Hello all. Can anyone tell me why the apps at the bottom of my home screen are doubled up. I have the screenshot attached. I hope y'all can see it.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.
    Attached Thumbnails Doubled up icons on home screen-screenshot_2014-11-29-23-06-47.jpg ย 
    11-30-2014 12:26 AM
    I should say I have done a reboot and a battery pull. Still the same. Also, running stock launcher.

11-30-2014 12:34 AM
    Only thing I can think of is a factory reset. I think another person had the same issue, not sure how they resolved it.
    MightyMike likes this.
    11-30-2014 12:59 AM
    Only thing I can think of is a factory reset. I think another person had the same issue, not sure how they resolved it.
    Oh my. I have too much stuff on here for that....Lol. I'll give it a day or two as that would be last resort. Good idea tho. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

11-30-2014 01:03 AM
    You could try installing a launcher (Nova) and then if you prefer TW switch back and see if that cures.

Posted via the Android Central App
    MightyMike and Sammuel1973 like this.
    11-30-2014 01:07 AM
    The obvious thing to do if you have not done so is to press and drag each of those apps to the trash can (delete them), then go to the App Manager and select the same apps and drag them to the same spot on the home screen. Keep us posted.
    MightyMike likes this.
    11-30-2014 01:08 AM
    You could try installing a launcher (Nova) and then if you prefer TW switch back and see if that cures.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I thought about that...is Nova OK or does it need to be prime? What are the advantages? I actually like TW. I have had GO EX in the past...I will have to do something cause I can't stand that.

11-30-2014 01:13 AM
    The obvious thing to do if you have not done so is to press and drag each of those apps to the trash can (delete them), then go to the App Manager and select the same apps and drag them to the same spot on the home screen. Keep us posted.
    I've done that as well but can't get the apps icon to move. I think that's anchored on TW. How do I remove the apps icon?

11-30-2014 01:15 AM
    I've done that as well but can't get the apps icon to move. I think that's anchored on TW. How do I remove the apps icon?

Just drag additional icons to the icon bar at the bottom. The one you bring in will displace a present one, then repeat and drag your favorites back in. Have you cleared TW cache in applications manager?
    11-30-2014 01:39 AM

I don't know what else to tell you. Normally you can just remove each one of them as how I described it earlier. A factory reset may work. As for Nova Launcher, free, which I have...allows for more customization. You can always revert to TW.
    MightyMike likes this.
    11-30-2014 01:39 AM
    I don't know what else to tell you. Normally you can just remove each one of them as how I described it earlier. A factory reset may work. As for Nova Launcher, free, which I have...allows for more customization. You can always revert to TW.
    That's Cool. I appreciate the help you've given. Thanks! I just can't get the apps icon to un-anchor.

11-30-2014 01:55 AM
    Just drag additional icons to the icon bar at the bottom. The one you bring in will displace a present one, then repeat and drag your favorites back in. Have you cleared TW cache in applications manager?
    No I have Not cleared TW cache. I will do that now.

11-30-2014 01:59 AM
    No I have Not cleared TW cache. I will do that now.

Cleared the TW cache to No avail. Even rebooted afterwards. Thanks anyway.

11-30-2014 02:11 AM
    Have you tried to change wallpaper? It sounds insignificant but it cleared a similar problem I had.
    MightyMike likes this.
    11-30-2014 08:05 AM
    Have you tried to change wallpaper? It sounds insignificant but it cleared a similar problem I had.
    FIXED IT! Huh....I wonder why in the world the wallpaper screwed that up? It's a screenshot from a video, that was made black and white with the instagram app. Wonder if I can replicate that? Wonder if that's a bug? Does Samsung pay for reporting bugs? Lol.

Anywho...Thanks everyone for your Help! I appreciate it much!

Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-30-2014 08:54 AM
    Glad I could help
    MightyMike likes this.
    11-30-2014 08:58 AM
    It looks like you used as wallpaper an screenshot with the same icons already there!! So your icons where over them just a little bit out of place.
    MightyMike likes this.
    11-30-2014 09:15 AM
    It looks like you used as wallpaper an screenshot with the same icons already there!! So your icons where over them just a little bit out of place.
    I thought about that, but it's a shot from within a video. The same pic is on my instagram. I went and looked at it and the icons are Not there...but...it is possible. I just don't have a pic like that in my gallery. I don't know. It's fixed now. Woohoo!

Edit....that pics been my home screen for a few weeks now. I do have a thought tho...I do believe I was hacked, by my daughter. Lil shat. I wonder if she did that? LMAO! I'll find out when she gets home!

11-30-2014 09:26 AM
    Y
    I thought about that, but it's a shot from within a video. The same pic is on my instagram. I went and looked at it and the icons are Not there...but...it is possible. I just don't have a pic like that in my gallery. I don't know. It's fixed now. Woohoo!

Edit....that pics been my home screen for a few weeks now. I do have a thought tho...I do believe I was hacked, by my daughter. Lil shat. I wonder if she did that? LMAO! I'll find out when she gets home!

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Maybe she took the screenshot to put it back after playing around a little bit, thinking she wasn't going to get caught ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    11-30-2014 04:48 PM
    Y

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Maybe she took the screenshot to put it back after playing around a little bit, thinking she wasn't going to get caught ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Na... she straight up hacked me. When she got home I asked her. Yep...she took the screenshot, changed all the names on my folders to "you got hacked". i didnt even notice worried about the screen. She's a shat. I was sweatin the load...LMAO! If she only knew she about gave me a heart attack! Lol

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    11-30-2014 07:55 PM
    This was my problem too and this was the solution! I'd accidentally included the top bar with icons when I did the screen capture. Cropped the photo to remove that top area, renamed the photo, set it as wallpaper and the whole double image problem disappeared. Took two tries because on the first try the cropped photo didn't show those icons but they mysteriously reappeared when I set it as wallpaper. Doing a deeper cut off the top of the photo did the trick. Now the photo has expanded to fill the entire screen - no more black bar at the top, but the photo is dark so the icons still show up fine. Looks great.
    09-18-2016 11:34 PM