Hey question, I noticed in my calender app it says under 'sync', to sync calenders and 'samsung tasks', BUT, I have no tasks app on my note 4 that I can find? Got thinking, where IS my tasks app. I used to use the one on my HTC One, but don't see one on here.
    11-20-2014 02:16 PM
    There isn't one. It's embedded in the Calendar app. That's where your tasks are saved and managed.
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-20-2014 02:48 PM
    Hey question, I noticed in my calender app it says under 'sync', to sync calenders and 'samsung tasks', BUT, I have no tasks app on my note 4 that I can find? Got thinking, where IS my tasks app. I used to use the one on my HTC One, but don't see one on here.
    To manage tasks, I use GTI and its widget on my home screen, which syncs to Google Calendar.
    11-20-2014 06:28 PM
    What is gti

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    11-20-2014 08:51 PM
    What is gti

It is an app in the play store

monsieurms likes this.
    11-20-2014 09:11 PM
    Ok. I'll check it out

11-20-2014 09:51 PM
    I started using SolCalendar which is both the to do list and the calendar. I was using Wunderlist for a while but not having it integrated into the calendar was getting to be a PITA. Not being able to share them was even bigger PITA. Tomatoes from groceries and SolCalendar for the schedule and to-do list stuff. Saved me a bunch of money since Wunderlist is subscription based.
    11-21-2014 12:44 AM
    Ok. I'll check it out

Sorry, should've explained properly the first time, glad to see LaTuFu gettting it done.

I like GTI and I am wary of programs that no longer update, but I used to use Google Tasks Organizer, which the developer stopped supporting. You may be happy with GTI free functions, you may need to pay to unlock some parts (the key one being sync, $3). But GTO is still free and the developer is giving away the apk, if you feel comfortable with a program that NEVER updates again, no matter how many os changes there are. I personally don't, but at least at the moment it is current and works just fine. But, too, for all of $3, you should be set with sync and GTI for some time.

WIth GTO, you also have to "sideload" the apk since it is no longer available from playstore. Here is the GTO link:

GTO Tasks Official Versions

At this point, in fact, I probably like GTI a bit better. There are pros and cons. Frankly, it doesn't matter much. Their task is quite simple. They both do it well. They both have nice widgets. I wouldn't have bothered to switch had it not been for the "no more updating" and I found it gone from my phone after upgrading to a Note 4 from S4 because it isn't in PlayStore. But that is an issue.
    11-21-2014 07:03 AM
    I don't see in the samsung calender, where the task function is?
    11-21-2014 10:29 AM
    If you tap the "Add" button, you can select from the drop down menu on the top left corner if you want to add an event or a task. If you select the CALENDARS options from the menu button on the top right, you should see a list of the Calendars to display, where you can show or hide the local Tasks (saved only in your phone and not synced to anything), Samsung Tasks (which sync to S-Cloud) or any other tasks from accounts that support them).

Depending on the view you're using, they might show up on every day's events or in the Agenda list.
    11-21-2014 10:48 AM
    Ohhh there it is, thanks!!! Looks like I can choose samsung account which is linked to my Google so it'll sync, cool.
    Thanks!
    11-21-2014 10:54 AM
    11-21-2014 11:24 AM
    Glad you found it!
    Yes, thanks for the help Never thought to look there
    11-21-2014 12:32 PM