Note 4 I just love it :-)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The Logic

Samsung finally releases an aluminium framed beauty and what do the majority do buy a plastic or rubber case.

OK before you all jump on this yes I get the whole if you drop it you have protection. The operative word IF and If I do then I have enjoyed from this point to that enjoying the efforts in design.

I just can't get the logic, did it really then matter if Samsung made the Note 4 with an aluminium frame?

Posted via the Android Central App

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: The Logic

I've not used a case in years. I dont even use a screen protector. My devices are always naked..

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Coming from someone who drops his phone at least once a week I will definitely be getting a case. Props to anyone who can go 2 years without dropping their phone.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get the moaning oh this that and the next device is not premium and it's all plastic ect ect.

Well case users it doesn't matter then does it?

I'm just one that quite simply doesn't grasp cases.

If your a prolific dropper

Buy a Nokia 3310 they are indestructible lol

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I said the same thing when the HTC one M7 came out, and everyone jumped on the Samsung hater bandwagon. I do enjoy knowing what's inside my case is premium, but I don't dislike plastic.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I don't care what they make the casing out of. As long as it has such a big glass screen, I will have a case.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I never understood the point of people complaining about how the Galaxy devices were built either. Especially when people put them in those big, bulky otterbox cases. If you are going to put it in a casex what does it matter? If you go naked then that is a whole nother, understandable story though.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

There is no rasional debate to be had, cases are pointless.

I had a case on my Nexus 5 that I spent a good sum of money on. Yes at that point I caved to peer pressure but I dropped it and smash.

I'll just leave this particular can of worms be and continue to ignore health & safety "I'm a rebel".

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

For those not using a case, when you need to take your phone out of your pocket for the night, what do you lay it on?

The screen side or camera side?

Do you have a pad or something you put it on?
I'd be nervous that putting it on my wooden (dusty at times from dog dander) side table would scratch either glass...

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

For those not using a case, when you need to take your phone out of your pocket for the night, what do you lay it on?

I'd be nervous that putting it on my wooden (dusty at times from dog dander) side table would scratch either glass...

My phones rest of the arm of my Sofa and at night on my bedside table that has a soft pad :)

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

The whole discussion is meaningless. The whole argument is meaningless since it is based on a knee jerk, uninformed assumption that a thin strip of metal is meaningful in a physical integrity sense and automatically "better". Better than what? Who knows.....better than something. For Samsung's part, they did what their market wanted them to do....did not matter to them whether it meant anything to the physical integrity of the thing. They already knew what it was or was not going to mean.

As for the case, no case discussion..again meaningless. You pays you money....you doooos what you wantssssssss. If you don't want to use a case or screen protector that is none of my business and if I want to use one, it is none of yours. You don't have to explain yourself to me and I don't have explain myself to you.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Its all about protection man. One drop on the ground and its over..screen may or may not crack but i can promise you, you will have a scraped up phone..not worth it

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

The whole discussion is meaningless. The whole argument is meaningless since it is based on a knee jerk, uninformed assumption that a thin strip of metal is meaningful in a physical integrity sense and automatically "better". Better than what? Who knows.....better than something. For Samsung's part, they did what their market wanted them to do....did not matter to them whether it meant anything to the physical integrity of the thing. They already knew what it was or was not going to mean.

As for the case, no case discussion..again meaningless. You pays you money....you doooos what you wantssssssss. If you don't want to use a case or screen protector that is none of my business and if I want to use one, it is none of yours. You don't have to explain yourself to me and I don't have explain myself to you.

Very true no need to explain yourself to me or on this thread.

What one chooses to do is of no business of mine and knew this would open a can of worms lol

My appologies wasn't my intent to wind folk up just a concept I struggle with.

Buy a case or not it's your choice and yes your free to make it obviously.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Always put a case and glass screen protector on all our phones. The case and glass protector has saved more than one phone in my family.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

No need to apologize....certainly not to me.

I have no issue with consumers who are as always left scratching their/our heads trying to make sense of all this noise.

The first place to look if trying to find where the maze begins is.....the professional reviewers..... You remember the first batch of professional reviews for the N4? The whole miserable bunch of them were straining at the traces to proclaim that "Samsung had finally listened to the consumer". This of course regarding the metal trim ring (wherever it is and whatever it is). Well if you read between the lines, what they were really trying to imply or tell us was how valuable they are as industry components. "Samsung had listened" and they are of course the voice of the consumer, telling us about these new products and at the same time telling the supplier what "they" the mighty professional reviewer thinks of them.

It was the professional reviewers that were making all the noise. Samsung for its part simply identified the trim ring as a feature of the N4 making no claims for it one way or the other. Samsung did nothing more than tell us it was there and they were not trying all that hard to even do that!

Occasionally, you find a professional reviewer with an engineering background. But for the most part they would not know the mind of a Design Engineer from a 2 x 4 much less the engineer's boss who is setting his design criteria for him. As for their importance as industry components, if they were not around I would read or watch user reviews which we all acknowledge we have more faith in than the professional reviews anyway.

Professional reviewers are qualified to tell us how something worked and how they liked it.....beyond that, they are out of their element.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well perhaps a bit early but so far everything seems Fast & Fluid. Which is a bit surprising as I was fully expecting TW to slow it down.

The finger print reader, I was also expecting to be a bit poor but so far it's worked 98% of the time.

So far so good :)

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Always put a case and glass screen protector on all our phones. The case and glass protector has saved more than one phone in my family.

I think it is a person by person decision. My wife, kids and grandchildren all have cases and screen protectors. All have broken them multiple times. False security? I uses a naked S3 for the last (2) years. I use it for my golf scoring and GPS multiple time a week. It look like new (except for an expanded battery) when I traded it in. I have no explanation for this.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I have a clear Rinke Fusion. It has little "feet" on the back that raise the devise a tad bit so the lens isnt touching my table.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty