Note 4 I just love it :-)

huntnyc

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: My real world G3 vs Note 4

I felt the same way about the G3's auto brightness settings - but a software app called "Lux" fixed the brightness adjustment problem and it works wonderfully! Not trying to get you to get a G3 again. :D
Could you share your Lux settings and thanks.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Could you share your Lux settings and thanks.

There are many ways and options to adjust Lux - but for me the easiest way to adjust Lux is to simply leave it on "Auto" and then whenever my display is to dim for the "condition" I am in, I simply increase my screen brightness setting to the way I like it - then you simply press a little link button on the display to save those settings.

Once you adjust your brightness level in all the conditions you will be in (it might take a couple of weeks to be in all your different lighting conditions), you will probably never touch Lux again - Lux will simply adjust your screen brightness against all of your background lighting conditions - I thought it would save my battery a little bit and maybe it does?, but it definitely has not hurt my battery efficiency. I always have the perfect screen level and brightness setting for the environment that I am in, and that is a Big Plus! It also switches faster to your preferred setting than the stock auto screen adjustment in any lighting environment you are in.

I hope this wasn't confusing - but it simply works - I bought the paid version to support the developer - the free version works just as well - it doesn't have the auto mode, but that really doesn't matter, because in a technical sense, all the settings are "auto"

huntnyc

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

There are many ways and options to adjust Lux - but for me the easiest way to adjust Lux is to simply leave it on "Auto" and then whenever my display is to dim for the "condition" I am in, I simply increase my screen brightness setting to the way I like it - then you simply press a little link button on the display to save those settings.

Once you adjust your brightness level in all the conditions you will be in (it might take a couple of weeks to be in all your different lighting conditions), you will probably never touch Lux again - Lux will simply adjust your screen brightness against all of your background lighting conditions - I thought it would save my battery a little bit and maybe it does?, but it definitely has not hurt my battery efficiency. I always have the perfect screen level and brightness setting for the environment that I am in, and that is a Big Plus! It also switches faster to your preferred setting than the stock auto screen adjustment in any lighting environment you are in.

I hope this wasn't confusing - but it simply works - I bought the paid version to support the developer - the free version works just as well - it doesn't have the auto mode, but that really doesn't matter, because in a technical sense, all the settings are "auto"
Excellent mini tutorial. I just bought the app and will follow your advice. Do you let Lux adjust on wake or one of the other settings and thanks.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Excellent mini tutorial. I just bought the app and will follow your advice. Do you let Lux adjust on wake or one of the other settings and thanks.

I let it adjust on wake - remember, this is simply the way I set mine - I am sure there are better and more efficient ways - but this works good for me and should at least give you a good starting point.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 The King of multi-tasking :)

Samsung have done some great things from the first Note to the Note 4. The Multi-tasking has progressively got better with each iteration.

The new features here are very welcome and the separation so you don't have to use the S-Pen for everything. This is fantastic and not taking anything away from the stylus this has added functionality also.

I'm more than happy with the improvements Samsung has made with the Note 4.

The improved build, battery life & screen make the Note 4 the king of multi-tasking.

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Now I have two :)

Well much to my surprise I won a white Note 4 in a local raffle.

So now I have two one in black and the other in white.

Happened to notice also that the white is the exynos variant. So an extra cherry on the cake I have both versions.

I'm shocked as I never win anything :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Now I have two :)

Thanks I'm still shocked lol erm I might sell but hmm I could just keep them both.

I haven't made up my mind as I'm not a greedy person and may offer it at reduced value to give someone a good Christmas.

Or I could just sell my Z2 and retain both Notes and my G3.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Thanks I'm still shocked lol erm I might sell but hmm I could just keep them both.

I haven't made up my mind as I'm not a greedy person and may offer it at reduced value to give someone a good Christmas.

Or I could just sell my Z2 and retain both Notes and my G3.

Happy early Merry Christmas to you!

This is what you can do with it.....

As I'm a war vet (U.S. Army Iraq and Afghanistan) and working my **** off to feed my 3 children, You can sell that sucker to me for a real...REAL...low price....

I never win anything either. Heck, I couldn't get laid in a woman's prison with a handful of pardons. If I won the lottery, they would somehow say I owe them 7 million over the next 20 years....

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeh I'm usually as lucky as the Irish lol and usually don't bother with raffles but I was being harassed to buy a ticket for £1 or around $2.

Im weighing up what to do and thinking of options hmm I could be greedy.... But then that's not me.

I could sell at reduced price or just do a giveaway Hmmmmm.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Well folks my choice was to go with a giveaway but my GF rolled her eyes and I gave in.

Atleast she is getting rid of her iPhone lol

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
For all recent note 4 owners hello & welcome and congratulations on your purchase.

First you have made a sound choice and this great device will cover most if not all of your needs and requirements.

You'll have quite a bit to explore and the fun starts now.

In terms of overall features, multitasking, power and usability this Note 4 is King.

Battery is great and screen is beautiful.

Lastly.....

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My Setup :)

Currently Running Dr Ketans Rom with wanam kernel.

DPI set to 480 (So goooood)

Blacked out settings menu.

Blurred notification area.

Attachments

• 1416700584340.jpg
    1416700584340.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 1416700600024.jpg
    1416700600024.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 1416700614836.jpg
    1416700614836.jpg