Do I have to by a special case to use wireless charging with att? Thanks
    11-22-2014 03:12 PM
    It depends on the phone, not the carrier. Some phones come with built-in Qi (wireless charging) receivers, some have special backs available with the receiver on the back and some have to have a receiver added to them (which you can do if the back comes off and the phone is designed for Qi charging - or you can get a receiver that tapes onto the back of the phone [externally] and plugs into the microUSB port).
    11-22-2014 03:27 PM
    Thanks.So if I buy the sview cover with wirless that will work with ATT?
    This one: Samsung S-View Wireless Charging Cover for Galaxy Note 4 - Android Cases
    11-22-2014 03:33 PM
    I don't believe any of the US carrier branded Note 4 devices have wireless charging out of the box (none for Sprint either). You'll need to either buy the wireless charging back cover, the wireless charging flip case or buy a wireless charging kit off of Ebay.
    11-22-2014 05:54 PM
    I like the add on receivers/Stickers much better then the OME backs with wireless charging because the backs change the shape of the N4. The backs make the N4 thicker so many cases wont fit and it is noticeable in the feel of the phone in my hand. The amount of thickness added is not much so some folks may not notice it in the hand but I do.
    I have the OME back in white and three stickers. The Pleson and YooTECH look like the same thing.
    My observations.

The OME back works fine but negatives are noted above.

The Makibes and Link Dream stickers only have two contacts and I have a harder time lining them up. They are also thicker so the orginal back pushes out a little around the flash cutout. I did not test NFC with these two stickers.

The YooTECH and Pleson stickers have five contacts. I don't know what all five contacts do but they made it easer for me to line up. Worked fine and once stuck to the battery are easy to change out if you need to swap out batteries. Since I have two stickers and an extra battery I leave a sticker on both batteries. I find I just need to be conscious of the process when changing and or charging batteries. NFC works fine.

I don't know about charging speed as I just place the phone on a TYLT Vu charger when I am at my desk and
    Itian A6 charger at night.

The phone does get warm when charging but not hot and not as warm as with fast charging.
    11-23-2014 09:15 AM
    Thanks.So if I buy the sview cover with wirless that will work with ATT?
    This one: Samsung S-View Wireless Charging Cover for Galaxy Note 4 - Android Cases
    It will be a Qi charging case. At&t sells the powermat chargers, so it won't work on the ones att sells in stores or online. I bought one for my note 3 and had to return it.
    If you need a new Qi charger, there are some reasonably priced ones on Amazon. I have the powerbot charger for about $15. But I've switched to the tylt vu charger, its more expensive but I really like it.
    Amazon.com: PowerBot® PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices Including Samsung, iPhone, Nokia, Google, Nexus, LG, HTC and Other Smartphones with Receivers (AC Adapter Excluded. 2 x Mi
    Amazon.com: TYLT Vu Wireless Charger for all Qi Phones - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    11-23-2014 09:32 AM
    I have an S-View cover without wireless charging and it feels good in the hand. I would use it and especially the one with Wireless charging If I were going to use a case. I don't use a case so I use the sticker to get wireless charging. My point is that the N4 S-view covers are nice and feel good...not as bulky as some flip case/covers that I have seen.
    11-23-2014 09:35 AM
    It depends on the phone, not the carrier. Some phones come with built-in Qi (wireless charging) receivers, some have special backs available with the receiver on the back and some have to have a receiver added to them (which you can do if the back comes off and the phone is designed for Qi charging - or you can get a receiver that tapes onto the back of the phone [externally] and plugs into the microUSB port).
    Note 4 should be the same - you would need to buy the Wireless charging back or use a wireless charging insert.

But it sometimes can depend on the carrier. For example, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II didn't support wireless charging. The pins where blocked by the housing. You had to physically hack the phone to get wireless charging to work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-23-2014 10:06 AM