12-23-2014 10:40 AM
329 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'm impressed but feel they should have gone just a tad bigger on size.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-08-2014 08:30 PM
    I always video record my gf as she's really fun and pretty. But yesterday was the first using Note 4. I thought, [language] the color and video resolution quality on this thing, and the controls are at their precise location where they should be. Jesusss.
    11-08-2014 09:37 PM
    Coming from the S3 and never owning a note, I am loving mine. The S3 battery with little use was aweful, I had to plug it in after about 6 hours with again, very little use. My note 4, the battery last all day and up until 10 pm and I still average 35 to 40% life before plugging it in. The only thing I don't like is the finger scanner, it's hit or miss if it works.
    11-08-2014 09:47 PM
    Coming from the S3 and never owning a note, I am loving mine. The S3 battery with little use was aweful, I had to plug it in after about 6 hours with again, very little use. My note 4, the battery last all day and up until 10 pm and I still average 35 to 40% life before plugging it in. The only thing I don't like is the finger scanner, it's hit or miss if it works.
    Do you have a case on your Note?

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-08-2014 09:56 PM
    On a scale of 1-10, I give the phone a 10 in my opinion. Yes theres a few more additions they could've thrown in, but i'm more than impressed!!
    11-08-2014 09:56 PM
    How do you even get into the developer options on this phone. I have been looking for two days and have had no luck finding it.
    11-09-2014 01:25 AM
    How do you even get into the developer options on this phone. I have been looking for two days and have had no luck finding it.
    You go into settings and tap on build number, I think 7 times and it will unlock developer options.

11-09-2014 01:40 AM
    They are hidden until you enable them. To do this, go to about phone in settings and keep tapping on build number until it says it's enabled.
    jpr9845 likes this.
    11-09-2014 02:15 AM
    Can you guide me on how to do it ? I have a note 4 att in white..

I'm familiar with jailbreaking as I did it with all my iPhone ...

What are the difference

Att locks the bootloaders on their phones, so it's currently not possible to root your Note 4.
    11-09-2014 02:18 AM
    I'm in the UK so it will be different. My advice is check out xda developers.

The stages will be identical but the file required won't be.

1)Download Samsung Usb drivers

2)Download Odin.

3)Download the correct Chainfire file for your variant.

4)Place Phone in download mode (power off, hold volume down, home and power key, press volume up).

5)Open odin and connect your Note 4.

6)if correctly set you should see in odin it turn blue & ready in the box). Press PDA and select your file & flash.

Note: before all of the above make sure in developer options enable Usb debugging is checked and in security that reactivation lock is unchecked.

Just an FYI, if you use the newer version of Odin, PDA was replaced with AP.
    11-09-2014 02:20 AM
    Go to about phone...tap build number 7 times u will see a toast message saying developer enable...go back once then u see developer option

11-09-2014 04:10 AM
    My N4 made in Vietnam
    11-09-2014 04:57 AM
    So I now have my Note 4 and been in use for almost a week now.

This won't be by any means a comprehensive vs review but rather initial insights.

The Build: The Note 4 is just incredible in terms of solid in hand feel. You'll be safe in the knowledge that you have a premium product and it's one that I like alot. The chamfered edges give it a nice look aswel and in retaining the faux leather back it provides that bit of warmth (which I like).

The G3 however despite the plastic construction has the Note 4 beat in terms of comfort in hand, many may dispute this but it's certainly how my hands on with both comes out. The G3 has that compact form and large screen and boy did Lg do a good job here. In terms of premium feel it goes to the Note 4.

The Ui: Well despite the Note 4 retaining TW obviously, it has been tamed hmm slightly and with Apex it's less intrusive. Lg with optimus Ui they have done alot better in terms of appearance than Samsung and Lg wins here without question. In terms of functionality of the Ui the Note 4 has so many features here but as does the G3 and hmm the G3 hides them out the way where TW they are there begging to be used. So here I like both but Lg have done a better job overall in appearance & tucking features away.

Performance: Well it's hard as my G3 is running a custom Rom but will try to recap my memory as to place the G3 I'm stock lol. In this case the Note 4 has it but but it's not a monumental jump but it sure is noticeable. Don't jump on this though as the G3 is more than capable.

Battery: Well the G3 has a 3000mah and the Note 4 3220mah and there is a big difference in my experience. The Note 4 is so far consistent and the battery life is so far no less than 5hrs Screen On with my usage but closer to 6 and a half. The edge goes to the Note 4 but the G3 is not poor by any means.

The Screen: This is one beauty in the Note 4 with it being an amoled panel it pops, sparkles and shines and one that I like quite a lot actually. However the G3's softer tones are more realistic rather than being over saturated, and with the colour adjustment on the G3 yes it does work and you notice it more when you have something like an amoled to compare it to. This here depends on what one prefers and for me I like both.

Camera: sorry guys I haven't had much time to test here but took a couple of lowlight shots with the Note 4 and the G3's were far better. This is Not realistic though as I wasn't trying and it was quick shots.

Features: Well knock off/On is great and yes I'm still doing it with my Note lol but I have got knock off with the Note via Apex and screen off app which helps. OK so we all know the Note 4 is the winner in terms of making the best use of the screen & multi-tasking and having a ton of features it's a power house here. But the G3's simple is the new smart motto is perfectly apt. They are both great in there respective fields.

So a mini vs review and overall they are both great devices it just depends on you likes and what you look for in a smartphone.

But glad I have the best of both :-)

11-09-2014 08:42 AM
    This is proberly the best vs ive seen against the note 4 & g3 because your going on real world user experience. All the other reviewer's make out that the note 4 is 10x better than the g3 wich is really annoying as im a g3 user. Its the first time i havent swore at a note 4 vs g3 review lol

11-09-2014 09:11 AM
    This is proberly the best vs ive seen against the note 4 & g3 because your going on real world user experience. All the other reviewer's make out that the note 4 is 10x better than the g3 wich is really annoying as im a g3 user. Its the first time i havent swore at a note 4 vs g3 review lol

Thanks & your feedback is much appreciated.

I like to keep it realistic and to not over exaggerate based on that it's a new device.

Yes I like the Note 4 for many reasons but as my review States in many Aspects Lg have outstripped Samsung and yes vice and erm versa lol

Both incredibly amazing devices & if you own a G3 your not pushed back nor is your device outdated and useless.

11-09-2014 09:17 AM
    I love the note 4. I finally upgraded after 2 years with a Note 2. I've never gone 2 years between devices before, but that's how good the note 2 was. I expect to keep the Note 4 for two years. There are a few minor annoyances and I'm still waiting for root, but I don't see anything else drawing me away from the note family anytime soon.
    11-09-2014 09:36 AM
    Hey D, first for the G3 Homers and diehards...How dare you suggest that the G3 isn't the second coming of Christ!!!
    It is most besterest phone ever made even if there is one better out there.....LOL
    Great review Duncan, appreciate the objective, real world perspective.
    I really like the N4, only wish it was similar in size and package as the G3. Your comments about the compact form of the G3 are spot on.
    Still feeling like the G3 is the best of most worlds for me but anxiously awaiting for it's successor.
    I hope you continue to enjoy the N4, keep us posted as you get more time with it.
    11-09-2014 09:42 AM
    You should get a sponsor man and start doing your own youtube reveiws lol hopefully this lollypop update will make the g3 even more of an awsome phone and the note 4 is a really nice bit of kit i may of got the note for instead but when i got my g3 the note 4 was just a leaked image on google lol saying that im very impressed with my g3 unit no problems to report here as other g3 users have

11-09-2014 09:49 AM
    Hey D, first for the G3 Homers and diehards...How dare you suggest that the G3 isn't the second coming of Christ!!!
    It is most besterest phone ever made even if there is one better out there.....LOL
    Great review Duncan, appreciate the objective, real world perspective.
    I really like like N4, only wish it was similar in size and package as the G3. Your comments about the compact form of the G3 are spot on.
    Still feeling like the G3 is the best of most worlds for me but anxiously awaiting for it's successor.
    I hope you continue to enjoy the N4, keep us posted as you get more time with it.
    Thanks BB just keeping it real and you know I think the G3 is the bestest lol

On the more serious Note Haha pun intended they are both great.

Will keep this updated as I get more time with the Note 4.

But as I retort the G3 in terms of in hand comfort there is no beating it and it has a 5.5" screen.

I still find that the G3's superpower :-)

11-09-2014 09:51 AM
    Cleaned up some posts. Let's keep things on topic

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Aquila and davidnc like this.
    11-09-2014 09:56 AM
    You should get a sponsor man and start doing your own youtube reveiws lol hopefully this lollypop update will make the g3 even more of an awsome phone and the note 4 is a really nice bit of kit i may of got the note for instead but when i got my g3 the note 4 was just a leaked image on google lol saying that im very impressed with my g3 unit no problems to report here as other g3 users have

Thanks and yes I think MKBHD out of them all is the most articulate & like his reviews.

I may contemplate that idea though and thanks for your honesty.

I only had one issue with the G3 an auxiliary one. Other than that it is fast & smooth and camera is great, features are simple but smart lol screen is incredible and that form wow it really is more comfortable in hand than the Note 4.

This is just fact as much as I really do like the Note 4.

But thanks guys, in previous reviews hands up I used to let the new device syndrome overtake and thus was biased. I have learned my lesson and hmm strangly in part with heated debates with Bbseatle lol

Thanks again :-)

11-09-2014 10:01 AM
    Do you not find the different layout of screen navigation buttons confusing? This is one of the things I find a tad offputting, very minor admittedly, but something you'd be using all the time, so an important minor. Nothing wrong with the Sammy layout of course, but for me personally being used to Lumias, Nexus 5 and G3, I'm not sure I could easily adapt to two different layouts.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-09-2014 10:11 AM
    Do you not find the different layout of screen navigation buttons confusing? This is one of the things I find a tad offputting, very minor admittedly, but something you'd be using all the time, so an important minor. Nothing wrong with the Sammy layout of course, but for me personally being used to Lumias, Nexus 5 and G3, I'm not sure I could easily adapt to two different layouts.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes I have been away from Samsung for a while and still find myself double tapping to wake and trying to use on screen Nav keys that erm don't exsist (although I am rooted and can use on screen keys) I choose not to as I'm adapting.

belodion likes this.
    11-09-2014 10:20 AM
    In a strange and roundabout Duncan kinda way of doing things I think that was a compliment.....LOL.
    As we've learned, debate is good and does not always divide.

Thanks and yes I think MKBHD out of them all is the most articulate & like his reviews.

I may contemplate that idea though and thanks for your honesty.

I only had one issue with the G3 an auxiliary one. Other than that it is fast & smooth and camera is great, features are simple but smart lol screen is incredible and that form wow it really is more comfortable in hand than the Note 4.

This is just fact as much as I really do like the Note 4.

But thanks guys, in previous reviews hands up I used to let the new device syndrome overtake and thus was biased. I have learned my lesson and hmm strangly in part with heated debates with Bbseatle lol

Thanks again :-)

11-09-2014 11:23 AM
    This is silly but I hold my note 4 in my hands while waching t.v...and if a commercial comes on, I quickly lunlock my phone and proceed to finish what I was doing. Commercials go off and I'm back to holding my phone while waching t.v.

girls love tech too
    11-09-2014 02:11 PM
329 ... 34567 ...