Note 4 I just love it :-)

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: My real world G3 vs Note 4

I purchased the G3 and found it to be a really nice phone. The firm factor was better for sure. There were a few quirks that helped me switch back to the Note series. The Auxiliary port would act up when using it in my truck. From what I've read it was a pretty common problem. Considering I use my phone daily as a media player that was unacceptable. The call audio quality was not so good. Fine through Bluetooth but not through the phone itself. I also felt the Qhd HD display was a bit underpowered by the SD 801. Battery life on the G3 would get me through the trip home from work, not much more. I switched to the N4 and have Ben very happy. All of the issues on the G3 are gone and I have a more premium device to boot.

jake1230 Jr

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How much do you like the Note 4?

Love the phone
My biggest issue with my note 3 was lag
So far the note 4 is not lagging at all
Time will tell
I think its a beast of a phone

Posted via the Android Central App

roki977

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

I have same feel about perf. with both. Non is smooth and both feel bit jerky. Only in multitasking note shows bit more muscles but even there it is not perfect. G3 works far more better on art and i even think it is faster than n4 in opening most of the apps..

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Personal preference yes but the screen auto adjust / flat dimness of the G3 was the single reason why I switched to the note 4. However, the G3 form factor was perfect for myself.

I turn on the Note 4's auto brightness and it works 100% for my eyes in all situations...couldn't do that with my G3. Often outside i had to wait for brightness adjustment before i could read anything. And ATT actually removed the brightness slider on the notification pull down for some reason?

Also find the Note 4 battery MUCH better.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Samsung have a new apple-like tendency - release phones with minimal changes from past ones and give it a bigger number. Of course 4 better than 3, but it stops the innovating :(
I think the upgrades are significant. Especially considering that it is just one generation to the next. Higher screen resolution, better processor, better camera, physical redesign, heart rate monitor, fast charging, and slightly bigger battery. And those are just hardware upgrades. Software upgrades are considerable as well.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dpi

It just looks better fitting more into this screen & as far as I'm aware it doesn't effect the resolution.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dpi

I think you should Google dpi and resolution. There is some confusion going on here.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

No smartphone is perfect and can do everything exactly right. But, the Note 4 comes close, I tell you that!! ;)

I am a little way out, but if they told me I would have to chose another smartphone other than the Note 4 or jump on a cliff!!

I am JUMPING!!! :D :D :D

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I have a problem with keeping phones, this year I've had a go of all the flagships, keeping them for a month and swapping them - the Note 4 is the only phone to date that I won't even let my wife touch (she can just look at it) I love this phone. Only got it at the start of the weekend and I'm already addicted to it. Before the Note 4 I was using the Note 3 for about 2 weeks to get me prepared for touchwiz and the spen - the Note 4 feels and looks like a completely different phone to the Note 3.

The build quality, the camera, the screen, the screen, the screen, the quickness of the spen, zero lag, touchwiz looks and feels better - I can't find any faults in this phone.

I got the Note 4 in white, it looks amazing! As I write this, I'm looking at it sitting on my desk with a sense of pride :D

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

So I now have my Note 4 and been in use for almost a week now.

This won't be by any means a comprehensive vs review but rather initial insights.

The Build: The Note 4 is just incredible in terms of solid in hand feel. You'll be safe in the knowledge that you have a premium product and it's one that I like alot. The chamfered edges give it a nice look aswel and in retaining the faux leather back it provides that bit of warmth (which I like).

The G3 however despite the plastic construction has the Note 4 beat in terms of comfort in hand, many may dispute this but it's certainly how my hands on with both comes out. The G3 has that compact form and large screen and boy did Lg do a good job here. In terms of premium feel it goes to the Note 4.

The Ui: Well despite the Note 4 retaining TW obviously, it has been tamed hmm slightly and with Apex it's less intrusive. Lg with optimus Ui they have done alot better in terms of appearance than Samsung and Lg wins here without question. In terms of functionality of the Ui the Note 4 has so many features here but as does the G3 and hmm the G3 hides them out the way where TW they are there begging to be used. So here I like both but Lg have done a better job overall in appearance & tucking features away.

Performance: Well it's hard as my G3 is running a custom Rom but will try to recap my memory as to place the G3 I'm stock lol. In this case the Note 4 has it but but it's not a monumental jump but it sure is noticeable. Don't jump on this though as the G3 is more than capable.

Battery: Well the G3 has a 3000mah and the Note 4 3220mah and there is a big difference in my experience. The Note 4 is so far consistent and the battery life is so far no less than 5hrs Screen On with my usage but closer to 6 and a half. The edge goes to the Note 4 but the G3 is not poor by any means.

The Screen: This is one beauty in the Note 4 with it being an amoled panel it pops, sparkles and shines and one that I like quite a lot actually. However the G3's softer tones are more realistic rather than being over saturated, and with the colour adjustment on the G3 yes it does work and you notice it more when you have something like an amoled to compare it to. This here depends on what one prefers and for me I like both.

Camera: sorry guys I haven't had much time to test here but took a couple of lowlight shots with the Note 4 and the G3's were far better. This is Not realistic though as I wasn't trying and it was quick shots.

Features: Well knock off/On is great and yes I'm still doing it with my Note lol but I have got knock off with the Note via Apex and screen off app which helps. OK so we all know the Note 4 is the winner in terms of making the best use of the screen & multi-tasking and having a ton of features it's a power house here. But the G3's simple is the new smart motto is perfectly apt. They are both great in there respective fields.

So a mini vs review and overall they are both great devices it just depends on you likes and what you look for in a smartphone.

But glad I have the best of both :)

Thank you for this, as I have an international variant S3, and am quite intrigued by LG, as it seems a perfect middle ground phone between what we all hate about TW, and the lack of features in a Nexus. I've had discussions with a friend of mine, who recently bought a Nexus 5 after her iPhone bit the dust after almost 3 years. While she loves the smoothness and snappiness of the Nexus 5, she's not too keen on having to find and download workarounds for certain features that come with skinned phones. We both agree that the Nexus line of phones are meant for developer types and true techies that have no problem flashing custom ROMs and tweaking. That being said, we both hate TW, and its propensity to lag and feel generally "sticky". LG seems to have done it right, by not being garish and including the same plethora of features as Samsung, with the ability to stay out of the way. I hope LG continues this trend. May I ask which model G3 you have? I'm on T-Mobile, and would like to eventually get an unlocked LG phone, whether it be the G3 or the G4 next year, since it will come with Lollipop out of the box. Thanks again!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

....I really like my Note 4 for the premium feel & build quality. So much so that I started out using a case but quickly discarded it. It's too good to hide in a case.....

i LOVE my Note 4 and have NEVER used a case with past phones, but this one has definitely made me change my mind.. Its no otterbox, but it definitely protects my Note & u cannot even tell its on there : ) i got a few more because they can tend to "yellow" over time, and the two i just got only took a week to arrive : ) BTC

<span style="color:#0000ff;"><em>

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

After some tweaking here and there, I've grown to love the Note 4. When I first got the Note 4, I experienced quite a bit of lag and stuttering. I've made some adjustments in the developer options, and installed Nova Prime. It works almost flawlessly, but pretty close. The only real problem I'm having right now is constant buffering when playing back videos I've recorded. I use MX Player and now the native video playback app, and it's still buffering. I love everything else about the phone such as the screen quality, camera, multi-tasking, quick charging and the s-pen. I also purchased the extra battery pack/charger, which allows me to use the phone without regard for battery life.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

i LOVE my Note 4 and have NEVER used a case with past phones, but this one has definitely made me change my mind.. Its no otterbox, but it definitely protects my Note & u cannot even tell its on there : ) i got a few more because they can tend to "yellow" over time, and the two i just got only took a week to arrive : ) BTC

How is the opening for the charger port? I have a couple similar cases that no cable other than the OEM one will plug into. The case keeps the plug from seating all the way.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Nope, cutout is big enuf that plug goes thru it... i tried BOTH the Fast Charger & regular- (boy, u got me doin' a lot of work for somethin' i ain't even gettin' any benefit it you buy or not : ) ...And if it was too snug, nothing a little razor snip wouldn't fix, after all, the case is only a $1.99 and CRYSTAL CLEAR so you wouldn't even notice if you didn't "perfectly make a little adjustment" to easily fit ur knockoff plug...lol BTC

20141110_205723.jpg