Music Player questions

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I an coming from a Note 2, with a short time with a G3. I also have the Note 10.1. My question or questions have to deal with the stock music player or actually all music players I have tried on my Note 4. All my music is stored on my SD card. In the "my music" file. On this phone not all my music shows up in the music player. Such as I will pull up an Artist and only one or maybe two albums will be there. I can go into my SD card and open the file, and all the albums will be there. I can place my SD card back into my G3 or my 10.1 and all shows and works fine. Also it splits songs when I look them up under artist.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My music is on my SD card as well and it all shows . I haven't had any problems. Stock music player

Posted via Android Central App

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
To figure out if it's an issue with the SD card or the music player, I'd try another app like PowerAmp (you can use the free trial). It has its own media scanner built in separate from the system media scanner, so it might find those files.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have tried several ones. Tried PowerAmp, I also use MixZing. It works fine on my other phones, just not this one. And I am not a newbe either. When I get home I will try and reformat my card and see what happens. I just do not see how it could be the card when I do not have the same issue with my G3, my old Note 2 or my Note 10.1.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
What kind of SD card is it, and how old is it? If you've transferred it from multiple devices, there is always a chance that the newest device just doesn't like older file structure for some reason.

And there have been ongoing issues with SanDisk cards not always playing nice in the sandbox with Samsung phones for whatever reason.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It is a PNY. I am not a ScanDisk fan. It is a few years old. I will find out week when I get a few 64 or 128 gig cards for Black Friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835