ok, don't know if this should be a question or more of a rant, how is the WIFI doing for you guys?...I use Optimum WIFI, it is a nightmare to download anything from this phone to a computer using my WIFI with Optimun, AIRDROID which is the APP I use for this is either the worst crap in the world or there are setting I'm missing....I turn on WIFI in both my phone and my Mac....ok.....I sign in to Optimum on both the MAC and the phone... it shows I'm connected....but nothing happens....not able t download a video from the phone to the MAc using the Airdroid APP... my question is is there another APP similar to Airdroid that I can use to exchange files between my phone and my MAC through WIFI??? I know I know I can just connect both with a USB cable connection but humor me for a sec...lol....
    11-29-2014 12:50 PM
    ok, don't know if this should be a question or more of a rant, how is the WIFI doing for you guys?...I use Optimum WIFI, it is a nightmare to download anything from this phone to a computer using my WIFI with Optimun, AIRDROID which is the APP I use for this is either the worst crap in the world or there are setting I'm missing....I turn on WIFI in both my phone and my Mac....ok.....I sign in to Optimum on both the MAC and the phone... it shows I'm connected....but nothing happens....not able t download a video from the phone to the MAc using the Airdroid APP... my question is is there another APP similar to Airdroid that I can use to exchange files between my phone and my MAC through WIFI??? I know I know I can just connect both with a USB cable connection but humor me for a sec...lol....
    You could load an FTP server (I downloaded FTP Server by The Olive Tree) app on your Note 4, then install an FTP client like FileZilla on the Mac. That will allow you to freely copy files back and forth between them.
    Jose Bonet likes this.
    11-29-2014 01:42 PM
    Another option is to use a cloud based file sharing like Dropbox.
    Jose Bonet likes this.
    11-29-2014 02:18 PM
    wifi explorer pro FTW..
    Jose Bonet likes this.
    11-29-2014 02:33 PM
    Along with the other options mentioned in this thread, ES File Explorer (excellent for all file handling, btw) can also access computers on your local network. You may have to set permissions on your Mac to allow being connected to, however. I can't help you there, though. I don't do Macs.
    11-29-2014 05:31 PM