12-31-2014 12:02 PM
43 12
tools
    Wondering HDHUNTR if you are still using Touchwiz.
    11-29-2014 11:55 AM
    Lol? So you have my phone in your hands? I love the note 4 I had on t-mobile and wasn't laggy but the Verizon one I have atm is very laggy to the point where I don't want to use it and use my iPad for anything when I have that near me. Seriously it's my experience and in my experience the Verizon note 4 is sluggish and very laggy at times... This isn't the touchwiz quirks but I think either an os issue with Verizon's or just a lemon

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Look that is something when a response is not needed, You know its real. I have had mine checked out and confirmed it was real.
    Tons of others too.

John 3:16
    11-29-2014 10:56 PM
    I have no lag and I am on Verizon. I am using Nova Launcher because I do not like Touchwiz..
    11-29-2014 11:05 PM
    Verizon, Google now launcher and no lag. Runs the same as my buddies AT&T note 4 side by side on WiFi only. (Carrier speeds differ )
    11-29-2014 11:19 PM
    Crazy. Mine is a Sprint variant, but I doubt that makes a difference. I can't slow this thing down.
    11-30-2014 01:12 AM
    Verizon, Nova launcher, animations off. No noticeable lag anymore. It did seem laggy to me with touchwiz
    11-30-2014 02:20 AM
    Verizon, Nova launcher, animations off. No noticeable lag anymore. It did seem laggy to me with touchwiz
    Touch wiz isn't laggy ...this is non typical stuff happening

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-30-2014 08:39 AM
    Sry...Obviously you have issues with that unit. I don't know what they are. I intended to address the people who are saying 'The Note 4 is a laggy phone" as a class. Your problems can be fixed somehow. Not sure how...but nothing can be fixed if someone starts from the premise that all Notes are laggy.

I know you are with me on this since you had a good one. Good luck with your solution whatever it is.
    I use Nova Prime and some other tweaks for the record. I like Flipboard as a standalone app but I have seen some things that make me think the dedicated page thing isn't good. I'd love to see all the differences between your two phones.

Lol? So you have my phone in your hands? I love the note 4 I had on t-mobile and wasn't laggy but the Verizon one I have atm is very laggy to the point where I don't want to use it and use my iPad for anything when I have that near me. Seriously it's my experience and in my experience the Verizon note 4 is sluggish and very laggy at times... This isn't the touchwiz quirks but I think either an os issue with Verizon's or just a lemon

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-30-2014 08:56 AM
    Is it laggy even after a restart? Have you tried a fdr?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-30-2014 09:30 AM
    Is it laggy even after a restart? Have you tried a fdr?

Na not yet and what is a fdr?

11-30-2014 10:43 AM
    I cleared up my lag part for the most part by breaking the 5k pic folders into 1k pic folders.... shouldn't have to do that with a phone this expensive but it is what it is and works better now....

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2014 12:20 PM
    Na not yet and what is a fdr?

Factory data reset

11-30-2014 02:57 PM
    I didn't realize my Verizon N4 was laggy until I replaced the Sandisk 64gb card that was put in it right from the N2. I was having some problems with the card unmounting and mounting itself. After replacing with a different card and transferring all of the folders and files onto the new card this phone is turbo charged.

It wasn't what I would have called laggy before doing that, it was about the same as my Note 2, but it is so fast now that I realize it was lagging quite a bit. The SD card mounting and unmounting was apparently slowing down the whole system, battery life is quite a bit better too.
    11-30-2014 03:10 PM
    I didn't realize my Verizon N4 was laggy until I replaced the Sandisk 64gb card that was put in it right from the N2. I was having some problems with the card unmounting and mounting itself. After replacing with a different card and transferring all of the folders and files onto the new card this phone is turbo charged.

It wasn't what I would have called laggy before doing that, it was about the same as my Note 2, but it is so fast now that I realize it was lagging quite a bit. The SD card mounting and unmounting was apparently slowing down the whole system, battery life is quite a bit better too.
    Glad you can now enjoy fully the Note 4 experience :-)

ClaudiaP and hdhuntr like this.
    11-30-2014 03:13 PM
    It was perfect on the t-mobile variant but I find the Verizon variant very laggy to the point of unusable. And knowing how slow Verizon updates their phones it will probably be this for a while. Seriously considering selling it for a droid turbo or perhaps a G3 or if I can get my hands on a nexus 6. The phone on t-mobile was perfect and very fluid but this one on Verizon is very laggy

The g3 is worse than the note. Not sure what issues you are having, but haven't experienced any issues with the notes that I used. Plus verizon was the first to update the moto x to lollipop so not sure how they are so awful with updates. But the turbo is a nice phone, if you can handle the size, nexus 6 is a solid choice as well.
    11-30-2014 07:11 PM
    I noticed issues with lag on my Verizon Note 4. I tried changing the animation in the developers options to 0.5x but not sure that helped much. What seemed to resolve the issue for me was going into S Voice settings and turning OFF Voice Wake-Up. Open via the home key was already off. This seemingly made a huge change but it's only been a few days. I also played with "Force GPU rendering" but not sure if that helped much or not yet. Let me know if this helps anyone.
    12-31-2014 11:30 AM
    I turned my animation to off and see no lag at all.Also, I can't even tell that I lost anything by not having animation. This phone flies now, and that's running TouchWiz and I'm on Verizon. Signal is far better on the Note 4 than the Note 3 too. IMHO Samsung nailed it with the Note 4.

12-31-2014 11:41 AM
    Odd, Uses Verizon as my carrier, Nova launched...disabled all of the bloat, cell hustles, did the same for my Gf, who also has a Note, no complaints from her either...and she on her cell WAAAAAAY more than I am.
    12-31-2014 12:02 PM
43 12