High volume warning

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there ANY way to disable the pop up that comes up when you are trying to raise the volume while listening to music/videos? I find it extremely annoying that it shows a pop up and I have to hit OK for it to go away. Is there a 3rd party app that bypasses this?

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jakebasile.android.hearingsaver

Or, if rooted..
//lifehacker.com/disable-androids-high-volume-warning-with-an-xposed-t-1565793577

Posted via the Android Central App

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Its for your safety...Maybe if you root... idk...but thats a whole other conversation.

Posted via the Android Central App

I think everyone gets that it's for our safety, but it would be nice if the warning would have a "do not show again" box we could check. The volume bar is already color coded so we know where the high levels are. When you're at the gym with people stomping on treadmills on either side of you plus the music that the gym is piping in, or if you're on a noisy and crowded bus you kinda have to have your music up high just to be able to hear.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
With me the warning only happens once. (It only comes back if I reboot the phone). I only swap batteries twice a week, as I charge my phone overnight the rest of the time. So I only have to deal with the warning twice a week. If yours keeps showing up even if you don't reboot. Try this:

In the music app setting, select the "smart volume" option. IDK if this affects other apps, but for me it stops the pop up from reappearing between boot ups.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As others have said it should only display once per reboot.

Usually you have to root to get rid of it.