Is it just my phone?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have had the Note 2, Note 3 and now the Note 4. This phone has some "interesting" issues. It works well and I have no issues EXCEPT at start up.

When the phone is restarted, it turns off Bluetooth and Wifi (they are normally always on, have a smartwatch, so Bluetooth is necessary). I have waited for up to an hour hoping they would just turn back on.

Also at start up several other issues, the headphone jack does not work for about 10 minutes, then it starts working. Also during this time the screen will not dim (you cannot even turn it off with the power key). Lastly during this time, certain widgets will not work.

If this were a windows device I would understand it.

So, any ideas?

Thanks

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon variant has none of the issues described. The only startup hiccup I have is that the weather clock takes a few seconds to appear after a restart or power up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nodesurfer

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's abnormal. My Verizon Note 4 does none of those things.

I would try powering it down, removing the battery and sim card for about 5 minutes, and then powering it back up without the sim card. See if it behaves any differently. Then power it off, put the sim back in, and power it up again. If it still does those things I would do a full backup with the Samsung Kies software, wipe it (factory reset) and see if that does it. If so, restore your stuff from Kies. If not, I would get a new phone.

BTW, are you running any apps that might be causing these things, such as power management or performance tweaking utilities? Just a thought.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
If you have a SD card installed, power your Note 4 down and remove it. Then power it up and see how it run. If it run better reformat your SD card or try a different card. I hope this helps.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks folk, I will try all suggestions. I do have tasker installed and have a couple of profiles set up (one is set screen brightness to high when charging), wonder if that is part of the issue? Not sure, but will maybe try removing tasker too.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has none of those issues. Assuming that you don't have an app like Tasker turning off wifi or bt, they should certainly come on after a reboot. I would try a factory data reset.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, Do have tasker, but uninstalled it, no joy. Tried everything (except the factory reset), that is next, but need to coordinate that as my corp email and VPN token are on the phone so I will be off leash until they can reinstall. Ugg.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have had the Note 2, Note 3 and now the Note 4. This phone has some "interesting" issues. It works well and I have no issues EXCEPT at start up.

When the phone is restarted, it turns off Bluetooth and Wifi (they are normally always on, have a smartwatch, so Bluetooth is necessary). I have waited for up to an hour hoping they would just turn back on.

Also at start up several other issues, the headphone jack does not work for about 10 minutes, then it starts working. Also during this time the screen will not dim (you cannot even turn it off with the power key). Lastly during this time, certain widgets will not work.

If this were a windows device I would understand it.

So, any ideas?

Thanks

So do you have a habit of shutting down your phone every night? Not to say these issues are normal, but if you keep your phone running all the time, these issues don't come up, right?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
No, dont shut it down every night, but after certain apps upgrade or after removing certain apps, it probably good to restart, maybe typically only 1 or 2 times a month, but when this happens, it makes me reboot more often,

tclementi1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you installed any apps where you can view you're startup apps and cancel them or any battery saver apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21