PIctures Not Being Saved - Broken Thumbnails

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-11-28-17-20-18.jpg

Any idea why my pictures aren't being saved after I take a picture? I'm using the stock camera app and all pictures are being saved to my sd card. If I take a picture and send it to someone via whatsapp or upload it to facebook or instagram, the picture is saved, but if not, then it looks like a broken thumbnail and I'm unable to access the picture.

Again, so sorry for these stupid questions.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I think is a combination of a bug and possibly loose card. I had the same issues where randomly it will say my sd card was removed unexpectedly and the thumbnail looked like yours. The pic was corrupted. I pulled the sd card and cleaned the contacts with an eraser, then i reinserted the card making sure that I had it seated properly and it doesn't happen as often as it did before. That is why I think it is a combination of problems. Obviously do this with the phone off (i don't think that it can be pulled with the battery in place anyways).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My sd card went south and I had to get a new one . This happened with my galaxy s4 or note 3 perhaps ? Or maybe the s3? I've changed so many phones I don't remember lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think is a combination of a bug and possibly loose card. I had the same issues where randomly it will say my sd card was removed unexpectedly and the thumbnail looked like yours. The pic was corrupted. I pulled the sd card and cleaned the contacts with an eraser, then i reinserted the card making sure that I had it seated properly and it doesn't happen as often as it did before. That is why I think it is a combination of problems. Obviously do this with the phone off (i don't think that it can be pulled with the battery in place anyways).

It can on the note 4 since it's not in a place where battery hinders it like on the note 3

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
When my sd starting going bad I had the same problem I immediately backed up my sd card and purchased another. It took that experience to get me to stop buying cheap sd cards.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
When my sd starting going bad I had the same problem I immediately backed up my sd card and purchased another. It took that experience to get me to stop buying cheap sd cards.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

Yeah I had a sandisk one it broke but had an lifetime warranty so got a new one . I now have a Samsung pro one and it's faster and better . I think the 64gb is around 30 on Amazon now ? I paid around 60 for mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol