08-30-2015 06:20 PM
45 12
tools
    Really struggling with NOVA on my Note 4. I have tesla installed but my unread counts are all over the place. Things that I have read are still marked as unread and there is no rhyme or reason to it. So frustrating!!!
    08-17-2015 06:36 PM
    I understand this problem too. I REALLY like the stock Samsung clock widget (with the image in the background that changes depending on weather and time of day) it really bothers me that I cannot use it while I use Nova. But, it's all about what you get in exchange. I choose to deal with that since I can make my pages look so much cleaner and organized with Nova.
    Where is this clock? I cannot find it.
    08-17-2015 07:17 PM
    Really struggling with NOVA on my Note 4. I have tesla installed but my unread counts are all over the place. Things that I have read are still marked as unread and there is no rhyme or reason to it. So frustrating!!!
    I love Nova Prime but tesla is absolutely terrible. I deleted that long ago.
    08-17-2015 07:18 PM
    I'm loving Nova so far, it's reminding me what I missed when I left Android awhile back!
    Does Nova Launcher provide any non-aesthetic benefits? I'm trying to figure out if I'm imagining things or if it's actually making everything smoother and/or faster?
    It made my N4 soo much faster. And you can change the icon grid size for both the desktop and app drawer to fit more icons on one page.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2015 08:15 PM
    I love Nova Prime but tesla is absolutely terrible. I deleted that long ago.
    Tesla??

08-17-2015 08:16 PM
    Tesla??

It's their add-in that adds notification counts to icons on the home screen like unread counts on email.
    08-17-2015 08:49 PM
    It's their add-in that adds notification counts to icons on the home screen like unread counts on email.
    Oh ok.

08-17-2015 09:47 PM
    I got so frustrated with the trashed unread counter in Tesla, that I uninstalled Nova all together. I then wasted a LOT of time looking for another launcher, that managed unread counts on the Note 4 properly. I had no luck finding one. So I went back to TouchWiz. You know, I never noticed the lag in TouchWiz. Never. But after 8 months of using Nova, boy does TouchWiz suck......

Is there ANY launcher with a properly working unread counter?
    08-24-2015 11:27 PM
    I got so frustrated with the trashed unread counter in Tesla, that I uninstalled Nova all together. I then wasted a LOT of time looking for another launcher, that managed unread counts on the Note 4 properly. I had no luck finding one. So I went back to TouchWiz. You know, I never noticed the lag in TouchWiz. Never. But after 8 months of using Nova, boy does TouchWiz suck......

Been using Apex Launcher on Note 4 and so far no issues.

However I'm using Nova now with the new patch and my unread counter works fine =/
    08-25-2015 06:30 AM
    Nova is the best in my opinion. I've used Go, NeXt, Apex, and Google launchers. It just seems that Nova is the most flexible. It even lets you have different backups for different icon/desktop layouts that you can recall in seconds. So I could be using 7 Null icons in one setup and switch to a saved Proton icon setup if I get the desire.

Nova Prime. Worth every penny.

from my old nexus 5
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    08-25-2015 06:45 AM

Unread Count Notifications work perfectly for me using Nova.
    This is an old thread but the instructions are really clear and it is exactly how my unread count notifications work:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...fications.html
    08-25-2015 07:18 AM
    Been using Apex Launcher on Note 4 and so far no issues.

However I'm using Nova now with the new patch and my unread counter works fine =/
    What is this 'new patch'?
    08-25-2015 02:46 PM
    What is this 'new patch'?
    I forgot to manually update it for a few weeks, this is the version I upgraded recently and it's working fine.

Nova vs. Touchwiz-screenshot_2015-08-26-09-37-59.jpg
    08-26-2015 04:39 AM
    Unread Count Notifications work perfectly for me using Nova.
    This is an old thread but the instructions are really clear and it is exactly how my unread count notifications work:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...fications.html
    I know how to set it up. It used to work perfectly. When my phone was updated to Lollipop, that broke it. It has never worked right since, and I ever went back to factory settings and reloaded everything. I get crazy numbers, like 3 emails show up as 999+. garbage like that.
    08-26-2015 10:23 AM
    I know how to set it up. It used to work perfectly. When my phone was updated to Lollipop, that broke it. It has never worked right since, and I ever went back to factory settings and reloaded everything. I get crazy numbers, like 3 emails show up as 999+. garbage like that.
    Very strange. It works perfectly for me for Phone, Aquamail, Whatsapp, and GoSMS.

And I am using the updated Nova version 4.0.2
    08-26-2015 08:41 PM
    Yeah I know what you mean, mine is the same way. Right now my MailDroid says 999+. However I'm still using the older 3.3 version of Nova and Tesla. I'd update them if I thought it would fix it but seem all too common....

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App
    08-26-2015 10:17 PM
    Yeah I know what you mean, mine is the same way. Right now my MailDroid says 999+. However I'm still using the older 3.3 version of Nova and Tesla. I'd update them if I thought it would fix it but seem all too common....

I'd do it anyway just to see if it works for your particular set of apps.

08-26-2015 10:40 PM
    Just to follow up on this. After a LOT of frustration, trying to find a launcher that worked, I decided to do a factory reset. No idea how, but that looks like it fixed the crazy unread counter on Nova.
    No idea why.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:20 AM
    Just to follow up on this. After a LOT of frustration, trying to find a launcher that worked, I decided to do a factory reset. No idea how, but that looks like it fixed the crazy unread counter on Nova.
    No idea why.
    Hmmm, well good luck but please update us if it happens again(sadly likely from what I read).

08-30-2015 03:57 PM
    I have read these types of threads before, and I agree Nova Prime is what I always use. Like it much better than Touchwiz. BUT, if you need the stuff that Touchwiz offers and still want the other things it doesn't, just use the app HOME SWITCHER in the play store. I have that on my phone and Nova as the default Launcher. Only problem is, when I want to change certain wallpapers (ie. Just the lock Screen, just the Home Screens, or Both at the same time), I just go to Touchwiz and change them. It converts over to Nova with the Wallpapers I set up.

So if you just want Touchwiz when you need those certain options, switch back to it with HOME SWITCHER, and when done switch back to NOVA. That's a little more work, but you get the best of both worlds when you need the options of either. Hope that helps a little.
    08-30-2015 06:20 PM
45 12