11-29-2014 09:35 AM
64 123
tools
    I really do believe that with a protective case that a screen protector may not be necessary. I have always had a case on my phone. But rarely do I keep a screen protector on my phone. And even when I do buy one, it doesn't stay on the phone for long.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    11-28-2014 08:15 AM
    It really depends on the user everyone is different but for personal comfort most people put a screen protector on. You already made a huge investment what's another 10-20 bucks? Most people nowadays are getting the tempered glass extra layer of protection. The good thing about Tempered glass is the prevention of scratches for me. The regular screen protector they scratch like crazy after months of use so you it'll irritate you and you'll be replacing it with another one.
    11-28-2014 09:19 AM
    It really depends on the user everyone is different but for personal comfort most people put a screen protector on. You already made a huge investment what's another 10-20 bucks? Most people nowadays are getting the tempered glass extra layer of protection. The good thing about Tempered glass is the prevention of scratches for me. The regular screen protector they scratch like crazy after months of use so you it'll irritate you and you'll be replacing it with another one.
    I wouldn't say that most people put on a screen protector. And it is a huge investment. But that's why I have insurance on the phone.

11-28-2014 09:24 AM
    wow you probably have good insurance or they're lying to you most company don't replaced cracked screen due to customer's abuse.
    11-28-2014 09:49 AM
    wow you probably have good insurance or they're lying to you most company don't replaced cracked screen due to customer's abuse.
    What do you think that insurance covers? If I drop my phone and the screen cracks, it's insured. I pay the deductible and get the phone replaced or repaired.

plumcrazy likes this.
    11-28-2014 09:54 AM
    I wouldn't say that most people put on a screen protector. And it is a huge investment. But that's why I have insurance on the phone.
    Money is one issue, and to me the least important of the two. The other is inconvenience/hassle/disruption of activities, depending on the type of harm the phone suffers, which could be anything from a scratch to catastrophic loss. If you have to send the phone back for repairs, you'll be without it for awhile. Depending on the type of repair, it may also come back wiped and have to be set up again. If you have to get a new one, you'll definitely have to set everything up again. If it happens at an inconvenient time, while, say, you're on a 3 week vacation in Europe, you may be not be playing any MP3s, reading ebooks or getting texts for awhile, until you get home and can take care of it. My phone is an important part of my daily functioning. I'm more willing to leave the house without my wallet than my phone these days.
    11-28-2014 11:58 AM
    Money is one issue, and to me the least important of the two. The other is inconvenience/hassle/disruption of activities. If you have to send the phone back for repairs, you'll be without it for awhile. Depending on the type of repair, it may also come back wiped and have to be set up again. If you have to get a new one, you'll definitely have to set everything up again. If it happens at an inconvenient time, while, say, you're on a 3 week vacation in Europe, you may be not be playing any MP3s, reading ebooks or getting texts for awhile, until you get home and can take care of it. My phone is an important part of my daily functioning. I'm more likely to leave the house without my wallet than my phone.
    Sure. What you say is correct, but I will have to indicate that I have only had to send a phone in for repair once in 7 years and that was with my very first smartphone the AT&T Tilt. And I didn't have a case on that phone. I have always gotten along without a screen protector on my devices. My insurance is mostly if someone steals my phone or I lose it. Screen protector does not assist in either of those scenarios. And I have always sold my phones in pristine condition. Just a case. That works for me. But I do understand if that doesn't work for others.

11-28-2014 12:02 PM
    It's personal preference. Gorilla Glass already is scratch resistant. If you take reasonable precautions to care for your phone, it should be just fine without it.

I've not had a screen protector on my Galaxy devices for a few years now. Never had any issues, and not a problem selling them.
    11-28-2014 01:29 PM
    Like so many knowledgeable posters have stated, a screen protector and even the case, is a personal preference. Also, whatever the preference is, to put one or or not put one on, it will be CORRECT for the that user.

Example, I will not ride my street motorcycle on the street without full gear head to toe, others ride helmetless, shorts and tennis. We all be correct for ourselves.

On my Note 4 and Tab Pro, glass screen protectors and cases were put on as soon as boxes were opened. On day 1.
    11-28-2014 02:05 PM
    Money is one issue, and to me the least important of the two. The other is inconvenience/hassle/disruption of activities, depending on the type of harm the phone suffers, which could be anything from a scratch to catastrophic loss. If you have to send the phone back for repairs, you'll be without it for awhile. Depending on the type of repair, it may also come back wiped and have to be set up again. If you have to get a new one, you'll definitely have to set everything up again. If it happens at an inconvenient time, while, say, you're on a 3 week vacation in Europe, you may be not be playing any MP3s, reading ebooks or getting texts for awhile, until you get home and can take care of it. My phone is an important part of my daily functioning. I'm more willing to leave the house without my wallet than my phone these days.
    Yeah, but that could all still happen with a case on.... Cases add some protection, but they aren't full proof. Maybe less likely with a case on, maybe not....

But as everyone has said, to each his/her own. No right or wrong answer.
    Sure. What you say is correct, but I will have to indicate that I have only had to send a phone in for repair once in 7 years and that was with my very first smartphone the AT&T Tilt. And I didn't have a case on that phone. I have always gotten along without a screen protector on my devices. My insurance is mostly if someone steals my phone or I lose it. Screen protector does not assist in either of those scenarios. And I have always sold my phones in pristine condition. Just a case. That works for me. But I do understand if that doesn't work for others.

Doc, how is someone going to snatch your Note 4 when you never put it down?
    11-28-2014 04:10 PM
    Yeah, but that could all still happen with a case on.... Cases add some protection, but they aren't full proof. Maybe less likely with a case on, maybe not....

But as everyone has said, to each his/her own. No right or wrong answer.

Doc, how is someone going to snatch your Note 4 when you never put it down?
    That is true. They may have to beat me and pry it out of my lifeless hands.

11-28-2014 04:11 PM
    I got the s-cover for mine so no screen protector for me. If I didn't have that I'd get one for sure. My wife got the tempered glass protector for her M8 and you can't tell it's on there.
    11-29-2014 01:27 AM
    I got a Spigen case and a glass screen protector for mine. I'm oct about protecting my tech.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-29-2014 06:52 AM
    Don't have one on mine. Since the edges are round, I'm assuming the screen protector could easily peel off when you put your phone in your pocket, etc

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4 which makes me miss pure Android sometimes...
    Had the same problem with the Nokia 920 and could never get a screen protector to hold on the edges.

It really depends on how you use your phone and how cautious too are. I didn't have any screen scratches on my G2 after a year of use, but note 4 screen may not be as durable, don't know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2014 09:35 AM
64 123