07-14-2017 09:48 AM
59 123
tools
    I only get the popup if I change from my bluetooth keyboard back to on screen keyboard. I'm using Swiftkey Beta. I select that keyboard as my default and never see the popup again until after I use bluetooth keyboard. I have the small keyboard icon in the upper left corner of the screen whenever any keyboard is in use.
    Maybe you should go into settings and clear all defaults for keyboards and try again.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-04-2015 04:27 PM
    Eh your not making sense. It's an icon that is only present when using the keyboard.

Your grievence is very anal tbh.

Posted via the Android Central App
    No, I know exactly what this user is experiencing. This started happening to me about 2 weeks ago, and only in my texting program. I have a Galaxy Note 4. What happens is, I go to respond to or send a text, and "choose keyboard" message comes up, and freezes my screen, basically. I choose my usual input, which is Google Voice typing, and then if I dictate, everything is fine, but if I just want to text a reply, I am unable to do it without the screen freezing and huge delays. It's super super annoying.
    05-23-2016 07:05 PM
    Yes! And the thing is, this didn't happen on my phone until 2 weeks ago (Galaxy Note 4), and it only happens in my texting program. I had made Google Voice typing my default months ago, and I never thought about it, whether I wanted to dictate or type, I never had to choose anything. Now not only do I have to choose an input method every time, but doing so basically freezes or stalls my screen every time.
    05-23-2016 07:11 PM
    It's giving you the option to easily switch keyboards/inputs while you have a keyboard open. When you get done typing and sending your text, email, or whatever, it goes away. Nothing to freak out about!
    No! Thats what we keep trying to tell you. It is IN THE NOTIFICATIONS and it does NOT go away until you press clear. VERY Very Annoying!
    Judd Lee likes this.
    06-01-2016 10:16 PM
    No! Thats what we keep trying to tell you. It is IN THE NOTIFICATIONS and it does NOT go away until you press clear. VERY Very Annoying!
    S5 might be one of the worst phones I ever owned. Honestly don't even know how this is even legal. This problem is over 2 yrs old and still hasn't been solved. Such a joke. A never ending thread with everyone having the same issue and droid ignores this. Cool. It wouldn't be the first time too.

Looks like I'm switching to an iphone. The "customization" on a Droid is beyond overrated. I want a phone that works and doesn't prompt me to select a keyboard everytime I go to text.

Annoying, unnecessary and it lags my whole device. Switching to Apple. Farewell. Im done complaining.
    06-02-2016 09:20 AM
    There's a bunch of special character and gif keyboards now that I like to switch to for fun stuff but use SwiftKey for typing. It's nice to be able to switch back and forth using this. #youtrippin

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-02-2016 10:44 AM
    Just couldn't help but to create an account for this specific issue to say how much I hate it. It is annoying and hyper redundant.
    06-23-2016 02:02 PM
    Settings>Language and Input>Keyboards and Input Methods>Default ...

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    06-23-2016 05:39 PM
    Had the same issue and it also drove me nuts. But it seems I found a solution:
    https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-u...-input-method-

HTH,
    M.
    07-14-2017 09:48 AM
59 123