Ive had my Note 4 for roughly 10 days. I have noticed that the battery life is somewhat no great. Now im not sure if it is good or bad because I only have a iPhone 5 to compare it to. I know this Note 4 has a higher end processor, better display etc.. Im getting about 5 hours-5 hours 15 minutes on screen time. 42% of that is screen time. I always close apps running after Im done with them.

I noticed this morning that I after charging with my fast charger plugged into the wall, that I got 100%. After restarting the phone it went straight to 96% upon restart. I then turned the phone off and charged it from the 96% it was displaying to 100%. I turned the phone back on and it was displaying 96% again. Not sure if this is a software or hardware related problem. If I charge the battery it will go to 100%. unless I restart the phone, it will drain down from the 100% like normal.

any advice? calling Samsung and Amazon this morning.

Update: Talked with Samsung this morning. The Note 4 specialized support stated that the 4% drop from turning the phone off and back on could be "normal". Being as that the device "spikes" its voltage during startup. He explained similar to a overclock if you will.
    11-28-2014 01:15 PM
    Hi, I'd like to reference your prior post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4088685. It's preferable for you to continue your previous thread, since your questions are along the same lines. Starting a new thread can be confusing, because then you may have different people responding to different posts, as opposed to consolidating all of the responses in one thread.
    11-29-2014 01:36 AM
    Im getting about 5 hours-5 hours 15 minutes on screen time. 42% of that is screen time.
    That's impressive.

I always close apps running after Im done with them.
    If you mean by using the back button, that's fine. If you mean by forcing them to stop, or using a "cleaning" app, that's terrible. Android isn't iOS.

I noticed this morning that I after charging with my fast charger plugged into the wall
    If it takes less than about 75 minutes to charge from 0, you're killing the battery. Any lithium battery. (So is regularly discharging past about 40%.)

Update: Talked with Samsung this morning. The Note 4 specialized support stated that the 4% drop from turning the phone off and back on could be "normal".
    Limping also "could be" normal. It usually isn't, though. Neither is a 4% drop in a phone that you charged to 100%, let sit for 15 minutes or so, then charged again for about 1/2 hour. It should show 100% for at least a few minutes before it drops to 99%. Since the charging circuit stops charging once the battery is charged, just leave the charger plugged in all night. That will give you "real" 100% charge. Then it couldn't be normal for the battery to drop to 95% almost immediately.

(And if anyone is thinking of mentioning "calibrating" the battery, please learn what the file is for and how it has nothing to do with the state of charge that the phone indicates. SoC is indicated by measuring the voltage on the battery terminals - which isn't completely accurate, but it's the best solution unless you want to pay for your phone with a large carton of large bills. And probably go back to the days when the Motorola phone was called "the brick" because it was about the size of one.)
    11-29-2014 01:44 AM
    My Note 4 battery go long time, and I carry two spares .. No battery worries whatsoever here!
    11-29-2014 03:01 AM