SOLVED - Moving app icons from one Apps page to another

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, all.

I know how to move app icons from one TouchWiz page to another, but how does one move app icons from one Apps page to another? Apps pages have a 3-dot menu in the upper right, and the first choice on that menu is Edit. Selecting that puts that page into Edit mode. Long-pressing on one of the app icons brings up 4 choices at the top: Create Page, Create Folder, App Info and Uninstall. I don't want any of those choices. I want to move that app icon to another Apps page. However, you can't drag the app icon off that page to another Apps page like you can when moving app icons from one TouchWiz page to another. So, how does one move app icons from one Apps page to another? Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moving app icons from one Apps page to another

You can. When you go into the app drawer, hit the settings dots and go to sort by, choose custom, then edit, and you should be able to arrange your icons however you like.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

You can. When you go into the app drawer, hit the settings dots and go to sort by, choose custom, then edit, and you should be able to arrange your icons however you like.

Thanks for the reply, Doc, but that still doesn't work for me. I still cannot move an app icon from, say, the last Apps page to the first Apps page. Have you actually done this?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

When I saw your post, I tried it and it worked. When you are dragging it make sure you position it at the far edge of the screen going to the next app page for about a second and it will switch over to the next page.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

When I saw your post, I tried it and it worked. When you are dragging it make sure you position it at the far edge of the screen going to the next app page for about a second and it will switch over to the next page.

Hrrrrmmm. I held the icon on the left edge of the screen as far as I could go and still keep my finger on the screen for about 10 seconds and the page still didn't switch. I'm baffled, because the way you describe is exactly the way I expected it to work. I'll look at this more tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Hrrrrmmm. I held the icon on the left edge of the screen as far as I could go and still keep my finger on the screen for about 10 seconds and the page still didn't switch. I'm baffled, because the way you describe is exactly the way I expected it to work. I'll look at this more tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions.
Hope you can figure it out.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

tap the three dot menu then select "sort by ". Then select "custom" then you can move the apps to other pages.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

tap the three dot menu then select "sort by ". Then select "custom" then you can move the apps to other pages.

That's almost what I'm wanting to do, but just selecting "custom" sort only allows you to copy app icons to TouchWiz pages, not move them to other Apps pages. I want to rearrange app icons between Apps pages, not TouchWiz pages. Thanks anyway.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Solved. I can move app icons between Apps pages in Edit mode using the S-Pen, but I cannot do it with my finger. No way, no how.

R F1

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I just bought a used Note 3 & am having the same problem. It worked fine on my Note 2, but not on the 3. I'm not sure if it's a bad phone or if Samsung messed it up.

Also, I can't put the widgets into folders I make I need each page.

Matt VD

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Moving apps to the left --- Finally figured it out!
For some reason moving apps from screen to screen to the RIGHT works as expected. BUT, you cannot move apps to the left. The secret is to simply delete the app from the present screen, swipe left to the desired screen, and only THEN tap the Apps icon at the bottom right to find the app you want to add, tap and hold the app to slide it straight up onto the desired page.

:cool:

Jamie Farrant

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site

I was having the same problem as some of you guys couldn't for the life of me work out how to just move a app from one screen to the next could only remove or add them it was this simple when setting it up for the first time i chose easy display go into the settings and change it to adaptive display mode it works like any other phone now hope this helps someone

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site

[Whats an app drawer? All I know is the icon I am trying to move wont go over to the other screen. Can anyone help in words I understand?

pratherat

Apr 20, 2019
Visit site

[Whats an app drawer? All I know is the icon I am trying to move wont go over to the other screen. Can anyone help in words I understand?

I've been half-heartedly wanting to do this for a few years. I had the same problem until I TOOK OFF MY CASE! You have to get to the very edge of the screen and some cases obstruct that. Give that a try.