Ringtones

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I downloaded some ringtones from zedge and some are assigned to contacts and when my phone rings, it'll play sound for about 4 seconds and stop. In the past I've had problems with zedge ringtones and notifications just dissapearing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of a better application for ringtones and notifications i would appreciate it.

USMC97

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I downloaded some ringtones from zedge and some are assigned to contacts and when my phone rings, it'll play sound for about 4 seconds and stop. In the past I've had problems with zedge ringtones and notifications just dissapearing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of a better application for ringtones and notifications i would appreciate it.

USMC97

Nevermind. Thought you were asking something else.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Last edited:

vitoa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I use my music as ring tones and assign different songs to different people. The built in app gives you the choice to choose the entire song or an automatic selection of what it thinks is the best portion. On most, I use the entire song. After the first three notes I know who's calling without looking.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just set a ringtone for when my husband calls me and then changed it to another.
Strange thing is when I call him the original ringtone from which I had changed to a new one plays on his phone!
Really weird.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i create my own with the ringdroid app.....use your own music, cut sections, then save as ringtones/alarm/notifications.....i like to have long pieces for alarms, super short for notifications, and about 20 sec. for ringtones. you might try opening your zedge tones in ringdroid and saving them as ringdroid and see if they work better. i've never had a problem with the ones i've made.

furfmonkey

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
zedge and ringdroid work great.. i used to use phonezoo but they took the site down.. you can use the site mytinyphone.com to create save and download wallpapers and ringtones etc.. i use it all the time

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I will have to check out Ringdroid. I bring music I want to make into a ringtone with the free app audacity. Will ahve to check out zedge and ringdroid. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda Smeby

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to do this..set different ringtones for various contacts. I've tried from my song list, and from Zedge. With both, I am able to set a ringtone, but when that contact calls it only plays my default ringtone. How do I get it to actually play what I've set in the contact info?

Wanderist

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Trying to bump this up for a response. Has anyone else had problems with the phone not playing individual ringtones set for contacts? Mine will only play whatever I have set as my default ringtone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18