Got this direct from Samsung today just released white back cover Qi charger for the 4. Got it half price for registering my phone with Samsung. $17. Warning for those thinking about getting this and using the thin cases to cover the back and sides it won't fit. Its about 1/8 inch thicker than the original back cover. My thin clear case I ordered from Amazon no longer fits it because of this. Just giving those of you interested a heads up if you have a existing thin case and want to keep your case over it...

W U N F and tsells like this.
    11-26-2014 09:51 PM
    DO you find it makes your phone pretty warm? I'm actually a little nervous about using it because of the heat.

I had one on my note 3 and it didn't get nearly as hot.
    11-26-2014 10:53 PM
    My S view cover with QI wireless charging doesn't heat up to bad

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2014 11:00 PM
    DO you find it makes your phone pretty warm? I'm actually a little nervous about using it because of the heat.

Not so far will see in a few days, only costs me $17 so a not big deal. May end up going with a S View Qi charging case anyway.
    11-27-2014 12:37 AM
    Not so far will see in a few days, only costs me $17 so a not big deal. May end up going with a S View Qi charging case anyway.
    How much thicker does it male the phone? Does it look thicker?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2014 12:39 AM
    About 1/8 inch thicker give or take, yes feels and looks thicker.
    11-27-2014 12:46 AM
    Hey AT&T folks, just to make you aware, AT&T is selling PMA wireless charging backs (not Qi). They look EXACTLY the same so make sure you know what you're buying. If you want Qi, do not buy from AT&T (as they only sell PMA).

Samsung announced that it would support both wireless charging standards beginning with the S4, so there are actually two different charging backs that look EXACTLY the same.

So for those of you that were curious, the note 4 will work with either standard BUT you have to have the right back for the right charger (Qi back and Qi Charger OR PMA back and PMA charger). They are NOT cross compatible.
    soldier45 and teshcnote like this.
    11-27-2014 09:21 AM

I have been using the black wireless charging cover for about 3 weeks and have not had any heating issues at all.
    11-27-2014 11:23 AM
    Why in the world would they make an oem case be thicker? I just ordered one a few days ago for my dad as a present, but he uses an otterbox case. Now I may need to also order one of the stickers on ebay that can convert the current back to support charging.
    Has anyone used the Samsung charging back with any type of protective case successfully?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    11-30-2014 08:57 PM
    I got a QI charging peel and stick receiver card for the battery and a matching charging base setup for my Note 4 from eBay for $19.99 shipped and it works perfectly. It uses the stock battery cover, closes completely, and works with whatever case you have... including the OtterBox...which is rather thick, and it charges through it no problem.

I can't post a link, but if you search for Galaxy Note 4 QI wireless charging and find the setup from apexmartinc, that's it.

05GT likes this.
    12-01-2014 01:50 AM
    I got a QI charging peel and stick receiver card for the battery and a matching charging base setup for my Note 4 from eBay for $19.99 shipped and it works perfectly. It uses the stock battery cover, closes completely, and works with whatever case you have... including the OtterBox...which is rather thick, and it charges through it no problem.

I can't post a link, but if you search for Galaxy Note 4 QI wireless charging and find the setup from apexmartinc, that's it.

How long is it taking you for a full charge?
    12-01-2014 04:25 AM
    I have been using the black wireless charging cover for about 3 weeks and have not had any heating issues at all.
    Where did you get a black wireless charging back?
    12-01-2014 08:07 AM
    Where did you get a black wireless charging back?
    Directly from Samsung via their website store.
    12-01-2014 02:17 PM
    How long is it taking you for a full charge?
    I haven't timed it, but it is a little slower than the rapid charge, of course. But I would say that it charges about as fast as my S3 used to when plugged into the stock charger. It's just very convenient as compared to plugging and unplugging the charger. I have a couple of charge bases in the house. My wife, daughter, and son in law all have S5's (I got cards for those too) and it's nice to be able to plop our phones down when we want a quick charge, even if not a full one. When time is a factor, you would want to use the rapid charger.

12-01-2014 06:05 PM
    The answer is that it charges at about 1% per minute, or at roughly the normal charging rare for being plugged in on a non-fast charger.

12-03-2014 04:46 PM
    Install Galaxy Charging Current Lite, As long as it doesn't charge faster than 1C (3200mA for the Note 4), it's safe for the battery. Most Qi chargers charge at about 600mA, so to charge a fully discharged battery (which you should never do - fully discharge it, except when reconditioning it) would take about 5-1/2 hours.
    12-03-2014 05:02 PM