12-23-2014 10:40 AM
329 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Haha thanks, it's in my car the now. Just waiting on my dinner being ready at the chippy then it's home to play with my new toy for hours on end

Posted via the Android Central App
    The buzz and excitement is building lol

11-07-2014 02:13 PM
    Which carrier?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-07-2014 04:56 PM
    Which carrier?

Posted via Android Central App
    EE and unlocked :-)

11-07-2014 05:11 PM
    Haha chippy!! Forgot this is a multi national forum 😁 phone is emense. Feels so different in the hand compared to the note 3. It somehow manages to make the note 3 feel old, which it isn't. I'm looking forward to playing with this bad boy late into the night. P.s. the wife is sleeping lol

11-07-2014 05:58 PM
    Haha chippy!! Forgot this is a multi national forum 😁 phone is emense. Feels so different in the hand compared to the note 3. It somehow manages to make the note 3 feel old, which it isn't. I'm looking forward to playing with this bad boy late into the night. P.s. the wife is sleeping lol

Enjoy your quality time lol and yes, yes it is one brilliantly constructed device :-)

11-07-2014 06:06 PM
    I was impressed with the Note 3, so the Note 4 I was obviously going to like.

But on what scale? The Note 4 has matured into a premium package that offers everything. Great build, feature set, and performance.

The whole package is here with the Note 4 but size will be an issue for some.

There will be niggles and I'm sure to find them. As it stands right now I am very impressed and haven't stumbled upon anything that is annoying me. Hope it remains this way.

So how much are you impressed with the all new Galaxy Note 4?

11-08-2014 11:09 AM
    I was impressed with the Note 3, so the Note 4 I was obviously going to like.

But on what scale? The Note 4 has matured into a premium package that offers everything. Great build, feature set, and performance.

The whole package is here with the Note 4 but size will be an issue for some.

There will be niggles and I'm sure to find them. As it stands right now I am very impressed and haven't stumbled upon anything that is annoying me. Hope it remains this way.

So how much are you impressed with the all new Galaxy Note 4?

I really like my Note 4 for the premium feel & build quality. So much so that I started out using a case but quickly discarded it. It's too good to hide in a case.

No screen protector either but I'll probably get one of those glass ones when they work out the hallo effect (raises on the edges because of the curved glass).

If people have issues with the size, then it's not for them. I really enjoy the larger size (previous was a Galaxy S3) and almost feel like it's normal now. I could even go another 0.25" to get closer to 6".
    11-08-2014 11:45 AM
    It's hard to put it down!

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    11-08-2014 12:35 PM
    These Note 4 annoyances have me thinking about selling my Note 4 and going back to a Note 3:

* No desk dock app or sound through USB. My Note 2 and 3 both had it and they were my home/office clock and media player.
    * No lockscreen widgets. I have an ICS app that is designed to show on the lockscreen.
    * No Hands-free mode. I can't get my Note 4 to read texts or incoming callers names and the Note 4 Car mode doesn't do it for me.
    * Display resolution. My 60+ year old eyes don't see any difference.
    * USB 2.0. I like the extra transfer speed and ease of inserting the USB 3.0 plug the right way compared to the USB 2.0 plug.
    * Curved screen. I have yet to find a decent glass screen protector that fits on it well.
    * No more memory and only minor processor speed increase from my Note 3.

Most of the Note 4 apks have already been ported and the Note 3 should get Lollipop pretty soon.
    11-08-2014 12:44 PM
    These Note 4 annoyances have me thinking about selling my Note 4 and going back to a Note 3:

* No desk dock app or sound through USB. My Note 2 and 3 both had it and they were my home/office clock and media player.
    * No lockscreen widgets. I have an ICS app that is designed to show on the lockscreen.
    * No Hands-free mode. I can't get my Note 4 to read texts or incoming callers names and the Note 4 Car mode doesn't do it for me.
    * USB 2.0. I like the extra transfer speed and ease of inserting the USB 3.0 plug the right way compared to the USB 2.0 plug.
    * Curved screen. I have yet to find a decent glass screen protector that fits on it well.

Most of the Note 4 apks have already been ported and the Note 3 should get Lollipop pretty soon.
    Sounds like you mind is almost made up?

11-08-2014 01:00 PM
    Sounds like you mind is almost made up?

Thanks, yes it is. I keep hoping to hear some positive arguments to keep it, but have found none so far. I do like the fast charging, but I have the extra battery kit for my Note 3, so swapping batteries doesn't bother me.
    11-08-2014 01:08 PM
    This is my first Note and I'm coming from a real POS phone, so I can't comment on the Note 3. All I know is that I love this phone, have been using it for about 2 weeks now and may have some insights. First of all, from what I understand all of the Notes are still solid phones and the only real reason to go from 3-4 is that you just really want one, or it has some updates that are really important to you.

It's new. I'm sure there will be all kinds of peripherals for it very soon. As for the sound through USB, if you're at your desk wouldn't you have your music on your computer? Also, you have sound via Bluetooth. If you're looking to hear music from your phone through your computer and your computer isn't Bluetooth capable, a $6 USB dongle will take care of that.

You're saying you have a lock screen app that does this, not that it's a native function of the phone. I'm sure you can find lock screen apps for the Note 4 and Android 4.4.4

From what I've read from my carrier hands free activation runs in the background and as you go through the initial sign in process. If it didn't, you may have to update your user data profile. I would also check with your carrier to insure that this feature is possible on your network.

Can't argue with that.

That's a big plus.

I don't have a screen cover and it doesn't bother me one bit. I've seen a ton of drop tests and I'm not worried about scratches like I would have been in the old days. I also don't put it in the same pocket as my keys and there are no kids around who would play with it. Other than that I have a case on it and that's it. I didn't have a screen protector on my last phone and there isn't one scratch on it.

I don't know what the Note 3 had, but 32G's with expandable micro SD memory up to 128G's is pretty good to me.

That being the case, I don't think not having the Note 4 will be the worst thing in the world considering you have the 3 and it's getting the update.
    Personally, I wanted to wait for the Note Edge, but I needed a new phone now. I'm certainly not updating to the Note Edge in 2 weeks and there will have to be some significant updates to functions I care about for me to think about getting a Note 5.

These are just my opinions of course.
    micktwo and Aubbre4 like this.
    11-08-2014 02:32 PM
    size will be an issue for some.
    I also thought size was going to be an issue but after using it as a daily driver I don't even notice it anymore.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 ™
    11-08-2014 03:31 PM
    I am very impressed with the Note 4. I haven't seen a better device on the market although the iPhone 6 Plus is a really remarkable device as well. It's just feature packed. I'm still learning of its capabilities.This may be the first smartphone in 7 years that I keep for more than 5 months. I don't see anything else coming out in the next half year that would entice me to contemplate changing.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-08-2014 05:01 PM
    I am very impressed with the Note 4. I haven't seen a better device on the market although the iPhone 6 Plus is a really remarkable device as well. It's just feature packed. I'm still learning of its capabilities.This may be the first smartphone in 7 years that I keep for more than 5 months. I don't see anything else coming out in the next half year that would entice me to contemplate changing.

This is my 3rd device this year previous 2 (still own) Z2 & G3. I like you am so made up with the Note 4 I could very comfortably wait until the Note 5.

11-08-2014 05:16 PM
    This is one I'm finding hard to put down, but a good film is on Hmmmmm Note 4 or film?

Think I'll Multi-Task lol

11-08-2014 05:41 PM
    I'd personally watch the show if it was worth it .
    11-08-2014 05:49 PM
    I love the Note series but the increased in Size became an issue that the Note 3 didn't last two months, I wished Samsung stuck with 5.5". Also it didn't help that LG spoiled me on how they squeezed 5.5" display down that I questioned upgrading to the Note 4.

That all changed when Samsung introduced Side Control Panel, it's so much easier handling the phone. Honestly, without it I would've returned it kept the G3.

I love the Note 4 and thank Samsung for finally listening, giving us the Aluminum build. The display is amazing and it's great to have the S-Pen back.
    11-08-2014 05:57 PM
    I love the Note series but the increased in Size became an issue that the Note 3 didn't last two months, I wished Samsung stuck with 5.5". Also it didn't help that LG spoiled me on how they squeezed 5.5" display down that I questioned upgrading to the Note 4.

That all changed when Samsung introduced Side Control Panel, it's so much easier handling the phone. Honestly, without it I would've returned it kept the G3.

I love the Note 4 and thank Samsung for finally listening, giving us the Aluminum build. The display is amazing and it's great to have the S-Pen back.
    I Knew you would end up getting the Note 4.

Like you its good to be back & what a device to return to :-)

bembol likes this.
    11-08-2014 06:03 PM
    It's infact just an average film (The Shooter) going to try and put this Note down and stick on Captain Phillips :-)

11-08-2014 06:05 PM
    I don't know if I'm loving the note. I come from iPhone and this is not practical for the everyday Joe. I understand if you are into tech you will like this, but this has too many useless features built in that I found myself disabling many of it. With iPhone I was only ignoring three apps that I didn't care for. Over here I'm disabling at least 8 out of the box.

There's more annoying little things, but I will rather keep it to myself. I really want to love this phone but right now it's not happening. This is a reason I am thinking of picking up the Nexus 6.
    11-08-2014 06:18 PM
    I don't know if I'm loving the note. I come from iPhone and this is not practical for the everyday Joe. I understand if you are into tech you will like this, but this has too many useless features built in that I found myself disabling many of it. With iPhone I was only ignoring three apps that I didn't care for. Over here I'm disabling at least 8 out of the box.

There's more annoying little things, but I will rather keep it to myself. I really want to love this phone but right now it's not happening. This is a reason I am thinking of picking up the Nexus 6.
    I can certainly understand that. Sorry it didn't work out for you. From what I have seen, the Nexus 6 is supposed to be a killer device. Good luck.

11-08-2014 06:31 PM

The Note 4 won't be to everyone's liking but atleast you gave it a try.

Hope you find more enjoyment with the Nexus 6.

bmac#AC likes this.
    11-08-2014 06:45 PM
    I absolutely love it.
    11-08-2014 07:55 PM
    Loving it so far (picked it up today). Replaced my Note 2 (loved that phone & camera too)..........
    11-08-2014 08:14 PM
329 ... 23456 ...