What Is ANT HAL Service?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Something called ANT HAL Service is running on my phone and using up a ton of my CPU.

Is it necessary? How do I turn it off?

Posted via the Android Central App

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
ANT is radio (FM). You have the Sprint variant?

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
This will provide some information and from my understanding yes its safe to uninstall if you don't use fitness apps that require these radios.

Perhaps just freeze in case you might require but easy to find again should you delete and then require them.

ANT Radio Service - Android Informer. This service is similar to the system components that enable other forms of wireless...

I use a Jawbone UP24 - could that be doing it?

Is there a way I can have this only operate at certain times of the day, rather than being on all day?

ark1x

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Something called ANT HAL Service is running on my phone and using up a ton of my CPU.

Hal stands for hardware abstraction layer , this in Operating System language is the part of the kernel that pprovides higher level services and API interfaces for physical devices present in a system. So in one word its what exposes what physical devices u have in your smartphone, including your camera bluetooth and all othee sensors and without this HAL services applications wouldn't be ablw to interact or access this hardware sensors and devices. So dont attempt disabling it

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I use a Jawbone UP24 - could that be doing it?

Is there a way I can have this only operate at certain times of the day, rather than being on all day?

I would say probably yes, as tons of fitness stuff uses Ant+ for talking to your phone.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
But my only complaint with Android is that we should be able to completely remove bloatware without rooting of course. Most of my disabled apps are from AT&T. The only one I use is the My AT&T app.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hal stands for hardware abstraction layer , this in Operating System language is the part of the kernel that pprovides higher level services and API interfaces for physical devices present in a system. So in one word its what exposes what physical devices u have in your smartphone, including your camera bluetooth and all othee sensors and without this HAL services applications wouldn't be ablw to interact or access this hardware sensors and devices. So dont attempt disabling it

All, 'Hal' system apps or files are listed as bloatware, safe to disable, on my. 'package disalbler pro by Samsung' you say that it has control over camera Bluetooth and 3 other sensors as well. I don't use Bluetooth and have it disabled now but I'd please like to know what other 3 sensors that you speak of and there importance to everyday use, if one doesn't use, S Health or anything similar. You sound very much like you know what your talking about, so I respect your opinion and answer. There are 5 files that make up that app, Hal, Hal Ant, ect. I had them disabled for awhile but had another issue with my phone (note 4 running marshmallow) and had to do a factory reset. After reading your comment especially the end, when you stated, 'don't try to disable', I then became concerned about the 3 sensors that you didn't alaborate on and would like to know what they are for before I decide if I will disable them again. Finally I'd like to say that when disabled I didn't seem to experience any problems and would also like to point out that these features were not on the note 3. Sincerely Arthur

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramachandra Gaonkar

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the information

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Unless you use an app that requires ANT, you can safely disable it. Just use a PC program like Debloater, or an app like Package Disabler Pro and disable all ANT apps... then check to see if anything is affected.

My Note 4 has been running with ANT apps disabled from practically day one with no effect on any operation, bluetooth or otherwise.

PeteyPub

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
But my only complaint with Android is that we should be able to completely remove bloatware without rooting of course. Most of my disabled apps are from AT&T. The only one I use is the My AT&T app.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

But you can unbloat your phone. Root the device and then use something like Titanium Backup. The app will let you delete everything, even the apps embeded by Samsung or Boost ( in my case ).

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site

ANT HAL is the new-and-improved must-have Artificial Intellegence companion for your mobile device. Unlike it's older counterpart hell-bent on destroying it's creators, the new and improved version just eats up precious device storage and resources, all while watching your every move!

93fbb010acb4d23e7ccd7e2db71b35e9.gif

Just kidding of course, it's likely as useful as bloatware like the others are saying. Look up how to root your device if you wish to completly remove it. You should be able to use Greenify to disable the package, but this is not a permanent solution, and won't remove it from your device.

Last edited:

DRAGON-THUNDER

Feb 21, 2021
Visit site

Enter to ant hal service app info from sittings-apps "show system"

And take a look in data usage and you will know wht is penfit of

In my smartphone ASUS-AR its for msm8996pro advantages and tricam system camera for AR REAL HARDWARE STUFF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy