12-20-2015 02:33 PM
139 1234 ...
tools
    Hi FBA,
    I searched for your links, can you repost please...or...what products did you use, being a Porsche 911 owner I'm very adept at caring for nice things properly and probably already own the polishing creams or pastes. But again, let me know what you found to work.
    Thanks a ton
    Oddly enough, I'm in the market for a 2014/ 2015 911 Turbo myself, so you'll appreciate this with the aluminum on those cars...

I have several supercars...and this is what I use for exhaust tips/ polished superchargers etc...this is the best you can buy for what you want...and you'll love it on your 911!

Here ya go!

#1920 - Autosol Anodized Aluminum Polish - 75ml Tube

This also works perfectly as well...

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05100-05101.html
    11-30-2014 05:15 PM
    Oddly enough, I'm in the market for a 2014/ 2015 911 Turbo myself, so you'll appreciate this with the aluminum on those cars...

I have several supercars...and this is what I use for exhaust tips/ polished superchargers etc...this is the best you can buy for what you want...and you'll love it on your 911!

Here ya go!

#1920 - Autosol Anodized Aluminum Polish - 75ml Tube

This also works perfectly as well...

Mothers® Mag & Aluminum Polish
    Thank you FBA,

Contact Larry Reynolds at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach FL, great guy, one of the most knowledgeable and connected in the industry. Bought 3 Carrera's from Larry
    11-30-2014 06:39 PM
    Hi Plum Crazy,

The reason I care is certainly OCD to a large extent. I buy high end nice looking things and like to keep them that way. One thing that drives me crazy are once nice items that have been neglected, abused, trashed or otherwise. It just looks bad and clearly demonstrates to others that the person is irresponsible.
    I would not say a well used device is a sign of an irresponsible person. People buy certain things for various reasons and put a level of care into a device based on its value. Cell phones and laptops are disposable devices with a 1-2 year life. Most see it that way and really don't care about cosmetic damage, and use the devices instead of admire them. I wish they would have made a Note 4 Active so I could have the phone without adding a bulky case to protect the internals and screen from the occasional drop.
    11-30-2014 07:19 PM
    I have several supercars...
    Cool! Which ones do you have?
    11-30-2014 07:53 PM
    OH wow, can you show pics if possible? I wanna see how much damage was done
    11-30-2014 09:00 PM
    As OP stated ... DO NOT GET A SPIGEN CASE FOR YOUR NOTE 4.

I bought one as well before my phone arrived and thought nothing of it after putting on the case on my phone. Then a few days later, on Amazon and other forums, I read about the Spigen scratches and removed my case only to see the top and bottom scratched. I wasn't too thrilled about it but not much I can do about it now. I always keep my phones in a case so it's only visible when it's removed. Make no mistake it's clearly visible. My co-worker thought I did something to my phone when I held it without a case and didn't even mention to him about the scratch. It's just clearly visible naked. I keep my phones for about 2 years so it can be attributed to normal wear and tear when I sell the phone.

I did return the Spigen case to Amazon and got a Incipio case instead. Below is a photo of the top and bottom of my phone currently so you can see some of the scratches.

THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4-g-note-4-scratch-1.jpgTHANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4-g-note-4-scratch-2.jpg
    11-30-2014 09:58 PM
    As OP stated ... DO NOT GET A SPIGEN CASE FOR YOUR NOTE 4.

I bought one as well before my phone arrived and thought nothing of it after putting on the case on my phone. Then a few days later, on Amazon and other forums, I read about the Spigen scratches and removed my case only to see the top and bottom scratched. I wasn't too thrilled about it but not much I can do about it now. I always keep my phones in a case so it's only visible when it's removed. Make no mistake it's clearly visible. My co-worker thought I did something to my phone when I held it without a case and didn't even mention to him about the scratch. It's just clearly visible naked. I keep my phones for about 2 years so it can be attributed to normal wear and tear when I sell the phone.

I did return the Spigen case to Amazon and got a Incipio case instead. Below is a photo of the top and bottom of my phone currently so you can see some of the scratches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G Note 4 scratch 1.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	401.4 KB 
ID:	151603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G Note 4 scratch 2.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	430.0 KB 
ID:	151604
    Whoa! The case alone did that? Thats why I don't get the plastic/aluminum cases...always get Silicone/Rubber
    bigmo555 likes this.
    11-30-2014 10:18 PM
    I also bought the Spigen neo hybrid case and was lucky enough to remove it after 24 hours of use. I saw tiny scratches. So now am going for the s cover case.
    I don't get those that says the scratches doesn't matter bcos the phone is going into a case anyway.. Is the case not suppose to protect the phone? What use is a case if it can't do the basic thing it was bought for instead it does the opposite? And I think we can rule out dirts or debris causing the scratches. It's definitely the case.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    11-30-2014 10:40 PM
    this is why i only buy Diztronic cases!

Diztronic.com: Protective Cases for Mobile Phones

THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4-note4_fm_blk.jpg
    11-30-2014 11:04 PM
    This is the reason why I'm not a fan of Chamfered Edges and why I went with a Sleeve.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    Which sleeve did you go with?
    11-30-2014 11:43 PM
    holy cow! Those are some SERIOUS scratches...

Mine is arriving in a day or two...sighhh was so excited too...
    12-01-2014 03:57 AM
    Cool! Which ones do you have?
    Ford GT
    Corvette Z06
    Dodge Viper
    12-01-2014 06:48 AM
    Thank you FBA,

Contact Larry Reynolds at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach FL, great guy, one of the most knowledgeable and connected in the industry. Bought 3 Carrera's from Larry
    Thanks!!
    12-01-2014 06:49 AM
    Ford GT
    Corvette Z06
    Dodge Viper
    awesome choices on two of them
    12-01-2014 07:08 AM
    Are these issues only with the capsule case? how about the spigen ultra hybrid case? the materials are different no?
    12-01-2014 09:23 AM
    That's a considerable amount of scratches from a case
    12-01-2014 10:07 AM
    Are these issues only with the capsule case? how about the spigen ultra hybrid case? the materials are different no?
    I just bought one of these. Should I not use it? I wanted a clear case, but maybe I should go with something else. Just found a Nillkin clear case....
    12-01-2014 10:08 AM
    The neo hybrid by spigen has not scratched my device while in use, Because the inner is TPU and the outer which is hard plastic does not touch the phone. Found it a little to bulky so now use a rinke fusion which i prefer.
    12-01-2014 10:14 AM
    I have a Spigen slim armor, and no issues at all so far.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2014 10:21 AM
    I also bought the Spigen neo hybrid case and was lucky enough to remove it after 24 hours of use. I saw tiny scratches. So now am going for the s cover case.
    I don't get those that says the scratches doesn't matter bcos the phone is going into a case anyway.. Is the case not suppose to protect the phone? What use is a case if it can't do the basic thing it was bought for instead it does the opposite? And I think we can rule out dirts or debris causing the scratches. It's definitely the case.

I've never owned a case for any smartphone that didn't cause wear marks/slight scratches on a few places on the phone. Did it destroy the phone? No. Did it give it a "normal wear and tear" look? Yes.

It is impossible to prevent dust, dirt, skin, oils, and other debris from working its way down into the case over time. The debris will get between the phone and the case and "polish" small scratches into the case and sides over time. Take reasonable care of your devices, and when you resell it in 2 years, your buyer will not really care if there are reasonable wear marks on it from a case. If they do, their expectations are extremely unrealistic. Fortunately, I've never had that issue. Every person that has bought my old phones was replacing one they had dropped, and didn't want to have to renew a contract. They just wanted to know the phone was in good working order and that was it.
    bdgriff likes this.
    12-01-2014 11:00 AM
    I've never owned a case for any smartphone that didn't cause wear marks/slight scratches on a few places on the phone. Did it destroy the phone? No. Did it give it a "normal wear and tear" look? Yes.

It is impossible to prevent dust, dirt, skin, oils, and other debris from working its way down into the case over time. The debris will get between the phone and the case and "polish" small scratches into the case and sides over time. Take reasonable care of your devices, and when you resell it in 2 years, your buyer will not really care if there are reasonable wear marks on it from a case. If they do, their expectations are extremely unrealistic. Fortunately, I've never had that issue. Every person that has bought my old phones was replacing one they had dropped, and didn't want to have to renew a contract. They just wanted to know the phone was in good working order and that was it.
    That much I understand but I've also not owned a phone were the case causes scratches to the phone. My S4 is a good example of that. I don't live in an environment where I've debris or dirts flying around and if we should talk about normal wear and tear, you can't tell me just 2 weeks of usage will cause such wear. The case was either hurriedly made or the phone is just too sensitive.
    Either way, I've returned the Spigen and have not decided if I should get the S cover or not.

12-01-2014 11:21 AM
    Well, you do live in a dust and dirt environment, unless you're a bubble kid.

But I do hear you about the amount of wear in 2 weeks.
    Dawn B and bdgriff like this.
    12-01-2014 11:37 AM
    Troll here: It's not a problem with the case. It's a problem with the materials used on the phone. This happened with a similar case on my old iPhone 3GS. And this happens to a lot of iPhones. And I imagine the HTC One M7/M8. The 'scratches' could be worse.

Also it's a problem with the user. In this case, it's you. It's a phone. The scratches aren't even that big of a deal, in my opinion. I took my Spigen case off and then totally forgot the marks were there the next day.

Chill. If you baby your phone that much then why not go case-less like me? Sounds like you're extra careful anyways.
    12-01-2014 12:20 PM
    Do you have any pictures you could post ? I am curious to see how bad it is.
    12-01-2014 12:23 PM
    Maybe over the course of two years, the scratches will be distributed in such a way that it just looks like a random texture/pattern. Glass half full?

That said, I just ordered a cheapo genetic TPU case from eBay, and a Verus Thor case as well. I'll soon find out if either of these end up doing the same thing. I do feel that case-less will no doubt cause more casual wear and tear over time than some micro scratches from a case. So pick your poison I guess.
    12-01-2014 12:23 PM
139 1234 ...