Do we really need to put a screen protector on the Note 4?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I prefer it and think it is important. Many don't care. It is especially important, I think, if not using a case (cases typically have a raised lip that partly protects the screen from direct contact in the event of drops). Of course that won't eliminate other potential issues.

But there are a zillion threads on this and many different reasons and viewpoints.

bernardcote

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't have one on mine. Since the edges are round, I'm assuming the screen protector could easily peel off when you put your phone in your pocket, etc

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4 which makes me miss pure Android sometimes...

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had phones like a nexus 5 and 4, and tablet (nexus 7 2012) and not used a screen protector. I some of those devices had no scratches at all, some had micro scratches, others none. I've even dropped the Nexus 7 several time on tiled or wood floors, no case and cracked the bezel and still not screen scratches.

I've also had the Galaxy s3 and note 3 and had a screen protectors on them. It's a crap shoot to me.

I have one on my Note 4 because I'm worried about scratching it, but I'm not sure I really need it, but too afraid to take it off for now. In about 6 months, I'll probably take it off. I really think it's just a toss up and who you ask. Some people report they have scratches on their note 4s already, some don't...

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
All very valid points....thank you all :) I guess i'll keep this invisible shield glass on. It's literally on there perfect with no lint or bubbles....the halo around the edges is sort of bothering me (even that is even all the way around so I guess it's ok) ha!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Personal preference, really. The glass on the Samsung devices have a really good scratch resistant coating (maybe Gorilla Glass, too, iirc) so the only real need for a protector is peace of mind.

I had one on my S2, didn't have one on my S4 for a while, then had one for the last couple of months I used it. Currently don't have one on my Note 4, don't plan to get one at the moment.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Never had one, never will. Never had a scratch either. Gorilla Glass is good stuff. I don't have an issue with those who do. Just don't like them...

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
All very valid points....thank you all :) I guess i'll keep this invisible shield glass on. It's literally on there perfect with no lint or bubbles....the halo around the edges is sort of bothering me (even that is even all the way around so I guess it's ok) ha!

The halo is most visible when the device is OFF. WHen it's on, doesn't bother me.

Gorilla glass is not invulnerable. There are plenty of threads on that, too. ;)

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since my Droid Incredible. I never noticed any microscratches with my Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4, but I did with my Nexus 5. We'll see how my Note 4 holds up. I bought a screen protector but I don't like the way it feels with the spen.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you ever plan on selling your phone in the future, I'd recommend at least a plastic screen protector. I've sold a few of my friends and family's old phones on eBay and customers like the fact that you protect a phone with a case, screen protector, etc. I just put one on (iSmooth) my Note 4. I've used it previously on my GS4 and it works well enough.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you view the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 video you will learn that about 80% of screen breakage is due to the screen being dropped face down onto a hard rough surface like concrete road surfaces. A glass screen will help prevent this type of damage as the replaceable screen takes the "licking" and because (IMO) the silicone adhesive stabilizes the phone display glass upon impact.
I have two different glass screen protectors (Spigen & TechPro brands) that are sized to cover only the flat portion of the Note 4 screen and I have not had any issues with lint under the screen or the screen protector pealing off with the currently installed Spigen glass screen protector which I have been using this particular screen protector since I received my Note 4 on October 22..

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Different phone every year for the past 10 years...Never used an screen protector and never will. Sold all the phones thru private sellers or ebay...never got 1 return

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital