-19-2014 07:50 PM
    i loaded it and it said right there its not for use with google apps [which is sync for outlook that my company uses] they recently dropped using exchange.

i did find an app called aqua mail which doesnt group the conversation which is helping me. i like that alot! not sure if its a good solution yet but its working ok so far.
    11-19-2014 08:15 PM
    T H A N K S for the feedback! If I am understanding correctly if its for Gmail/Google Apps account: then there isnt anything else I can use? : (

you can use ANY email app for gmail accounts
    brothamoveson likes this.
    11-19-2014 08:29 PM
    you can use ANY email app for gmail accounts
    I cannot get stock to work with my work account. it doesnt have a gmail.com ending it is my companies email address used through google syn or whatever its called. it doesnt work with touchdown that I love so what you say isnt correct.
    11-19-2014 08:43 PM
    I agree with a couple others that aquamail is the best I have used. Well worth the money!
    11-19-2014 10:27 PM
    Try Blue Mail. It's free and absolutely amazing.
    11-19-2014 10:32 PM
    I use Bluemail
    11-19-2014 10:38 PM
    I too can't stand Gmail and the default Exchange app.

The best that I've found is MailWise.

Responds quickly, easy to change accounts and delete or move mail, and it does a nice job grouping email and stripping out all the clutter you may not need to see.

bdgriff likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:12 PM
    I have nine accounts including one Gmail account and love MailDroid. It's bulletproof. Rock solid. Expensive, but there's a free version to try it out with reduced features.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:33 PM
    Try Blue Mail. It's free and absolutely amazing.
    I use Bluemail
    I'll chime in with Blue Mail as well. It works well and looks like it can handle any kind of email server, so I don't think your work email would be a problem for it.
    11-20-2014 02:25 AM
    I agree with a couple others that aquamail is the best I have used. Well worth the money!
    I also like Aqua mail the best of the ones I have used. I like that all my mail accounts will show up in one inbox and the many ways to customize it. I did pay for the upgrade.
    11-20-2014 06:40 AM
    I also like Aqua mail the best of the ones I have used. I like that all my mail accounts will show up in one inbox and the many ways to customize it. I did pay for the upgrade.
    +1 to aquamail. One of the few that will mail to groups created in Google contacts.. Gmail doesn't even do this as of yet..

11-20-2014 07:15 AM
    haha now i love aquamail and bluemail both BLOW the gmail app away. but i think i am sticking with aqua for now i think i like it just a little bit better.

thanks for the feedback etc...
    11-20-2014 09:53 AM
    anyone know how to add a signature in aquamail? I cannot find it for the life of me?

thanks!
    11-20-2014 02:32 PM
    anyone know how to add a signature in aquamail? I cannot find it for the life of me?

thanks!
    It's a little hard to find because Aquamail let's you have different signatures per each email account.
    Open Aquamail>Long press on the account name (for example: ...@gmail.com)>Composing and Sending>Signature>Add your signature
    (I believe this is only available on the paid version of AquaMail.)
    sillyrabbitt123 likes this.
    11-20-2014 03:37 PM
26 12