12-23-2014 09:40 AM
329 12345 ...
tools
    All my devices got rooted 1st day and also I install on each one a Root File Explorer
    11-06-2014 06:18 PM
    So I just couldn't resist rooting as I do any device I get.

This is namely so I can remove apps I don't want & also to have the clock centred (where it should be) & also the circle battery icon with percentage.

I will no doubt be checking out some custom roms but for now I'm happy.

Anyone else that couldn't resist rooting, or like myself is something you do when you get a new device?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Did your Knox flag trip when you did it? Download the Phone Info app and run it. If it shows 0x1 you've tripped your Knox flag and it can't be reset. You may have invalidated your warranty. I'd be interested to know. Maybe you don't give two *****!

11-06-2014 06:27 PM
    Can you guide me on how to do it ? I have a note 4 att in white..

I'm familiar with jailbreaking as I did it with all my iPhone ...

What are the difference

11-06-2014 06:47 PM
    Did your Knox flag trip when you did it? Download the Phone Info app and run it. If it shows 0x1 you've tripped your Knox flag and it can't be reset. You may have invalidated your warranty. I'd be interested to know. Maybe you don't give two *****!

Did you know I have never seen or heard about a warranty denial because the Knox flag was tripped? I belive this is more for IT administrator's to see if your rooted before they put you on the company exchange and VPN servers.
    11-06-2014 06:50 PM
    Yes. Please share the beef. How did you do it.

I don't give a fcuk about warranty. I'll delete the knox, whatever that thing is, when I see it.
    11-06-2014 06:59 PM
    I'm in the UK so it will be different. My advice is check out xda developers.

The stages will be identical but the file required won't be.

1)Download Samsung Usb drivers

2)Download Odin.

3)Download the correct Chainfire file for your variant.

4)Place Phone in download mode (power off, hold volume down, home and power key, press volume up).

5)Open odin and connect your Note 4.

6)if correctly set you should see in odin it turn blue & ready in the box). Press PDA and select your file & flash.

Note: before all of the above make sure in developer options enable Usb debugging is checked and in security that reactivation lock is unchecked.

11-06-2014 07:24 PM
    My note has been fast and lag free since the day I got it. I see all these people hardware and software issues but fortunately my phone has been running perfectly since day one
    11-07-2014 12:29 AM
    Can't wait to get mine, it's delivered on Friday - I went for the white option, what about yourself? How you finding the camera compared to the G3?
    Not had a chance to fully test but two quick pics suggest atleast in lowlight the G3 has it. But this is far from conclusive.

The Note 4 overall I'm very impressed with and you'll enjoy yours when it arrives today :-)

the tall guy likes this.
    11-07-2014 04:39 AM
    Not had a chance to fully test but two quick pics suggest atleast in lowlight the G3 has it. But this is far from conclusive.

The Note 4 overall I'm very impressed with and you'll enjoy yours when it arrives today :-)

Just been told that it's arrived at my house - just need to get my work out the way with then fly home to get it. I wonder if pretending to be sick is a bit much lol?
    11-07-2014 04:43 AM
    Just been told that it's arrived at my house - just need to get my work out the way with then fly home to get it. I wonder if pretending to be sick is a bit much lol?
    Haha that will be irritating you all day now, bet the other half doesn't get a hello hunni I'm home but rather where is my Note 4 lol

11-07-2014 05:15 AM
    3 weeks here and only a couple hiccups. Mine is super smooth and I have done all the speed it up tricks as well. Battery is awesome.

11-07-2014 05:31 AM
    3 weeks here and only a couple hiccups. Mine is super smooth and I have done all the speed it up tricks as well. Battery is awesome.

I'm only a few days in but all is well & this Note 4 is great :-)

11-07-2014 05:39 AM
    No doubt it is fast & fluid but getting problem in caring, too big in size
    11-07-2014 05:53 AM
    Haha that will be irritating you all day now, bet the other half doesn't get a hello hunni I'm home but rather where is my Note 4 lol

Haha!! It was delivered to my Mum's add, so I'm not giving the wife a drive home after work, instead I'm leaving early at 4pm to get it and she can ride the bus she understands my needs lol
    11-07-2014 06:38 AM
    No doubt it is fast & fluid but getting problem in caring, too big in size
    That's the sacrifice with getting a large phone surly?
    11-07-2014 06:40 AM
    Haha!! It was delivered to my Mum's add, so I'm not giving the wife a drive home after work, instead I'm leaving early at 4pm to get it and she can ride the bus she understands my needs lol
    Haha thats brilliant you do know she will use this at some point mate lol

To build it up a bit the Note 4 is minblowing as the Note 3 was but more mature lol

Enjoy mate :-)

the tall guy likes this.
    11-07-2014 06:56 AM
    Installed AEA Kernel & dam this Note 4 flies, everything opens in an instant.

Oh yesssssssssssss I'm enjoying this :-)

11-07-2014 09:50 AM
    Well perhaps a bit early but so far everything seems Fast & Fluid. Which is a bit surprising as I was fully expecting TW to slow it down.

The finger print reader, I was also expecting to be a bit poor but so far it's worked 98% of the time.

So far so good :-)

Yep mine is still fast and fluid as well -- The fingerprint reader is not the same for me though. It doesn't work enough times for me to use it.
    11-07-2014 09:59 AM
    Yep mine is still fast and fluid as well -- The fingerprint reader is not the same for me though. It doesn't work enough times for me to use it.
    Are you as shocked as I am?

I know the Note 4 has the Snapdragon 805 clocked at 2.7ghz & the Andreno 420 Gpu. But with the added TW I was fully expecting it to slow it down.

So glad it hasn't.

Shame that your experience of the fingerprint reader isn't as good as mine. It's for me a great feature.

11-07-2014 10:10 AM
    Did you know I have never seen or heard about a warranty denial because the Knox flag was tripped? I belive this is more for IT administrator's to see if your rooted before they put you on the company exchange and VPN servers.
    Probably a very valid point. I've never heard it being used as a get out for warranty claims either. It's just that it does set a flag that states your Knox warranty is invalid if you root your phone. It's not something you can delete by the way. It's in the system and can't be changed.

11-07-2014 10:49 AM
    This is just a 3 day miniature reviw of my impressions of the Note 4.

Think I'll start with the build as that is the aesthetic change. Like many Note 4 owners I like it and it sure makes for a solid in hand feel & the pleasing experience of the shiny chamfered edges (gone keep this pristine) is great. Some may like a uni body design like the M8 or iPhone range, but I'm taking joy of having the aluminium surround and the warmth of the faux leather.

The Ui is typical Samsung TW but they have loosened their grip all be it slightly. With Apex installed I actually don't mind.

The Multi-tasking well this is the Notes superpower and Samsung highlighted again what the true meaning is. Whether you dislike Samsung for whatever reason surely you must recognise this. The swipe down from the corner is easy and intuitive. There is also the recent apps and improved multi window. Like what Samsung have done here.

Camera: This will be short as not had much time to test so can't comment as yet.

Performance well tbh I thought TW would slow it down, glad I am wrong here. I have since rooted as I do & installed AEA Kernel and this Note 4 is blazingly fast (my experience thus far). So absolutely no complaints.

Battery: This again has been kind to me, I know some here are not getting what they perhaps should and I am fully sympathetic here. That said my first cycle I got over 6hrs screen on time and this battery holds out just fine. Again I'm happy here.

Screen: Well this is your super amoled and it pops, sparkles & shines. Very impressed here. That said I do like the subtle colours and tones of the G3. I must say though that Samsung has done great here.

Features: Well some I won't likely bother with but the likes of fast charging is great, also fingerprint reader has worked 95% of the time. I haven't had much time to go through them all but Yeh happy with what the Note 4 has here. Maybe to many features but one never knows they might come in handy.

Spen: Not spent much time with it but the added usability seems great.

Tried to keep it relatively short Woops lol

Overall the Note 4 won't be to everyone's liking but for me, I like it alot.

11-07-2014 11:00 AM
    Your new Note 4 will be some great medicine to cure your sudden ailment.

Hope your flight is short . Enjoy your new phone. It's awesome !
    11-07-2014 12:08 PM
    Your new Note 4 will be some great medicine to cure your sudden ailment.

Hope your flight is short . Enjoy your new phone. It's awesome !
    Haha thanks, it's in my car the now. Just waiting on my dinner being ready at the chippy then it's home to play with my new toy for hours on end

11-07-2014 01:03 PM
    Haha thanks, it's in my car the now. Just waiting on my dinner being ready at the chippy then it's home to play with my new toy for hours on end

What's a "chippy"?
    11-07-2014 01:09 PM
    What's a "chippy"?
    A chippy is a place one frequents to purchase fish and chips.

Or as you Americans would say fries and chips.

11-07-2014 01:12 PM
329 12345 ...