This is ridiculous this is my 3rd note 4 in 2 days when will it be right :(

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
This is my 3rd note 4 in 2 days that i exchanged and this is why=
1st time= White note 4 and when i got home i was looking at the phone under a light and i noticed a spec of dust underneath the glass for the camera
2nd time Another white note 4 I noticed it had a slight chip at the edge with a spec of dust underneath the front facing camera when i inspected it with my s4 flashlight
3rd time i got a black one instead and it was it looked perfect then i looked at the rear camera with my flashlight of my s4 and noticed a spec of dust again uggghhhh i give up :( and i looked at 4 other note 4s and they all had at least one piece of dust on the camera lens so i suggest you guys take your flashlight out and look over your cameras cause this is bs but then again it doesnt effect the camera and i wished i never looked at mine with a flashlight it ruined my experience!!!!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the spec is small enough, the only effect is to stop the lens down by about 0.001 F-stops. IOW, the equivalent of about Bill Gates losing a dime.

About the only perfect things human beings ever make are mistakes.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dust is all around us. I'd love a dust free house but it'll never happen. A tiny spec shouldn't bother you if it takes you that much to spot it... I'd just use some canned air and call it a day.

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Lol funny thread. Maybe next time u buy a note 4 u put it in a case right away instead of examining it like it's a crime scene.

Posted via the Android Central App

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Seriously?! The store you bought it at must not like you. If it didn't affect the camera, why does it matter???

No product will come perfect without any flaws. If it is a flaw large enough that it affects the performance of the device, then sure, exchange it. But if it doesn't affect anything.... It doesn't matter. A spec of dust..... Wow.

You cost whatever store you are buying these at thousands of dollars for an issue that's not really an issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
This is my 3rd note 4 in 2 days that i exchanged and this is why=
1st time= White note 4 and when i got home i was looking at the phone under a light and i noticed a spec of dust underneath the glass for the camera
2nd time Another white note 4 I noticed it had a slight chip at the edge with a spec of dust underneath the front facing camera when i inspected it with my s4 flashlight
3rd time i got a black one instead and it was it looked perfect then i looked at the rear camera with my flashlight of my s4 and noticed a spec of dust again uggghhhh i give up :( and i looked at 4 other note 4s and they all had at least one piece of dust on the camera lens so i suggest you guys take your flashlight out and look over your cameras cause this is bs but then again it doesnt effect the camera and i wished i never looked at mine with a flashlight it ruined my experience!!!!

How many lums in that flashlight you got dar? I ride bicycles, and in the winter, I get a lot night commuting in on my bicycle. I be pushing BIG LUMS out of my flashlights, no less then 1500 lums each. How many lums you pushing??? That could be the cause of all the problems... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781