So my phone has been naked since I got it. I've been exceptionally careful with it and had just one tiny little scratch that drove me nuts.

I finally got the S View case to keep it in until I decide on what case to get permanently. Put it on last night. Played around with it. Was looking at the screen a lot last night and then again this morning.

I had to run errands and the phone, as usual goes into my front pocket, keys in the other pocket, and off I go. At my first stop, I pull out the phone to let my partner know I am there and see a big crack along the edge. It is right at the left edge where the screen starts to curve down, just outside where the view window is for the case.

Coincidence? How did this case do it, if it did?

And to add salt to my wound, Sprint somehow removed the protection plans we had on our phones. So I will be paying for a new screen out of pocket. I tried to add a protection plan to my phone today, even to my partner's phone, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it on the Framily Plan we got talked into earlier in the year.
    11-21-2014 10:01 PM
    So my phone has been naked since I got it. I've been exceptionally careful with it and had just one tiny little scratch that drove me nuts.

I finally got the S View case to keep it in until I decide on what case to get permanently. Put it on last night. Played around with it. Was looking at the screen a lot last night and then again this morning.

I had to run errands and the phone, as usual goes into my front pocket, keys in the other pocket, and off I go. At my first stop, I pull out the phone to let my partner know I am there and see a big crack along the edge. It is right at the left edge where the screen starts to curve down, just outside where the view window is for the case.

And to add salt to my wound, Sprint somehow removed the protection plans we had on our phones. So I will be paying for a new screen out of pocket. I tried to add a protection plan to my phone today, even to my partner's phone, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it on the Framily Plan we got talked into earlier in the year.
    I would first off talk to sprint and see if they can fix the mistake. I've used it on the s4 fine but once I heard of the horror stories with it in the note 3 I returned it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 10:04 PM
    Horrors stories with the case?
    11-21-2014 10:07 PM
    When I fitted my S4 into Bodyglove's flip S view case, the screen cracked. Was replaced under ADH policy Samsung has in Africa.
    11-21-2014 10:27 PM
    Horrors stories with the case?
    Umm just go to the note 3 forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    PaulaO likes this.
    11-22-2014 07:33 AM

Hmm I've had the S Case on my phone for a while now with no issues. Maybe it was something in your purse? I can't imagine how the case itself could damage the phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-22-2014 03:30 PM
    Hmm I've had the S Case on my phone for a while now with no issues. Maybe it was something in your purse? I can't imagine how the case itself could damage the phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    I also have the N 4 S-view cover and I just can't see how it could damage a N4. I don't use it because I have decided to go without a case.
    11-23-2014 09:39 AM
    I also have the N 4 S-view cover and I just can't see how it could damage a N4. I don't use it because I have decided to go without a case.
    Once again go to the note 3 sub forum... There's been issues with it on the Note 3 I decided to return it

11-23-2014 05:42 PM
    ... can you just synopsize the major points as to why the Note 3 s-view cases caused these alleged horror stories? Save a brother some time considering you brought the topic up.
    11-23-2014 07:08 PM
    Going to keep mine. I'm sure that if sand or grit gets stuck between the cover and the screen there may be issues but if someone keeps the screen and case clean I doubt any issues will arise long term. I take very good care of my devices so I'm not worried.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    11-23-2014 07:19 PM
    ... can you just synopsize the major points as to why the Note 3 s-view cases caused these alleged horror stories? Save a brother some time considering you brought the topic up.
    I don't actually remember it but only remember there was a thread about the flip cover

11-23-2014 08:07 PM
    I read through most of the posts about the screen cracking on the Note 3, but I don't recall it being specifically about the S-View. Several of the posters said their screens cracked while charging (maybe an overheating issue), or just out of the blue. Most of the pictures submitted had hairline cracks that were very similar.

Others said it cracked when coming inside from cold temperatures outside. There was also some speculation that the affected devices had a bad batch of glass.

Neither the carrier nor Samsung would acknowlege that it was a manufacturing defect, and the users were told that they would have to bear the cost of the repairs. There was talk on that thread about a class action lawsuit, but I don't think they've gotten enough signatures yet.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    11-23-2014 08:54 PM
    I read through most of the posts about the screen cracking on the Note 3, but I don't recall it being specifically about the S-View. Several of the posters said their screens cracked while charging (maybe an overheating issue), or just out of the blue. Most of the pictures submitted had hairline cracks that were very similar.

Others said it cracked when coming inside from cold temperatures outside. There was also some speculation that the affected devices had a bad batch of glass.

Neither the carrier nor Samsung would acknowlege that it was a manufacturing defect, and the users were told that they would have to bear the cost of the repairs. There was talk on that thread about a class action lawsuit, but I don't think they've gotten enough signatures yet.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    Not that thread.... Lol people up in arms and quick to blame Samsung lol. Heat issues can cause it to happen. I'll link it

11-24-2014 01:12 AM
    No, it was in my pocket, just like always. Went from house to truck. Drove to location. Took out phone. Saw crack. If I had not cleaned the screen prior to putting on the case, I would say I had broken it some other way. But it was fine.

I did email Samsung. Basically saying the phone is built out of gorilla glass and the only way it was broken while in their case was if I had dropped it. I could return the phone to them but they could not guarentee how much it would cost nor how long it would take. Or I could contact the carrier. I have tried several times to contact Sprint but I would have better luck getting a live person on the phone with the cable company. And unfortunately, the Sprint repair place is inside our only mall. No way in heck am I going near that place until mid January. So I'll just keep calling.
    11-26-2014 01:43 AM