Hey guys. I know this is going to sound crazy but I really need yalls thoughts on what to do. Just like yall I love phones and I love getting new phones about 1-2 times a year. A week and a half ago I went to verizon and bought a Droid Turbo. I like the phone but I could just tell I wasnt going to like it in the long run. I always thought notes were to big and I wouldnt really need it. Well the other day I was with a guy I work with and he has a note 3. I held it and played around with it and I realized it was a lot lighter and thinner then my Droid and the bigger screen and stylus was just a bonus. I new I already liked samsung since I had a s4 and s5 last year. That day I found a note 3 on craigslists and bought it. This was this past monday. Since monday I have fell in love with the note 3.

Here is where I need your advice and help. I bought the note 3 with the idea of selling the turbo on ebay and making a few hundred dollars. Now I started thinking about it and realized if I sell the turbo then I can not do the verizon edge program in a year if I want to get a new phone through them. That means if the note 5 comes out and I wanted it I couldnt get it. I would have to buy the note 4 on craigslist or ebay in a year to get a new phone. Im not sure If i should return the turbo and come out of pocket $100 and get the note 4. The decision is killing me.

I know the note 4 is a better phone in most ways. The only thing that scares me is the added weight and Length of the phone. I love the weight of the note 3. I work as a project manager in construction and I am always on jobs sites so I have to use cases. Im afraid with a case on the note 4 it will be a lot heavier then my setup now. I really dont know what to do. I know it would be nice getting a brand new phone from verizon that I could later trade in on the edge program but I dont want to regret giving up the note 3 if I find the note 4 to be to heavy after a while.

I need yalls opinions and guidance haha. I know you probably think I am crazy but I really dont know what the hell to do. I know the note 4 is only .30 oz more but then its a tad taller. The note 3 with a case is already big in my jean pockets. So is it worth the new note 4 or should I keep the 3 and make $300 selling the turbo on ebay.

Thanks guys,

Cole
    11-20-2014 09:06 AM
    I have both (n3/n4)and it is hard to tell the difference in weight and size

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-20-2014 09:13 AM
    I think you'd be very happy with the Note 4, and in the long run, $100 out of pocket is probably as cheap as this is going to get for you, especially if you want to stay eligible for the Edge program.

I am a project manager, and I am in and out of job sites and other environments all day long. I use a Spigen Slim Armor case or Otterbox Commuter with my devices, and the additional size of the Note 3/4 (compared to my S4) is noticeable in my pocket, but it isn't too big for me to work with. I actually prefer the larger size screen now.
    11-20-2014 09:34 AM
    Do you use a case? Is the note 4 really worth the extra $135 I would have to come out of pocket for or is it more worth it to sell the turbo and keep my note 3 and make $300 or so. Thats the real question. I could probably deal with the added weight. Just wondering if its worth the deal.
    11-20-2014 09:37 AM
    I think you'd be very happy with the Note 4, and in the long run, $100 out of pocket is probably as cheap as this is going to get for you, especially if you want to stay eligible for the Edge program.

I am a project manager, and I am in and out of job sites and other environments all day long. I use a Spigen Slim Armor case or Otterbox Commuter with my devices, and the additional size of the Note 3/4 (compared to my S4) is noticeable in my pocket, but it isn't too big for me to work with. I actually prefer the larger size screen now.
    Do you have a note 3 or a note 4? Have you had both? Do you really like the note 4 over the note 3 and think its worth it in the long run?
    11-20-2014 09:39 AM
    I went from the S4 to the Note 4, so I can't comment on the N3/N4 differences. You should be able to take your N3 to a Verizon Store and play around with the demo unit to compare for yourself.

I really like the Note 4. But I know some Note 3 users have felt like it is only a small upgrade from what they have, so they aren't busting a gut to switch. I felt the same way about the S3 when I had an S2. I also felt the same way about the S5 with my S4. So I completely understand if you decide the same thing.

But in order for you to stay in good graces with the Edge program, you will have to either sit on your Turbo, or sell it. You won't get any more money for it than you will right now. It's the new shiny toy in the VZW lineup, just like the Note 4. When it is no longer the new shiny toy, you will not be able to get as much money for it.

I use a case for mine, and have no problem carrying it around in my jeans pocket, front shirt pocket, or my jacket pocket. I have traditionally been a fan of the Otterbox Commuter series, but I went with a Spigen Slim Armor this time for my Note 4, simply due to availability at the time.

The last thing that swings it to the Note 4 for me is that you'll have this device for at least a year, if not longer, with the Edge program. The Note 3 is not likely to get the Lollipop Android OS upgrade--at least not right away, if ever. The Note 4 will definitely get it.

So yeah, in the long run, I think it is worth the $135 to upgrade to the Note 4, and stay in good graces with your Edge program. Even if you feel it is only a small upgrade from the N3. You'll still be very happy with it, I feel very confident.
    11-20-2014 09:55 AM
    My thoughts on the Verizon Note 4 advantages over Verizon Note 3:
    -Significantly better battery life
    -Significantly better radio, especially in lower signal areas.
    -Runs substantially cooler
    -Charges significantly faster with adaptive charging.
    -Significantly easier to read outdoors
    -Camera is a MAJOR improvement in low light/motion shots. Note 4 has OIS.
    -Added fingerprint scanner (can be a bit finicky to use)
    -Added Heartrate monitor
    -Usage of Google "always listening" even when screen is off. Note 3 only had S-Voice always listening

Minor points:
    -Added aluminum frame
    -QHD

Cons:
    -Marginally heavier (I didn't really notice it)
    -No USB 3.0 (slower transfer speeds)
    -A hair taller (I didn't really notice it)
    -Speaker on the back

11-20-2014 10:12 AM
    My thoughts on the Verizon Note 4 advantages over Verizon Note 3:
    -Significantly better battery life
    -Significantly better radio, especially in lower signal areas.
    -Runs substantially cooler
    -Charges significantly faster with adaptive charging.
    -Significantly easier to read outdoors
    -Camera is a MAJOR improvement in low light/motion shots. Note 4 has OIS.
    -Added fingerprint scanner (can be a bit finicky to use)
    -Added Heartrate monitor
    -Usage of Google "always listening" even when screen is off. Note 3 only had S-Voice always listening

Minor points:
    -Added aluminum frame
    -QHD

Cons:
    -Marginally heavier (I didn't really notice it)
    -No USB 3.0 (slower transfer speeds)
    -A hair taller (I didn't really notice it)
    -Speaker on the back

Damn that makes it a tough decision haha. The better battery, screen for outdoors, and reception are all really appealing to me. The rest of the new features I probably would never use. I had an s5 and couldnt stand the health app and how it always poppepd up.
    11-20-2014 10:29 AM
    Too bad ur Not with ATT. The company that runs the ATT store I go to will take any phone on trade in for ATT next program. I took in old flip phones from years past, cracked screens and every other old broke phone we had. The old broke phones didn't get much...but a good condition Note 3 or nexus would bring in serious cash. Are you sure the trade in is for just Verizon phones? I would ask. U might be pleasantly surprised. I knew the old phones wouldn't bring anything but it was a good way to recycle the phones and clean out a junk drawer at the same time. I think they will sell the old phone parts to apple to build the new iPhone 7+...LMAO!

Posted via the Android Central App
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-20-2014 07:20 PM