Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Looking at smart watches

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Moto360 but couldnt deal with it not making it through a day. I kept it for two days and didnt really have anything installed or do much with it for that matter and this morning alone it dropped 9% in 45min. Guess Ill go with something different lol.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Moto360 but couldnt deal with it not making it through a day. I kept it for two days and didnt really have anything installed or do much with it for that matter and this morning alone it dropped 9% in 45min. Guess Ill go with something different lol.

Seems batteries on these devices are super finicky. I have a hard time getting thru a whole day, depending on what features I use, with my S but can go almost 2 full days with my 360.

Posted via the Android Central App

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I just got the Gear 2 from Amazon yesterday. It was 130.00 for a used one in excellent condition. I must say that I am pleased so far. My battery is @ 65% after 24 hours of heavy use.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well a disappointment. I got the gear 2, works with my note 4 except for s voice won't see my contacts. I can say what's the weather and that works, but text so and so or call so and so gives me a message of that contact is not in your contact list or that contact does not have a number listed, and both are wrong, they are in my contact list, and s voice spells out out the same as how it is spelled in my contact list.

I hooked it up to my note 3, and it works fine. Anyone else having this issue with the note 4?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have a watch, but I have very small wrists . Wish they would style a watch for women.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well a disappointment. I got the gear 2, works with my note 4 except for s voice won't see my contacts. I can say what's the weather and that works, but text so and so or call so and so gives me a message of that contact is not in your contact list or that contact does not have a number listed, and both are wrong, they are in my contact list, and s voice spells out out the same as how it is spelled in my contact list.

I hooked it up to my note 3, and it works fine. Anyone else having this issue with the note 4?
I can use s voice to call from my contacts in the gear 2 when connected to my note 4

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can use s voice to call from my contacts in the gear 2 when connected to my note 4

I called Samsung and they were trying to trouble shoot the problem. When they wanted me to download galaxy apps off the Samsung website, I had to go into settings, security to select allow unknown sources. Well every time I tried to do that I would get the pop up of unfortunately settings has stopped.

So after trying everything I could think of to get that to work, I finally had to do the dreaded FDR. I suspected that I would after getting off the phone with Samsung, but I was hoping I could avoid it, lol.

Anyway, I paired the watch up again and S voice is working on the contacts like it should. Something must have went wrong the first time, who knows what caused the hic up, but apparently I had nothing better to do last night then to set up my phone again, which I'm still in the process of.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Gear 2 Neo for $100 this weekend at AT&T. I was looking to get the Gear Fit but both were the same price and I basically wanted it for the S health and heart monitor functions when I workout. The Neo had a few more bells and whistles on it than the Fit so I went with that.

Have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. Not big watch person but getting notifications on your wrist is pretty cool.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I called Samsung and they were trying to trouble shoot the problem. When they wanted me to download galaxy apps off the Samsung website, I had to go into settings, security to select allow unknown sources. Well every time I tried to do that I would get the pop up of unfortunately settings has stopped.

So after trying everything I could think of to get that to work, I finally had to do the dreaded FDR. I suspected that I would after getting off the phone with Samsung, but I was hoping I could avoid it, lol.

Anyway, I paired the watch up again and S voice is working on the contacts like it should. Something must have went wrong the first time, who knows what caused the hic up, but apparently I had nothing better to do last night then to set up my phone again, which I'm still in the process of.
Yeah sometimes fdr is the only solution unfortunately. I wasn't getting weather on my gear and tried everything. But in the end had to do a fdr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool