12-23-2014 10:40 AM
329 ... 45678 ...
tools
    This is silly but I hold my note 4 in my hands while waching t.v...and if a commercial comes on, I quickly lunlock my phone and proceed to finish what I was doing. Commercials go off and I'm back to holding my phone while waching t.v.

girls love tech too
    Haha you love your Note 4 eh lol I'm not quite like that. Although I set the phone down during a programme and then adverts the phone is in hand and I'm doing some browsing and messing around :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2014 03:03 PM
    The Note is an impressive device.i really wanted one.But for my hands, it's really too big, and too uncomfortable to hold and use. The G3 is simply much more comfortable, for me, to use.
    11-09-2014 03:23 PM
    Nice review Duncan!

I also like and appreciate the note 4. Have played with it and find that screen just absolutely gorgeous! But damn it, LG has ruined me with its slim form factor! If Samsung starts slimming down their note series, I'd give it a shot. Until then, LG will have my business.... Unless they mess up the G4/G5, lol!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-09-2014 03:50 PM
    Nice review Duncan!

I also like and appreciate the note 4. Have played with it and find that screen just absolutely gorgeous! But damn it, LG has ruined me with its slim form factor! If Samsung starts slimming down their note series, I'd give it a shot. Until then, LG will have my business.... Unless they mess up the G4/G5, lol!

Thanks I don't write for compliments but to provide an unbiased opinion.

However it's much appreciated.

The G3 is by far the most comfortable large screen device out there. The note 4 is not unusable as well I'm using it as are millions of others.

But comfort of use boy is the LG good it really is :-)

11-09-2014 04:09 PM
    In a strange and roundabout Duncan kinda way of doing things I think that was a compliment.....LOL.
    As we've learned, debate is good and does not always divide.
    Yeh I don't provide them often lol but it's for me surprisingly true lol

Debates are a great thing :-)

11-09-2014 04:56 PM
    This is silly but I hold my note 4 in my hands while waching t.v...and if a commercial comes on, I quickly lunlock my phone and proceed to finish what I was doing. Commercials go off and I'm back to holding my phone while waching t.v.

girls love tech too
    How much do u weigh?

11-09-2014 05:50 PM
    How much do u weigh?

I go back and forward from 125lbs to 133lbs. Never less than nor greater than. However I'm currently trying to add some muscle mass to my legs with my twice a week leg routine at the gym. Probably should cut down on cardio soon though.

girls love tech too
    11-09-2014 05:59 PM
    I go back and forward from 125lbs to 133lbs. Never less than nor greater than. However I'm currently trying to add some muscle mass to my legs with my twice a week leg routine at the gym. Probably should cut down on cardio soon though.

girls love tech too
    Nice!

11-09-2014 07:39 PM
    Is anyone successfully running a lower Dpi on their Note 4?

Woops wrong forum mods please delete :-)

11-09-2014 07:51 PM
    Has anyone here successfully lowered the Dpi on their Note 4?

11-09-2014 08:31 PM
    I was able to by trading it in for an iPhone 6.
    Dudefella123 likes this.
    11-09-2014 10:11 PM
    Why would I want to reduce the resolution?
    11-09-2014 10:18 PM
    I don't know if I'm loving the note. I come from iPhone and this is not practical for the everyday Joe. I understand if you are into tech you will like this, but this has too many useless features built in that I found myself disabling many of it. With iPhone I was only ignoring three apps that I didn't care for. Over here I'm disabling at least 8 out of the box.

There's more annoying little things, but I will rather keep it to myself. I really want to love this phone but right now it's not happening. This is a reason I am thinking of picking up the Nexus 6.
    If you want something more simple without bloatware, then the nexus 6 is probably for you. Stock android is a beautiful thing. Besides, if you need more, you can always install apps as needed.
    11-09-2014 11:05 PM
    I love it

11-09-2014 11:09 PM
    Why would you want to do this?

11-09-2014 11:45 PM
    I purchased the G3 and found it to be a really nice phone. The firm factor was better for sure. There were a few quirks that helped me switch back to the Note series. The Auxiliary port would act up when using it in my truck. From what I've read it was a pretty common problem. Considering I use my phone daily as a media player that was unacceptable. The call audio quality was not so good. Fine through Bluetooth but not through the phone itself. I also felt the Qhd HD display was a bit underpowered by the SD 801. Battery life on the G3 would get me through the trip home from work, not much more. I switched to the N4 and have Ben very happy. All of the issues on the G3 are gone and I have a more premium device to boot.
    11-10-2014 12:02 AM
    Love the phone
    My biggest issue with my note 3 was lag
    So far the note 4 is not lagging at all
    Time will tell
    I think its a beast of a phone

11-10-2014 12:56 AM
    Of course. Lowered to 520. Love it.
    11-10-2014 01:27 AM
    I have same feel about perf. with both. Non is smooth and both feel bit jerky. Only in multitasking note shows bit more muscles but even there it is not perfect. G3 works far more better on art and i even think it is faster than n4 in opening most of the apps..
    11-10-2014 02:28 AM
    Personal preference yes but the screen auto adjust / flat dimness of the G3 was the single reason why I switched to the note 4. However, the G3 form factor was perfect for myself.

I turn on the Note 4's auto brightness and it works 100% for my eyes in all situations...couldn't do that with my G3. Often outside i had to wait for brightness adjustment before i could read anything. And ATT actually removed the brightness slider on the notification pull down for some reason?

Also find the Note 4 battery MUCH better.
    11-10-2014 02:58 AM
    Samsung have a new apple-like tendency - release phones with minimal changes from past ones and give it a bigger number. Of course 4 better than 3, but it stops the innovating
    I think the upgrades are significant. Especially considering that it is just one generation to the next. Higher screen resolution, better processor, better camera, physical redesign, heart rate monitor, fast charging, and slightly bigger battery. And those are just hardware upgrades. Software upgrades are considerable as well.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-10-2014 03:04 AM
    It just looks better fitting more into this screen & as far as I'm aware it doesn't effect the resolution.

11-10-2014 05:29 AM
    I think you should Google dpi and resolution. There is some confusion going on here.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    11-10-2014 06:43 AM
    Please don't delete it mods, we'd rather like to know.

11-10-2014 08:05 AM
    No smartphone is perfect and can do everything exactly right. But, the Note 4 comes close, I tell you that!!

I am a little way out, but if they told me I would have to chose another smartphone other than the Note 4 or jump on a cliff!!

I am JUMPING!!!
    11-10-2014 08:08 AM
329 ... 45678 ...