just about to buy. . .

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
. . . but three questions please

1. What has kept me from pulling the trigger is the concern about lag. I was going to go with Nexus 6 but they killed that release. So now I have been looking into the Note 4 for a couple weeks. But I keep hearing this is laggy especially when going into apps that are open. I really want to know: is the lag on this phone enough to bog it down? How about TW is that really as bad as people say? Never owned a Samsung. I have played with a note 4 in the ATT store, but its hard to tell any of this there.

2. How hard to get an extra OEM battery. Was looking at the Lgg3 and it seems impossible to get one.

3. How do you think the note 4 compares with the Lgg3?

Thanks so much, must decide soon. Thanks to all who will help

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The recent apps button is a bit laggy but you can use third party apps like pie control to access recent apps without lag.

Samsung sells the extra battery on its website. I picked one up for $15 after coupon.

The Note 4 has better battery life for sure and a better screen. But the g3 has a very small form factor for its screen size. What exactly are your priorities?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
. . . but three questions please

1. What has kept me from pulling the trigger is the concern about lag. I was going to go with Nexus 6 but they killed that release. So now I have been looking into the Note 4 for a couple weeks. But I keep hearing this is laggy especially when going into apps that are open. I really want to know: is the lag on this phone enough to bog it down? How about TW is that really as bad as people say? Never owned a Samsung. I have played with a note 4 in the ATT store, but its hard to tell any of this there.

2. How hard to get an extra OEM battery. Was looking at the Lgg3 and it seems impossible to get one.

3. How do you think the note 4 compares with the Lgg3?

Thanks so much, must decide soon. Thanks to all who will help

For a guy that came from a hunk of junk phone...I don't see the lag. The tech guys who have all the best gadgets just root the Note 4 to get rid of any lag.

When my contract came up both my daughters got the LG G3 because they didn't want to wait to get the Note4. It hadn't released yet but I wanted the Note, So I waited. I can tell you they both want the Note 4. The super amoled screen on the Note 4 makes the G3 screen look pale in comparison.

Touch Wiz... it's OK. Good thing is there are many good launchers and ways to customize all that. I don't use any now, but have used GO EX, others like Nova, and Google and many more.

Batteries are all over the place and cheap enough. Look on Amazon.

I Love my Note and have compared it to all the others. I have friends that have all the top phones...straight out the box, all stock...this ones the best...IMO. I couldn't imagine rooting and upgrading all of it. It would be even more amazing.

The pen and all the options available make it even more of a great purchase. The next big this is here!

What ever you decide...Good Luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I came from iPhone to the Note 4 and while there is some lag at times it's not a problem at all. Yes the recent apps button takes a while and occasionally there are various items that aren't consistent in their speed. But none of these take away from the greatness of the Note 4.

I don't have a problem with TW. It's actually pretty nice. I've tried other launchers and while I like some of the options in them I keep TW as my home still. Maybe after having more time to tweet Nova I'll make the switch but that's another plus, you have those options.

I haven't used the LGG3 so can't really give you a comparison on them but can tell you that I have been extremely happy with the Note 4 and would highly recommend it to anyone. Lots of great features. You won't be disappointed if you make the move.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Just want to add...as far as an OEM battery goes, I was looking in the AC store just a few minutes ago and they have the OEM battery kit for 38 bucks. Can't get easier then that. Don't even have to close the app to get an OEM battery, charger and holder. Lol

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I came from a G2 and was leery about going back to Samsung (after having a GS3). I was strongly considering getting a G3 but the Note 4 has the most current Snapdragon processor, a beautiful screen and of course the S-Pen. If you don't think you'll use the S-Pen, then go with the G3. The G3 is a great phone and you can get it for a great price with the holidays coming up. But if you want all the current bells and whistles right now the Note 4 is the way to go.

As far as batteries, not sure you would really need a spare right off the bat because the battery is large (lasts all day for me). Since the Note 4 is new, supplies may not be keeping with demand locally, but you can find them online fairly easily. Btw once you register your phone with Samsung you get a 50% coupon to use in their store so you can order a certified Samsung battery for half off there.

I've experienced some lag here and there but it's nothing to make me want to return the phone. I've experienced about as much as I did with the G2 which was not a lot. As far as Touchwiz, a vast majority of regular users who have Samsung phones use it everyday and don't seem to mind it, including myself. It's just that minority of hardcore stock Android users around here who scream bloody murder about it.

Like most custom skins, including the G3 it's not perfect but it works.You can always root your phone or throw a 3rd party launcher on it if bothers you that much.

Last edited:

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am a woman with medium-sized hands and at first I was worried that this gorgeous phone would be too big for me (coming from a Galaxy S3). I have to say, though, after playing with it and handling it for the past two weeks, it now just feels normal. LOVE this phone!!

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
There is some lag here and there and like previous people have said the recent apps button takes longer then needed. I have a feeling that will be fixed with an update. Overall its an excellent device I would definitely suggest it. It has gotten to a point honestly where all the phones available are very good even entry level devices

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just that weird recent app delay for me to. Everything else has been great. Battery life, the screen, the s pen, the quick charging.