Galaxy Note 4: Handwritten text in Evernote looks huge/massive on desktop pc

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I am testing out Evernote.. scribbled a note... went to my pc and checked it and its huge... is there something i am missing? Does it matter if you hold the phone vertically or horizontally when writing? i tried and its huge either way..

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
When I opened it up in my Evernote app on my PC, they didn't look bad to me. But I haven't tried to print one out, either.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4's resolution is equal or greater than many monitors. If it keeps the same ratio of size to resolution, what appears 'normal sized' on a 5" screen is going to appear massive on a 24-32" screen.

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4's resolution is equal or greater than many monitors. If it keeps the same ratio of size to resolution, what appears 'normal sized' on a 5" screen is going to appear massive on a 24-32" screen.

So basically Evernote is useless to sync handwritten notes because it's too huge if you're going to read and actually read the note because it will be too big?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with mine. Try using the thinner pen option and see if that does the trick.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417494038429.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417494038429.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 24

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with mine. Try using the thinner pen option and see if that does the trick.

I don't think the OP is talking about the thickness of the letters themselves, but the relative size of the writing on the screen. While your note is easily legible, the writing itself is much larger than the title "handwriting @ New Orleans", which seems to be the issue in question.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the OP is talking about the thickness of the letters themselves, but the relative size of the writing on the screen. While your note is easily legible, the writing itself is much larger than the title "handwriting @ New Orleans", which seems to be the issue in question.

To an extent, both, but... again it goes back to the resolution, the note 4, even though it seems "smaller" it is a LARGER resolution, and when translated to the desktop you will see it larger, due to that particular reasoning.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
To an extent, both, but... again it goes back to the resolution, the note 4, even though it seems "smaller" it is a LARGER resolution, and when translated to the desktop you will see it larger, due to that particular reasoning.

Yes, exactly. but the Note's 2560x1440 makes everything look awesome on the device..

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for uploading that. I wasn't referring to the size of the pen but the actual writing. Yours looks pretty huge; I'm sure it wasn't that huge on your phone? If you are going to write 100 lines of text it's going to look weird on Evernote because everything will look massive and you will have to scroll forever. Guess S-Notes is the better option then due to the Note's resolution.

MrJT

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I was playing with evernote and the Note 4's handwriting today, which drove me to this thread. Is there no way to decrease the resolution? I like the ability to write notes down, but the enormous size it syncs with on evernote makes it impractical.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
For me, I don't really care if the screen looks distorted. It's if I actually need to print it out.

That's when the wheels fell off for me. I printed out a test note (from an email share) and it was bloated across 3 pages. I'm definitely going to need to play around with this a little bit more. So far I have not needed to print anything out.

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I was playing with evernote and the Note 4's handwriting today, which drove me to this thread. Is there no way to decrease the resolution? I like the ability to write notes down, but the enormous size it syncs with on evernote makes it impractical.

Try One Note.. I'm trying that one next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21