Can I set up different tones for different notifications on Note 4?

Txgunnut

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have an ATT Note 4. I am trying to set up different tones for different notifications, such as a tone for news bulletins, a different tone for app updates, a different tone for emails, etc. How do I do this? All I see under Settings-Device-Sound is a general "Notifications" that seems to cover everything but phone ringtones and text messages.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the Att version as well. I use Zedge. Works great! However, I've had some problems getting it to distinguish between certain notifications. News feed notifications are the same as app updates.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.

Last edited:

Txgunnut

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you MightyMike. The issue of distinguishing between news feeds and app updates (and other notifications)
is what I am trying to do. Does anyone know how to do this?

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
you set the default sound in settings, but you can for example assign specific email sound, and text sound by opening those apps and going into the menu and settings there.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I noticed with note 4 u can only use the native sounds unless u use a launcher....edited now when i chk i m able to use my zedge and the reg tones note 4 came with my apologies.

*My Sexy Note 4*

Txgunnut

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you ogio. I have found how to change the text sound, but my email programs do not ask for a notification tone. Also, how can I tell the difference between my emails coming in and a news flash? I used to be able to do these things with my old phone (iPhone). I am a recent convert to Android and this is about the only thing I have not found an answer for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12