Note 4 Verizon model is so laggy .

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It was perfect on the t-mobile variant but I find the Verizon variant very laggy to the point of unusable. And knowing how slow Verizon updates their phones it will probably be this for a while. Seriously considering selling it for a droid turbo or perhaps a G3 or if I can get my hands on a nexus 6. The phone on t-mobile was perfect and very fluid but this one on Verizon is very laggy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that you are having problems. I have had mine since Verizon release date and don't see any lag, other than the recent apps menu

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that you are having problems. I have had mine since Verizon release date and don't see any lag, other than the recent apps menu

Yeah I'm seeing it just between changing apps or flipping home screens on the Google now launcher . Very weird since it was perfect on the t-mobile variant . I think it might be something with the Verizon skin os.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm seeing it just between changing apps or flipping home screens on the Google now launcher . Very weird since it was perfect on the t-mobile variant . I think it might be something with the Verizon skin os.

I would contact Verizon customer support. They should be able to troubleshoot it and or give you a warranty replacement. I am not seeing lag in those areas on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would contact Verizon customer support. They should be able to troubleshoot it and or give you a warranty replacement. I am not seeing lag in those areas on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Curious as to how warranty exchange works ? Did it with t-mobile and still waiting for my plan to cancel because of it and I know AT&T tried to charge me my insurance deductible and said they mailed me a phone in a different part of the city (Queens) but that was probably because of an agent in that one place because I had a different issue with a different phone and went to a different place and this never happened again. The issue I had with the phone was I couldn't charge it and had a faulty micro sub port and got it replaced under warranty since I only had it for a month

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Didn't you have the turbo and didn't like it ? Why would you leave a phone to go back to a phone you didn't like already?

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having problems with the media the s5 would read huge media folders with 5 or 6k pics in them no problem the note 4 stutters on 2k folders also when I take a screen shot of an existing picture in that folder the phone locks up half the time... it's very annoying as that is my main use of the phone....hope verizon updates quickly and fixes.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Curious as to how warranty exchange works ? Did it with t-mobile and still waiting for my plan to cancel because of it and I know AT&T tried to charge me my insurance deductible and said they mailed me a phone in a different part of the city (Queens) but that was probably because of an agent in that one place because I had a different issue with a different phone and went to a different place and this never happened again. The issue I had with the phone was I couldn't charge it and had a faulty micro sub port and got it replaced under warranty since I only had it for a month

They will mail you the replacement phone and once you get it, you return the old phone in the box that they give you with a prepaid label.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
They will mail you the replacement phone and once you get it, you return the old phone in the box that they give you with a prepaid label.

No physical place to go ? I know AT&T had places for stuff like this .

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Didn't you have the turbo and didn't like it ? Why would you leave a phone to go back to a phone you didn't like already?
Closingracer said that he wasn't getting any signal in the street in Brooklyn, which was why he wanted to move to a note 4 in the first place. I can only surmise that he prefers no lag and is now willing deal with no signal in the street in Brooklyn.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Verizon Note 4 since day one and no lag...certain apps cause lag on mine mainly Facebook, but with all the access and permissions that it requires I expect that...I'm careful with the apps I install, if there are too many ads i remove it, if there are unnecessary permissions i remove it...apps that you used 2 or 3 phones ago may not play nice on the note 4 just yet...just some things to consider

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had the Verizon Note 4 since day one and no lag...certain apps cause lag on mine mainly Facebook, but with all the access and permissions that it requires I expect that...I'm careful with the apps I install, if there are too many ads i remove it, if there are unnecessary permissions i remove it...apps that you used 2 or 3 phones ago may not play nice on the note 4 just yet...just some things to consider
I had a note 4 on t-mobile.... It ran fine

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 4 on t-mobile.... It ran fine

And I'm on Verizon it runs fine...I'm no expert but no device is perfect, no mobile carrier is without its flaws, some people say their note 4 lags others say their's doesn't, everyone had their phone setup differently so results and user experience will be different I doubt it's the phone, like I'm sure my fb issue is due to some setting I have different from others...not a deal breaker...not even close, I've disabled apps that could be the culprit, i don't allow gps location on most apps, i dont sync my pics to fb...could be any number of things that i changed that cause it...anyway seems like your experience was better at Tmo i would go back...ijs

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The Note 4 does have quite a bit of lag for a phone with the type of processor, and the amount of RAM. I find that TouchWiz takes up quite a bit of RAM. I find myself using 2 GB+ easy, without having a lot of apps open. When I experience severe lag, I notice that my RAM is almost used up. Closing apps within the task manager, as well as Google's multi app manager, bring it down to around 1.9 GB free.
I installed an app called Fast Reboot, which will bring the RAM back down to around 1.5 GB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
And I'm on Verizon it runs fine...I'm no expert but no device is perfect, no mobile carrier is without its flaws, some people say their note 4 lags others say their's doesn't, everyone had their phone setup differently so results and user experience will be different I doubt it's the phone, like I'm sure my fb issue is due to some setting I have different from others...not a deal breaker...not even close, I've disabled apps that could be the culprit, i don't allow gps location on most apps, i dont sync my pics to fb...could be any number of things that i changed that cause it...anyway seems like your experience was better at Tmo i would go back...ijs
Lol? I hate t-mobile lol. I am just saying the t-mobile variant of the note 4 was fine with no lag. I now have the Verizon variant and find it very laggy

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Lol? I hate t-mobile lol. I am just saying the t-mobile variant of the note 4 was fine with no lag. I now have the Verizon variant and find it very laggy

Oh! Hate! Lol there's always AT&T, sprint...or the Nexus 6, heard that's a beast of a phone...no touch wiz...could be the answer...good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34