11-29-2014 08:35 AM
64 123
tools
    I have an Otterbox Commuter, the screen protector it came with and also insurance so I'm not taking any chances! Didn't have one on my S4 but got no scratches but the screen cracked in my pocket and cost 250 euros to fix at the time. Didn't have one on my S2 before that and scratched it. Never felt the same about it ever scratching that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-22-2014 02:52 PM
    I don't. I find dust and or pet hair can work their way in over time.

I did too until I started using glass protectors.

skatergirl likes this.
    11-22-2014 03:57 PM
    I bought one of the Zagg HD Glass screen protectors. Put it on the phone before I even walked out of the store. I'm not rough with my phone but I'm also not overally cautious. I tend to throw it anywhere in my purse and keep it in my pocket or bra. So far no scratches on the screen protector. It gives me an added sense of comfort too as I've seen from first hand experience someone drop their phone (it was a really bad drop), with the protector on, Screen protector broke but the actual phone screen was fine. It's literally like having another screen. Zaggs waranty on their screen protectors is pretty solid too so that's always an added bonus.
    11-23-2014 01:34 AM
    I've never bothered with screen protectors before now but after a couple of close calls in the first week with my note 4 I decided to try one. After a few hours research I settled on the Spigen Crystal. I couldn't be happier with it. It comes with a lens wipe that removes dust and static before you apply the protector and it went on in one smooth movement and no bubbles. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I've since done my wife's iPhone with the same equivalent and that was just as easy.

11-23-2014 02:54 AM
    Ya i have a tempered glass screen protector and case. I wouldnt take any chances with screen this size. But i always alteast use a protector and the one phone i went caseless i dropped and had it had a case i would of had no damage to the side.

11-23-2014 05:08 AM
    I don't use a screen protector at all. Never had a problem with scratches before and I never took the time, nor have I ever seen the need to inspect my phones screen under a magnifing glass for micro-scratches. Those that do this are people who look for anything and everything to b**** about. Me on the other hand, out of sight out of mind.
    11-23-2014 05:37 AM
    11-23-2014 08:53 AM
    I am using the Invisible Shield Glass protector. Love it and I hate screen protectors. You don't even know you have it on except you can the edges.
    11-23-2014 10:55 AM
    Sometimes I think I'm the only person capable of not doing phone. I did a poll of friends, and found there were others like me. Now I don't feel like such a freak at keeping a nice phone without it wrapped a box 24/7.

11-23-2014 01:23 PM
    I have had a screen protector on one of my previous phones and it actually saved the screen from getting scratched by a key. If I didn't have the protector on, my screen would have been scratched instead of the protector.
    11-23-2014 01:40 PM
    I've never used a screen protector, but I want to get one for my Note 4. I am just worried about getting one that actually fits the screen properly because of the curve it has.
    11-23-2014 02:02 PM
    For more on the joy of going naked,

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo.../464803-a.html

:-0 :-(
    11-23-2014 02:22 PM
    Case free. Screen protector free. Risky but I'm loving the feeling of this baby.
    11-23-2014 06:45 PM
    Well suck.
    Just noticed a small screen scratch on my N4. Haven't used a screen protector on any of the numerous Samsung smartphones I've owned in the last 4 years ...or my recent LG G3 and now I have a scratch on my week old N4? Gotta be kidding.
    Hope screen protectors have improved cause I like to resell my phones and move on to the next greatest thing and this scratch just cost me a few.

Wow...my phone goes in my front or rear left pockets with nothing else so don't understand what did it. Don't wear a ring...and I take my phones backpacking, motorcycling, bicycling, etc all the time with no problems till now.

I suspect Samsung put another coating on top that is scratching...I don't know what's up.

Update : just realized I was using sand to soak up some spilt oil in my garage...I suppose some might have gotten in my pockets or maybe my finger had traces ?
    11-24-2014 06:09 PM
    I sold many phones and every buyer always ask if the screen is perfect, they don't care if it has minor/small chips or dents like I had on my Samsung S5.

I just don't buy what Gorilla Glass is selling at the end of the day it's going to get scratched. This is why I always use a screen protector.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-24-2014 06:36 PM
    I went without a protector for about a week. I decided I needed one when mass paranoia set in every time my 2 year old picked up my phone and ran around the house with it. If I didn't have kids I could probably go without screen protection.

In that week a put a tiny scratch in my phone screen so I'm glad I have it protected now.
    11-24-2014 06:37 PM
    I sold many phones and every buyer always ask if the screen is perfect, they don't care if it has minor/small chips or dents like I had on my Samsung S5.

I just don't buy what Gorilla Glass is selling at the end of the day it's going to get scratched. This is why I always use a screen protector.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    Still going naked?

What screen protector are you using?
    11-24-2014 08:54 PM
    Yes and loving it.
    11-25-2014 09:39 PM
    Your phone already has Gorilla glass 2.5d which is a protector in itself, supposed to be scratch resistant.
    11-26-2014 08:24 PM
    I didn't put a screen protector on mine because I didn't think that I would need one. And I haven't.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-27-2014 06:10 AM
    Just cracked my tablet few days ago, so better spend few $ on screen protector ...
    11-27-2014 06:23 AM
    Just cracked my tablet few days ago, so better spend few $ on screen protector ...
    How did you do that?

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    11-27-2014 06:26 AM
    I put a spigen crystal film type (plastic). This way it won't be too thick for any cases I put on. It's not AS nice as bare, but I like the protection offered. Also, if I decide to take it off in a year, the screen will still be like new!
    11-27-2014 04:40 PM
    I've had the note 4 for about 3 weeks now and there's already a small scratch somehow. It's only really noticeable at certain angles and when the screens off in bright light. Now I baby the hell out of my note 4, my right pocket only has the phone in it and all that, so I'm a bit confused on how this mini scratch came about.

Having said that I recently bought the SuperShieldz Tempered Glass protector for a few bucks and I love it. It's glass, so it feels just like the regular glass and it actually looks good I think. It went on perfectly, no bubble, lint, and no halo. You can barely tell it's on there. Functionality remains the same as does the screens image quality.
    11-28-2014 04:13 AM
    I initially did not have one on because the Zagg Glass that I've used on other phones was out of stock. I try to be extremely careful but I worried the entire time it was unprotected. Finally got one and put it on and a week later dropped my phone face down in the parking lot. Luckily both protector and screen were fine but I'm glad I had the screen protector on!

Posted via my Galaxy Note 4
    11-28-2014 07:12 AM
64 123