Why isn't my Note 4 QI charging working?

teshcnote

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 QI Charging does not work, help!

Note 4 SM-N910A with charging back EP-CN910IBU and charging pad EP-PG900IBUSTA does not work.

Charging back is PMA Certified and the charging pad is QI and WPC certified. All products are Samsung and not working so I'm thinking that the PMA and QI/WPC is not compatible despite the web saying they are all interchangeable and working.

Any body have any thoughts or ideas as to why this is failing?

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 QI Charging does not work, help!

Yeah you've bought two different standards. You either need to buy the Qi compatible back or buy a PMA charging pad. Sorry.

teshcnote

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

wow! why would samsung even make 2 different standard items? so frustrating! ok I'm going to buy a QI back to my note 4, thanks! I will report if it works.

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

There's a pretty good big article about it here.

https://www.andrewmunsell.com/blog/fight-for-wireless-power

Basically most of android has settled on Qi (meaning Google Nexus devices, LG, Motorola, and Sammy), but Samsung said it would support both standards beginning with the S4.

To make things even more confusing AT&T has officially announced it would support PMA so if you buy a wireless charging back directly from AT&T it will be PMA but look EXACTLY the same as the Qi. So shop carefully.

I didn't realize it but AT&T had announced the PMA back earlier this month.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Note 4 SM-N910A with charging back EP-CN910IBU and charging pad EP-PG900IBUSTA does not work.

Charging back is PMA Certified and the charging pad is QI and WPC certified. All products are Samsung and not working so I'm thinking that the PMA and QI/WPC is not compatible despite the web saying they are all interchangeable and working.

Any body have any thoughts or ideas as to why this is failing?

Samsung doesn't sell the other standard ...at least from what I can tell on their website

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teshcnote

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

thanks all! got my QI case for my QI pad! cant believe there's another standard PMA though...SMH

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

So can someone confirm if AT&T disabled Qi in favor of PMA like they did on the G3?? I was going to order a Qi receiver to go between the battery and the battery cover for my Note 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

So can someone confirm if AT&T disabled Qi in favor of PMA like they did on the G3?? I was going to order a Qi receiver to go between the battery and the battery cover for my Note 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I don't think so... Samsung controls their phones almost to the point where apple does unlike the other Android makers. The only thing they took out is the box and used their orange and white box and took out headphones if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

AT&T did not disable wireless charging. You can use either Qi OR PMA charging back on the Note 4.

AT&T only sells the PMA back, so if you want Qi don't try and buy it from AT&T.

teshcnote

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

why did they remove the headphones? i feel so jipped! any one ever try to call att or samsung? i did and they pretty much said too bad lol... anyone else with luck?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

why did they remove the headphones? i feel so jipped! any one ever try to call att or samsung? i did and they pretty much said too bad lol... anyone else with luck?

Samsung has nothing to do with it other then following orders . Verizon and AT&T are ordering these phones and basically telling them to not add headphones and in AT&T case in one of their boxes and not one of samsungs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol