12-02-2014 05:02 PM
72 123
tools
    I'm late to the discussion so sorry if this is a duplicate question, but have you exchanged it?
    I generally don't like doing exchanges with cellphone carriers lol . Gotten burned by it every time . Did a insurance claim which got a defective one and then took 3 hours on the phone to get that defective phone replaced. Got one replaced at an AT&T place and they charged me $200 deductible on a phone tat was warrantied exchanged and not a claim and said they mailed it to a different part of the city and my current issues with t-mobile . If I feel like it I might do it if it gets worse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-2014 10:17 AM
    That wasn't what I said. Read my post again. By your own admission, you haven't done your due diligence. Come back once you have done it and let us know if you still have a problem. It could be a software or hardware issue but if it is resolved by a fdr or warranty replacement then imo, it is not a big deal. Now if it is not resolved then that is a different story.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    I've already done a reset and still exists albeit a bit less . I don't trust carriers and exchanges since I gotten burned every time I've done one. Either wasted time or attempted to get money out of me and I have the feeling the same with Verizon lol.

And so what if people don't have issues .... I do and that's all that matters to me I once again could care less if you and the guy next to you has perfect phones

12-02-2014 10:18 AM
    I've done a factory reset which helped a bit ....happens a bit less . Guess I'm waiting till they have stock of the nexus 6 or just deal with it because I do generally love the note 4

What happens a bit less? The random lag? Or the recent button lag?
    12-02-2014 10:19 AM
    What happens a bit less? The random lag? Or the recent button lag?
    Never had an issue with the recent button lag . The lag which I had which I wrote in detail in my thread happens a bit less

12-02-2014 10:20 AM
    I generally don't like doing exchanges with cellphone carriers lol . Gotten burned by it every time . Did a insurance claim which got a defective one and then took 3 hours on the phone to get that defective phone replaced. Got one replaced at an AT&T place and they charged me $200 deductible on a phone tat was warrantied exchanged and not a claim and said they mailed it to a different part of the city and my current issues with t-mobile . If I feel like it I might do it if it gets worse

You've had this past the return period? If you've had these issues since day 1 (honestly not sure if you have) then why did you keep it so long?

I've never had problems doing an exchange during the specified return period. Warranty claims can be troublesome sure, but this would be a straight exchange within the return period.
    12-02-2014 10:26 AM
    Never had an issue with the recent button lag . The lag which I had which I wrote in detail in my thread happens a bit less

Ah. My recent button does lag from time to time but the rest seems okay. On occasion it may stutter ever so slightly when swapping screens but .. that is about it. Other than that it runs fine.
    12-02-2014 10:29 AM
    I've already done a reset and still exists albeit a bit less . I don't trust carriers and exchanges since I gotten burned every time I've done one. Either wasted time or attempted to get money out of me and I have the feeling the same with Verizon lol.

And so what if people don't have issues .... I do and that's all that matters to me I once again could care less if you and the guy next to you has perfect phones

I think you're missing the point of what is being said...nobody is saying you don't have an issue. What we're saying is, you're having an issue in part because there are steps that you can take to remedy the situation that you are flat refusing to take. That's the "due diligence" component that dpham00 was talking about.

If you don't want to go through the necessary process to get it resolved, that is fine. But understand that you lose the credibility to continue to claim that "the Note 4 has issues" when it has been thoroughly discussed that the issues you're having are unusual to you, and can be cleared up--but only if you're willing to do things you've already said "I'm not going to do that."

You can't buy a car, have issues with it that are covered by warranty, refuse to get the issues addressed under warranty, and then claim that every model of car like it is a bad car.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    12-02-2014 10:32 AM
    You've had this past the return period? If you've had these issues since day 1 (honestly not sure if you have) then why did you keep it so long?

I've never had problems doing an exchange during the specified return period. Warranty claims can be troublesome sure, but this would be a straight exchange within the return period.
    Lol I have because it's my phone?? I am outside the return period and wasn't a big enough deal to go back to Bestbuy again
    12-02-2014 10:34 AM
    I think you're missing the point of what is being said...nobody is saying you don't have an issue. What we're saying is, you're having an issue in part because there are steps that you can take to remedy the situation that you are flat refusing to take. That's the "due diligence" component that dpham00 was talking about.

If you don't want to go through the necessary process to get it resolved, that is fine. But understand that you lose the credibility to continue to claim that "the Note 4 has issues" when it has been thoroughly discussed that the issues you're having are unusual to you, and can be cleared up--but only if you're willing to do things you've already said "I'm not going to do that."

You can't buy a car, have issues with it that are covered by warranty, refuse to get the issues addressed under warranty, and then claim that every model of car like it is a bad car.
    First off I done a Factory RESET which i have said 3 times now? And when that Warranty involves me talking on the phone for 3-4 hours , almost getting screwed over with $200 charge and my Current BS with T-mobile Why should i be so willing to do another exchange with yet another carrier? I smell another Horror story coming up
    12-02-2014 10:36 AM

I have never had a problem with the warranty replacement process. Sure it happens but is rare, provided that you did your due diligence (not sending in phones with physical damage, getting tracking information, etc). In any event, if you don't trust carriers, then get it fixed by Samsung directly.

12-02-2014 10:39 AM
    I hear you on the potential issue exchanging the phone. If you don't want to take that risk, okay. Personally, I wouldn't spend 3-4 hours on the phone. I'd take it into a VZW store. It's much harder for a rep to not help you out when they see you face to face and have to look you in the eye. On the phone, they can stare at a PC screen and daydream while you're on a soapbox. Plus, you have much greater flexibility and control over whether they give you a new phone/refurb phone, and you can make a valid argument with them over the $200 deductible issue. This is a warranty replacement, not a damage replacement. Deductible does not apply.

We have heard you that you did a factory reset. You're not hearing us. If you did that (3 times) and it is still not operating correctly, you have 2 choices. One, factory reset again, do not install any third party apps until you verify functionality. Two, exchange the phone.

If neither of those appeal to you, that is your decision. But understand why the rest of the forum is going to say to you "the problem is specific to your phone, not all Verizon Note 4s." Even if a couple of people experience similar issues, there are not enough people having these issues to say there is a systemic problem with the Verizon Note 4s.
    12-02-2014 10:42 AM

And his issue is odd - no signal on a street in Brooklyn. Provided that you are within the coverage map, you should get signal. Live in LA and have never had a time when I didn't get a signal on the street. Which is why I recommended the warranty replacement (that alone is enough grounds for a replacement, provided within the coverage area). The no signal could also translate to some lag as the phone is trying desperately to get signal.

12-02-2014 10:43 AM
    I have never had a problem with the warranty replacement process. Sure it happens but is rare, provided that you did your due diligence (not sending in phones with physical damage, getting tracking information, etc). In any event, if you don't trust carriers, then get it fixed by Samsung directly.

I didn't send phones with physical damage and got my tracking numbers.... AT&T had stores dedicated for warranty exchanges and etc and thus had somebody in the store take it and give me a replacement. I tend to avoid any exchanges through online and probably will for while...
    12-02-2014 10:43 AM
    I hear you on the potential issue exchanging the phone. If you don't want to take that risk, okay. Personally, I wouldn't spend 3-4 hours on the phone. I'd take it into a VZW store. It's much harder for a rep to not help you out when they see you face to face and have to look you in the eye. On the phone, they can stare at a PC screen and daydream while you're on a soapbox. Plus, you have much greater flexibility and control over whether they give you a new phone/refurb phone, and you can make a valid argument with them over the $200 deductible issue. This is a warranty replacement, not a damage replacement. Deductible does not apply.

We have heard you that you did a factory reset. You're not hearing us. If you did that (3 times) and it is still not operating correctly, you have 2 choices. One, factory reset again, do not install any third party apps until you verify functionality. Two, exchange the phone.

If neither of those appeal to you, that is your decision. But understand why the rest of the forum is going to say to you "the problem is specific to your phone, not all Verizon Note 4s." Even if a couple of people experience similar issues, there are not enough people having these issues to say there is a systemic problem with the Verizon Note 4s.
    Yet once again only 5% of people who own a smartphone go on this forum or any other? In general Forum users account for no more then 10% and perhaps 20% be it Head-Fi.org, Android Central, iMore, Playstation, Xbox or etc.
    12-02-2014 10:46 AM
    I've done exchanges both ways with US Cellular. I've never had a problem with replacements through the mail. Yes, you end up in a situation where you're getting a refurb (especially later in the life cycle of the phone) but I don't sweat that too much as long as I am not shelling out money to do it. If my phone is 6 months old when I swap it out, I am not going to complain to much when they send me a refurb. USC, anyways, doesn't flinch too much if they send you a refurb and it winds up having issues, too.

But I will go into the store from time to time if I am willing to give up a few hours of my life.
    12-02-2014 10:46 AM
    I've done exchanges both ways with US Cellular. I've never had a problem with replacements through the mail. Yes, you end up in a situation where you're getting a refurb (especially later in the life cycle of the phone) but I don't sweat that too much as long as I am not shelling out money to do it. If my phone is 6 months old when I swap it out, I am not going to complain to much when they send me a refurb. USC, anyways, doesn't flinch too much if they send you a refurb and it winds up having issues, too.

But I will go into the store from time to time if I am willing to give up a few hours of my life.
    I don't mind refurbs really . I had an iPhone 4 at release and next day had a bad speaker and was a refurb and that phone literally survived everything like falls on concrete lol. It's my past experience with exchanges through carriers be it in store (AT&T and rogue agent ) or online/phone (t-mobile twice ). The one thing I love about apple products and what I miss having an iPhone the most is that Apple does the warranty and it don't matter which carrier you have because you can just walk into an Apple Store and get it fixed .

12-02-2014 10:52 AM
    Yet once again only 5% of people who own a smartphone go on this forum or any other? In general Forum users account for no more then 10% and perhaps 20% be it Head-Fi.org, Android Central, iMore, Playstation, Xbox or etc.

What's your point in saying this? Regardless of what it is, your numbers are waaaaay too high. Tech nerds like us who regularly frequent forums are usually less than 1% of the total user population. Samsung reportedly sold 4.5 million Note 4s in the first month of release. Android Central has approx 2.5 mil members total (all time) of which only approx 50k are active at any given moment. There are definitely not 225,000 Note 4 owners on this forum reporting issues like yours.
    12-02-2014 10:52 AM
    What's your point in saying this? Regardless of what it is, your numbers are waaaaay too high. Tech nerds like us who regularly frequent forums are usually less than 1% of the total user population. Samsung reportedly sold 4.5 million Note 4s in the first month of release. Android Central has approx 2.5 mil members total (all time) of which only approx 50k are active at any given moment. There are definitely not 225,000 Note 4 owners on this forum reporting issues like yours.
    Lol I am over estimating the numbers but still my point stands ...,. Not every owner even knows of android central or etc . These people can easily have these issues and don't notice it don't care or just don't speak up . If 2 people both on Verizon has similar issues I highly doubt it's only contained to 2 phones .

12-02-2014 10:56 AM
    Verizon in store won't give you much hassle when it comes to an exchange as others have said. When I had them I exchanged the gf's Galaxy S5 since it was having issues with the speaker ... It was a 20 minutes process to show them the issues and then just a little more time for them to grab the phone and swap the SIM then let me walk out.
    12-02-2014 10:58 AM
    Verizon in store won't give you much hassle when it comes to an exchange as others have said. When I had them I exchanged the gf's Galaxy S5 since it was having issues with the speaker ... It was a 20 minutes process to show them the issues and then just a little more time for them to grab the phone and swap the SIM then let me walk out.
    This was after the return period ? If so I'll mightt take a walk down there this week

12-02-2014 11:00 AM
    This was after the return period ? If so I'll mightt take a walk down there this week

No during -- After you have to go through Samsung or another avenue. Companies won't let you keep exchanging after that point -- It is to prevent from people just milking the system for a new phone later down the road for whatever reason. Honestly if you were having these issues during the return period you should have just tried -- You were going on the customer service of other carriers and acting like that was the same for Verizon. That would be like me expecting my ISP to be the exact same customer service as another .. which isn't always the case .
    12-02-2014 11:02 AM
    No during -- After you have to go through Samsung or another avenue. Companies won't let you keep exchanging after that point -- It is to prevent from people just milking the system for a new phone later down the road for whatever reason. Honestly if you were having these issues during the return period you should have just tried -- You were going on the customer service of other carriers and acting like that was the same for Verizon. That would be like me expecting my ISP to be the exact same customer service as another .. which isn't always the case .
    Yes but being burned 3 separate times should not make you weary of it again?

12-02-2014 11:04 AM
    Lol I am over estimating the numbers but still my point stands ...,. Not every owner even knows of android central or etc . These people can easily have these issues and don't notice it don't care or just don't speak up . If 2 people both on Verizon has similar issues I highly doubt it's only contained to 2 phones .

Okay, you're starting make circular arguments, which just tells me all you really want to do is just complain.

The reality is this: If only 2 people out of 4.5 million report the same issue, that is statistically a non-event. It's not enough data to waste any time to evaluate. Even if you extrapolate numbers the way you're saying (if 2 people on one forum say it, then there have to be more than aren't reporting) you're still talking numbers that end up in statistical irrelevance territory.

For the issues you're describing to be considered "known problem with the phone" vs "random issue created by a combination of the user's apps, setup, and other unknown variables" there would have to be hundreds of people reporting the exact same problem--on multiple websites. Scanning the forums I frequent, I haven't even gotten to the point where I need to take off my socks to count the numbers reporting your issues. That means your issue is unique to your phone more than likely. Either warranty swap that bad boy, or learn to live with the issue. Your choice. But its not a "system wide Verizon Note 4 problem."
    12-02-2014 11:04 AM
    Okay, you're starting make circular arguments, which just tells me all you really want to do is just complain.

The reality is this: If only 2 people out of 4.5 million report the same issue, that is statistically a non-event. It's not enough data to waste any time to evaluate. Even if you extrapolate numbers the way you're saying (if 2 people on one forum say it, then there have to be more than aren't reporting) you're still talking numbers that end up in statistical irrelevance territory.

For the issues you're describing to be considered "known problem with the phone" vs "random issue created by a combination of the user's apps, setup, and other unknown variables" there would have to be hundreds of people reporting the exact same problem--on multiple websites. Scanning the forums I frequent, I haven't even gotten to the point where I need to take off my socks to count the numbers reporting your issues. That means your issue is unique to your phone more than likely. Either warranty swap that bad boy, or learn to live with the issue. Your choice. But its not a "system wide Verizon Note 4 problem."
    Lol it's 2 out of 4.5 on a forum who goes to a forum

12-02-2014 11:05 AM
    Yes but being burned 3 separate times should not make you weary of it again?

Weary? Sure .. But I still wouldn't hold one companies customer service against another -- They are separate companies. What good does not doing it do? You suffer with a phone .. that doesn't work .. and you paid them / locked yourself into them for X amount of time (or until you pay the phone off fully).

So doing nothing due to being scared doesn't help .. and anything they do incorrectly you can have fixed. Such as when leaving a carrier they have to prorate you for the days you didn't use .. They can't just charge you for unused days.
    12-02-2014 11:14 AM
72 123