I just purchased my Note 4 and I love it.
    I come from a Nokia 808 Pureview with Nokia PC Suite that syncs everything and is consultable and I can even send sms using it.
    I installed Kies but it seems as though the only thing Kies does is make a package of my contents to store/restore.
    But Kies is not consultable. argh.
    So please, can you suggest a pc app that will let me at least see and edit my contacts on my Note 4 ?
    Thank you very much,
    11-25-2014 08:58 AM
    Mmmm, I thought you could see contents in Kies... I haven't used it in quite a while so I might be wrong.

In any case, what I do (and suggest you do since that doesn't tie you to a phone and/or brand) is sync my contacts to my Google account. That way you can edit, add, delete, and manage your contact list through Google's webpage and they're automatically synced to your phone and any other device that is synced. For instance, I have that synced to my phone, my tablet, and my work iPhone... now, whenever I change something in any of them, the change reflects in all devices, and if I want to make bigger changes, I just log into Google Contacts on a web browser and type away.
    Connert likes this.
    11-25-2014 09:07 AM
    AirDroid may be helpful.
    11-25-2014 09:18 AM
    If you have a gmail account and have imported contacts you can see and edit them all there. Just go to gmail account on pc and click on the drop down arrow next to the heading Gmail on the left and choose contacts. They should all be there if they are not you can import them. There are instructions on the web. Good luck. Hope it helps.
    11-25-2014 09:31 AM
    If you want to keep your contacts locally on your phone, AirDroid is your best option.

If you are okay with syncing them all, sync them with Google and edit them from there.
    11-25-2014 09:33 AM
    One advantage of syncing to Google is that if you switch phones, you just sync and that's it. No lost contacts, no fuss.
    ehstaley and gregg6942 like this.
    11-25-2014 11:18 AM
    Go to gmail (on a PC), edit contacts there , thank me later!

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...
    11-25-2014 11:46 AM
    As others have said I sync mine to Google --- I then go online to https://www.google.com/contacts where I can edit, add, remove, etc. and it will auto sync them to my phone.
    11-25-2014 12:17 PM
    One advantage of syncing to Google is that if you switch phones, you just sync and that's it. No lost contacts, no fuss.
    This!!! I would hate having to use ANY other method when I switch phones.
    11-25-2014 12:25 PM
    Yeah google contacts would be the best way to go, another option would be airdroid, or pocket informant (used to use the latter with BlackBerry phones)... but google contacts is one of the main reasons when you first turn your phone on and go through the setup it asks you to sign in, primarily to sync everything (of your choosing) for ease of use and transferability.

Hope this helps
    11-25-2014 11:43 PM
    If you want to do it the raw data way, try Excel <>Contacts. Exports your contacts in several formats. Excel, outlook, csv, outlook.com, gmail format, vcf. In Excel, you can do it as mixed (multiple values within single cell, such as all of the address), or seperated (each cell with own value). This is what I use except I use OpenOffice instead of Excel.

SuperBackup Pro exports contacts as a vcf file.
    11-26-2014 01:02 AM
    Try MightyText. Lets you see your contacts as well as receive and send texts from your PC or any other devices. I dont know that you can edit. Combined with Google Contacts you should be good.
    11-26-2014 02:15 AM
    I think myphoneexplorer does it

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-26-2014 05:50 AM
    I've been syncing with Google since my first Galaxy device. I honestly don't know why anyone would do it another way with an Android phone. It is about as seamless and simple as it can be. Storing contacts locally really doesn't do anything except make your life more complicated if you ever have to replace your phone for any reason.

If you're coming over to a Galaxy device for the first time, you can use the Samsung App "Smart Switch" to help you with the process. It works flawlessly with an android or iOS phone. Not sure how well it will work with Symbian, but I would be willing to bet it will work well enough.
    11-26-2014 09:02 AM
    +1 . Didn't bother reading everyone's response but I imagine everyone said to sync to Google. I switch phones every 4-6months and whether I go back to iPhone, BlackBerry, or a different Android the switch is always flawless since the two most important things to me are (1) my contacts and (2) photos.

It mind boggles me that anyone would refuse using some sort of cloud based service.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-26-2014 09:18 AM
    When I switched from the S3 to the N4, I exported my contacts via the Excel Contacts from the S3 then imported them to the N4. Done. The only things it doesn't do are the images. And the day my memory is that bad, I'll improvise.
    11-26-2014 08:32 PM