I've been using my galaxy note 4 for 3 days now and everytime i make a call using an app with my headphones on, i hear a "hissing" sound in the background. I am using wifi to connect. The person who i speak with regularly started noticing this too. On top of that, volume is low.

Can this be a general problem with samsung phones and should i use bluetooth headset instead?

I stil have my iphone 5s with me and i never had call quality issues with it no matter which headphone i put on. I'm starting to feel bad about my decision to buy note 4 instead of the 6+.

Thanks for the help.

Update as of Nov. 23 - same thing for voice calls over the network.
    11-22-2014 03:54 AM
    Look into the settings for the phone app. You can choose clear sound which should make your calls sound better.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    11-22-2014 04:43 AM
    Don't feel badly about Purchasing the Note 4. It's a great smartphone. Take it from someone who owned an iPhone 6 Plus. The Note 4 is a smarter choice.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    11-22-2014 04:45 AM
    Hi. Thanks for the tip but didn't solve it. Tried using several other apps over the weekend (also normal voice calls over the network) and the hiss persisted.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I didn't use my headset, the person on the other side would hear me very well but then I was the one having trouble hearing through the earpiece. It's frustrating, this poor call quality.

Don't get me wrong, I love my note 4 and everything about it! I guess I need to check what else i can do because I do not want to shift back to apple.
    11-23-2014 03:11 PM