THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just took a peak under my dual layer Qmadix case. There are a couple light scratches on the edges, but not anything worse than what I would have if it were without a case. It's just Samsung's design.

I think for me, the protection from the case outweighs risk of minor scratching. I will say, I had a Speck case on my GS3 and that chewed up the phone pretty good, made the volume button sink and eventually fell apart. I'm much happier with the Qmadix case on my Note 4.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
come on! it's a phone - not a pair of glasses or a scientific calculator!!! you want to fight, fumble, and fuss with a sleeve every time you get a phone call or want to use your phone???

Much better than hiding it behind a case 24/7. Besides I only use the sleeve while at work.

Bluetooth earpiece, holster now you're just being cruel. That's where I draw the line. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Much better than hiding it behind a case 24/7. Besides I only use the sleeve while at work.

Bluetooth earpiece, holster now you're just being cruel. That's where I draw the line. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

ha. fair enough. enjoy!

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I know this has been brought up here and on other forums lately and I kinda thought that those effected maybe in some way were careless with their Note 4, now I can officially side with those claiming their Spigen cases scratched the beveled edges of their Note 4.

I just took my Capsule case off to change SD cards and was shocked by the damage to the edge of my VERY pampered Note 4, it is lightly and heavily scratched around the entire phone, both sides and the top and bottom.

Never again will I buy Spigen

OMG, someone please give this guy a cookie before he breakdowns any further

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I wish he would just say which Spigen case can scratch your phone, because all of them will not scratch your phone. Neo-Hybrid is good and some others from Spigen are good also. No scratches at all.

Updated: Okay The Case is Capsule. Aluminum is a soft Metal easy to scratch. My daughters Red Verizon HTC One M-8 got scratched in a Otterbox case.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Last edited:

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Been rocking the Spigen Neo Hybrid since day one. Multiple (2-3) battery swaps per day.. No scratching on my N4. I in fact highly recommend this case. Especially if bought from Amazon. It was $17.99 there and $30.00 on eBay.. Great case.. Looks good and adds little the the devices footprint..

Carved in place by my Note 4.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I wish he would just say which Spigen case can scratch your phone, because all of them will not scratch your phone. Neo-Hybrid is good and some others from Spigen are good also. No scratches at all.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

He does, says so right in the title.

Carved in place by my Note 4.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same case, scratched the frak out of the top edge, rear is totally fine. It's the sharp sharp sharp edge on the innerside/inside of the case, the edge that touches the screen, that is causing the damage. Smooth that out in the manufacturing process, and the case would be fine.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd be upset to... it's an expensive phone and the case you bought to keep it nice and new looking is the thing that is harming it the most. Kinda like buying a Ferrari then getting a car cover for it and every time you take the car cover off it scratches the paint. I don't think to many ferrari owners would be happy with that...

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the same case, scratched the frak out of the top edge, rear is totally fine. It's the sharp sharp sharp edge on the innerside/inside of the case, the edge that touches the screen, that is causing the damage. Smooth that out in the manufacturing process, and the case would be fine.

is it all the same material? is it hard or soft? is it how it's cut? can you post a close up pic?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So many people saying the Neo Hybrid doesn't scratch the phone but that's the one I use and it thoroughly HAS scratched mine (it's just hard to see if you're not in the right lighting). I don't think it's a big deal though. I truly believe every Note 4 will eventually scratch like that because of the design and materials chosen by Samsung. No big deal folks, it's normal wear and tear.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The scratches run up and down or perpendicular to the top line, like a raking mark. To me, in my opinion, this suggests the cases material is scuffing the phone as the case comes off and on. Loose debris would have markings running in all sorts of patterns because the particles would move in a more randomized (obviously this is not a definitive or 100% accurate explanation) pattern. Anyway....

I'm over it and I am back to enjoying the phone. I even like the look of the spigen case, so I still use it at times. Also, because of the scratches, I'm going case-less more often and loving the feel of the phone.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
good to know I was thinking going picking up that brand and i'm glad that i didn't :) i ended up going with UAG that's a really good case not the prettiest looking but good protection :)

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It's a brand new $800 phone. I'd be pissed too. A case is supposed to protect the device - not f it up. This is unacceptable IMO.

the components and manufacturing cost is around $200, if anyone pays $800, the they are a sucker............. or better yet a Lollipop LOL

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the tough armor case and it seems to have done some very minor scratching still sucks but there isn't anything I can do about it.