12-23-2014 10:40 AM
329 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Well much to my surprise I won a white Note 4 in a local raffle.

So now I have two one in black and the other in white.

Happened to notice also that the white is the exynos variant. So an extra cherry on the cake I have both versions.

I'm shocked as I never win anything :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    keyzlife likes this.
    11-20-2014 02:37 PM
    Congrats!! what are u going to do with the spare? Sell?
    11-20-2014 02:54 PM
    Nice, I never win anything in the gun drawings...but this year was my year!! Enjoy!
    11-20-2014 02:55 PM
    Thanks I'm still shocked lol erm I might sell but hmm I could just keep them both.

I haven't made up my mind as I'm not a greedy person and may offer it at reduced value to give someone a good Christmas.

Or I could just sell my Z2 and retain both Notes and my G3.

11-20-2014 03:04 PM
    Thanks I'm still shocked lol erm I might sell but hmm I could just keep them both.

I haven't made up my mind as I'm not a greedy person and may offer it at reduced value to give someone a good Christmas.

Or I could just sell my Z2 and retain both Notes and my G3.

Happy early Merry Christmas to you!

This is what you can do with it.....

As I'm a war vet (U.S. Army Iraq and Afghanistan) and working my **** off to feed my 3 children, You can sell that sucker to me for a real...REAL...low price....

I never win anything either. Heck, I couldn't get laid in a woman's prison with a handful of pardons. If I won the lottery, they would somehow say I owe them 7 million over the next 20 years....
    11-20-2014 05:19 PM
    You could give it to me... lol
    11-20-2014 05:29 PM
    Yeh I'm usually as lucky as the Irish lol and usually don't bother with raffles but I was being harassed to buy a ticket for £1 or around $2.

Im weighing up what to do and thinking of options hmm I could be greedy.... But then that's not me.

I could sell at reduced price or just do a giveaway Hmmmmm.

11-20-2014 06:30 PM
    Well folks my choice was to go with a giveaway but my GF rolled her eyes and I gave in.

Atleast she is getting rid of her iPhone lol

Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-20-2014 06:44 PM
    Lol nice win.

11-20-2014 07:14 PM
    I say trade for something you've always wanted.

11-20-2014 08:26 PM
    Well I have used both and in some places the Octa 7 is Smoother and then it flips and the Snapdragon has it beat in other areas.

Here is a short video to keep you entertained.

11-21-2014 04:00 PM
    For all recent note 4 owners hello & welcome and congratulations on your purchase.

First you have made a sound choice and this great device will cover most if not all of your needs and requirements.

You'll have quite a bit to explore and the fun starts now.

In terms of overall features, multitasking, power and usability this Note 4 is King.

Battery is great and screen is beautiful.

Lastly.....

Enjoy :-)

MightyMike likes this.
    11-22-2014 05:09 PM
    I think I'll be getting it very soon

11-22-2014 05:34 PM
    I think I'll be getting it very soon

The Note 4 really is a step up for Samsung and for the most part they got it right.

You won't regret your purchase :-)

11-22-2014 05:39 PM
    Currently Running Dr Ketans Rom with wanam kernel.

DPI set to 480 (So goooood)

Blacked out settings menu.

Blurred notification area.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 I just love it :-)-1416700584340.jpg   Note 4 I just love it :-)-1416700600024.jpg   Note 4 I just love it :-)-1416700614836.jpg  
    11-22-2014 06:57 PM
    So as we are now aware it seems at least for now that the Note 4 is Samsung's flagship.

This Note 4 I can't help but say is one very very nice device.

I usually (I'm sure another AC member touched on this) get the buzz and it wears off after a short while but this is keeping it alive. I'm sure it will settle always does but even then I'm confident I won't get the urge to upgrade to the next best thing at least not until this time next year.

Samsung has here a device that has almost the complete package.

The battery life is great,

The screen is superb,

The features are vast,

The camera is fantastic,

The build is just right,

The performance hits the spot.

This is Samsungs best device to date and yup I guess so it should be.

11-24-2014 05:19 PM
    Yep they got the phone mostly right, now if they could just convince VERIZON to keep it up to date in a (*cough*) timely manner, like they did with the (***cough***) Note 3......

(pure sarcasm, if you cant tell already )
    11-24-2014 05:26 PM
    The big red not good with updates then?

This doesn't phase me I always root & rom just what I'm into I guess.

May aswel attach the MKBHD review for those that may not have watched it yet.

11-24-2014 05:37 PM
    So as we are now aware it seems at least for now that the Note 4 is Samsung's flagship.

This Note 4 I can't help but say is one very very nice device.

I usually (I'm sure another AC member touched on this) get the buzz and it wears off after a short while but this is keeping it alive. I'm sure it will settle always does but even then I'm confident I won't get the urge to upgrade to the next best thing at least not until this time next year.

Samsung has here a device that has almost the complete package.

The battery life is great,

The screen is superb,

The features are vast,

The camera is fantastic,

The build is just right,

The performance hits the spot.

This is Samsungs best device to date and yup I guess so it should be.

Yes i agree with this
    11-26-2014 11:29 AM
    The only thing, for the most part, verizon has over the other carriers is network.

I have never seen such a company so concerned about locking down their phones.
    Having been in retail management and district management the whole thing baffles me.
    If you buy something, it's yours, and you can do what you want to with it.
    Apparently in the mobile phone world that does not apply.
    I refer to them as "Lockzilla"
    Many are leaving in waves to Tmobile for this very reason but where I live I can barely get a signal with Tmobile but have 4G LTE with V.
    Crazy

11-26-2014 11:59 AM
    The only thing, for the most part, verizon has over the other carriers is network.

I have never seen such a company so concerned about locking down their phones.
    Having been in retail management and district management the whole thing baffles me.
    If you buy something, it's yours, and you can do what you want to with it.
    Apparently in the mobile phone world that does not apply.
    I refer to them as "Lockzilla"
    Many are leaving in waves to Tmobile for this very reason but where I live I can barely get a signal with Tmobile but have 4G LTE with V.
    Crazy

Guessing its hard or your not able to root the Verizon variant?

11-26-2014 12:09 PM
    I think the big red phone lock up thing is the other end of their pricing schedules. They regularly run deals on their phones and often have better pricing especially compared to the other big carrier. I suspect that part of that comes from cutting larger volume deals with the phone makers and I think VzW gets pretty anal about making sure they get everything they expected to get out of you when they sold you the thing.

How many posts do we see in these forums about "gee do you think I can buy it from carrier X and then move it quickly to carrier Y etc etc?" I think VzW goes out of its way to keep people fairly disinterested in trying that with them.
    11-26-2014 12:13 PM
    I had to track down a couple of glitches that were eating the battery. Now the battery life is great. Now I wonder why I wasted $$$ on a spare battery.
    And while I generally like TouchWiz, it infuriates me that Samsung sticks with a 4x4 icon grid on the home screen. I had the same 4x4 grid on my relatively tiny S3 years ago. This huge screen can works very well with a 5x4, or even denser, layout. So I installed Nova Launcher. Fixed. But I shouldn't have to do that.

But overall, it is a step up for sure. Yesterday I was tweaking a power supply and needed to mark up a PC board drawing. I started looking for a pencil and paper, then realized that I didn't need such nonsense. I took a photo of the PC board with the Note 4, then used the stylus to mark up the photo with the comments I wanted. Done. VERY handy. I wonder if there is any PDF markup software? That would be really handy.
    11-26-2014 12:26 PM
    Oh I have rooted every phone I have owned for about the last 10 years.
    The note 4 however is the first I'm not worried about.
    It will get rooted, there will always be root no matter what the carriers do. Just as no matter the security there will always be viruses and hackers.

My view is coming from my retail world experience and I don't get the locking it up so it can't be rooted thing, when you buy it and it's yours.
    I mean, if I buy something and want to wipe my rear with it so be it, it's mine. So I just feel it is wrong from the retail point of view.

As far as Verizon and At&t, i understand why and get their reasons.
    But as a person who lives and loves the world of business and increasing numbers, I wrote Verizon a very informative letter detailing how if they had a system where a customer could choose to buy a phone that is unlocked, knowing it would have no warranty, and note the account s such, that they would increase business substantially.

Obviously not being someone important it was probably passed to the garbage can, but i enjoy business so I try and help when I can or offer advice.

Do I like root, of course. But it's not a biggie with the 4. I actually bought an unlocked tmobile version first and had it rooted that day. It was defective so went with verizon.
    My biggest miss is the ability to get rid of ads. With an un rooted phone for the first time in a while I didn't realize how bad they are. It is absolutely infuriating browsing or anything.

Edit: there are companies going the route I have suggested. I believe htc has something similar. Maybe others. Would have to research

11-26-2014 12:49 PM
    I will agree with the OP that the Note line has become the best smartphone Samsung offers in a calendar year.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    11-26-2014 07:09 PM
329 ... 89101112 ...