Verizon issues

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Statistically, very few people have had laggy Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with the exception of the recent apps button. I wouldn't worry about it. Every phone will have people with complaints. But question is have those people done their due diligence in troubleshooting? And by due diligence I mean fdr, and getting at least 2 replacement phones from Verizon, which they provide free of charge.

Those that use the phone in an atypical manner are also excluded, like having 3000 plus media in one directory. Now, if this applies to you then the comment is valid, but most don't have this situation.

Having been constantly looking at the note 4 forum, I have to say that those with lag that have done their due diligence and use the phone in a typical manner are extremely rare.

In contrast, take a look back at Tbolt Forums after mc1 update... It was inundated with people complaining about the poor radio. I went through multiple warranty replacements with the same problem. Now that was a widespread problem. Lag on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is not.

Keep in mind that on forums, those with problems are typically the most vocal. Very few people go into Forums to start a thread about how excellent their phone is.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

So the people that do have an issue their issue is invalid ? I could care less if your phone works or not because mine isn't working like normal which is my complaint . I had a note 4 from a different carrier that ran perfectly fine whereas this Verizon one doesn't ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So the people that do have an issue their issue is invalid ? I could care less if your phone works or not because mine isn't working like normal which is my complaint . I had a note 4 from a different carrier that ran perfectly fine whereas this Verizon one doesn't ....

Have you tried any of the suggestions to fix the lag? Or done an exchange? If it was that bad I would exchange the phone or simply go to another phone.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm late to the discussion so sorry if this is a duplicate question, but have you exchanged it?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried any of the suggestions to fix the lag? Or done an exchange? If it was that bad I would exchange the phone or simply go to another phone.

I've done a factory reset which helped a bit ....happens a bit less . Guess I'm waiting till they have stock of the nexus 6 or just deal with it because I do generally love the note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

That wasn't what I said. Read my post again. By your own admission, you haven't done your due diligence. Come back once you have done it and let us know if you still have a problem. It could be a software or hardware issue but if it is resolved by a fdr or warranty replacement then imo, it is not a big deal. Now if it is not resolved then that is a different story.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm late to the discussion so sorry if this is a duplicate question, but have you exchanged it?

I generally don't like doing exchanges with cellphone carriers lol . Gotten burned by it every time . Did a insurance claim which got a defective one and then took 3 hours on the phone to get that defective phone replaced. Got one replaced at an AT&T place and they charged me $200 deductible on a phone tat was warrantied exchanged and not a claim and said they mailed it to a different part of the city and my current issues with t-mobile . If I feel like it I might do it if it gets worse

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't what I said. Read my post again. By your own admission, you haven't done your due diligence. Come back once you have done it and let us know if you still have a problem. It could be a software or hardware issue but if it is resolved by a fdr or warranty replacement then imo, it is not a big deal. Now if it is not resolved then that is a different story.

I've already done a reset and still exists albeit a bit less . I don't trust carriers and exchanges since I gotten burned every time I've done one. Either wasted time or attempted to get money out of me and I have the feeling the same with Verizon lol.

And so what if people don't have issues .... I do and that's all that matters to me I once again could care less if you and the guy next to you has perfect phones

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've done a factory reset which helped a bit ....happens a bit less . Guess I'm waiting till they have stock of the nexus 6 or just deal with it because I do generally love the note 4

What happens a bit less? The random lag? Or the recent button lag?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I generally don't like doing exchanges with cellphone carriers lol . Gotten burned by it every time . Did a insurance claim which got a defective one and then took 3 hours on the phone to get that defective phone replaced. Got one replaced at an AT&T place and they charged me $200 deductible on a phone tat was warrantied exchanged and not a claim and said they mailed it to a different part of the city and my current issues with t-mobile . If I feel like it I might do it if it gets worse

You've had this past the return period? If you've had these issues since day 1 (honestly not sure if you have) then why did you keep it so long?

I've never had problems doing an exchange during the specified return period. Warranty claims can be troublesome sure, but this would be a straight exchange within the return period.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Never had an issue with the recent button lag . The lag which I had which I wrote in detail in my thread happens a bit less

Ah. My recent button does lag from time to time but the rest seems okay. On occasion it may stutter ever so slightly when swapping screens but .. that is about it. Other than that it runs fine.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've already done a reset and still exists albeit a bit less . I don't trust carriers and exchanges since I gotten burned every time I've done one. Either wasted time or attempted to get money out of me and I have the feeling the same with Verizon lol.

And so what if people don't have issues .... I do and that's all that matters to me I once again could care less if you and the guy next to you has perfect phones

I think you're missing the point of what is being said...nobody is saying you don't have an issue. What we're saying is, you're having an issue in part because there are steps that you can take to remedy the situation that you are flat refusing to take. That's the "due diligence" component that dpham00 was talking about.

If you don't want to go through the necessary process to get it resolved, that is fine. But understand that you lose the credibility to continue to claim that "the Note 4 has issues" when it has been thoroughly discussed that the issues you're having are unusual to you, and can be cleared up--but only if you're willing to do things you've already said "I'm not going to do that."

You can't buy a car, have issues with it that are covered by warranty, refuse to get the issues addressed under warranty, and then claim that every model of car like it is a bad car.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You've had this past the return period? If you've had these issues since day 1 (honestly not sure if you have) then why did you keep it so long?

I've never had problems doing an exchange during the specified return period. Warranty claims can be troublesome sure, but this would be a straight exchange within the return period.

Lol I have because it's my phone?? I am outside the return period and wasn't a big enough deal to go back to Bestbuy again

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think you're missing the point of what is being said...nobody is saying you don't have an issue. What we're saying is, you're having an issue in part because there are steps that you can take to remedy the situation that you are flat refusing to take. That's the "due diligence" component that dpham00 was talking about.

If you don't want to go through the necessary process to get it resolved, that is fine. But understand that you lose the credibility to continue to claim that "the Note 4 has issues" when it has been thoroughly discussed that the issues you're having are unusual to you, and can be cleared up--but only if you're willing to do things you've already said "I'm not going to do that."

You can't buy a car, have issues with it that are covered by warranty, refuse to get the issues addressed under warranty, and then claim that every model of car like it is a bad car.

First off I done a Factory RESET which i have said 3 times now? And when that Warranty involves me talking on the phone for 3-4 hours , almost getting screwed over with $200 charge and my Current BS with T-mobile Why should i be so willing to do another exchange with yet another carrier? I smell another Horror story coming up

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have never had a problem with the warranty replacement process. Sure it happens but is rare, provided that you did your due diligence (not sending in phones with physical damage, getting tracking information, etc). In any event, if you don't trust carriers, then get it fixed by Samsung directly.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I hear you on the potential issue exchanging the phone. If you don't want to take that risk, okay. Personally, I wouldn't spend 3-4 hours on the phone. I'd take it into a VZW store. It's much harder for a rep to not help you out when they see you face to face and have to look you in the eye. On the phone, they can stare at a PC screen and daydream while you're on a soapbox. Plus, you have much greater flexibility and control over whether they give you a new phone/refurb phone, and you can make a valid argument with them over the $200 deductible issue. This is a warranty replacement, not a damage replacement. Deductible does not apply.

We have heard you that you did a factory reset. You're not hearing us. If you did that (3 times) and it is still not operating correctly, you have 2 choices. One, factory reset again, do not install any third party apps until you verify functionality. Two, exchange the phone.

If neither of those appeal to you, that is your decision. But understand why the rest of the forum is going to say to you "the problem is specific to your phone, not all Verizon Note 4s." Even if a couple of people experience similar issues, there are not enough people having these issues to say there is a systemic problem with the Verizon Note 4s.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

And his issue is odd - no signal on a street in Brooklyn. Provided that you are within the coverage map, you should get signal. Live in LA and have never had a time when I didn't get a signal on the street. Which is why I recommended the warranty replacement (that alone is enough grounds for a replacement, provided within the coverage area). The no signal could also translate to some lag as the phone is trying desperately to get signal.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a problem with the warranty replacement process. Sure it happens but is rare, provided that you did your due diligence (not sending in phones with physical damage, getting tracking information, etc). In any event, if you don't trust carriers, then get it fixed by Samsung directly.

I didn't send phones with physical damage and got my tracking numbers.... AT&T had stores dedicated for warranty exchanges and etc and thus had somebody in the store take it and give me a replacement. I tend to avoid any exchanges through online and probably will for while...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I hear you on the potential issue exchanging the phone. If you don't want to take that risk, okay. Personally, I wouldn't spend 3-4 hours on the phone. I'd take it into a VZW store. It's much harder for a rep to not help you out when they see you face to face and have to look you in the eye. On the phone, they can stare at a PC screen and daydream while you're on a soapbox. Plus, you have much greater flexibility and control over whether they give you a new phone/refurb phone, and you can make a valid argument with them over the $200 deductible issue. This is a warranty replacement, not a damage replacement. Deductible does not apply.

We have heard you that you did a factory reset. You're not hearing us. If you did that (3 times) and it is still not operating correctly, you have 2 choices. One, factory reset again, do not install any third party apps until you verify functionality. Two, exchange the phone.

If neither of those appeal to you, that is your decision. But understand why the rest of the forum is going to say to you "the problem is specific to your phone, not all Verizon Note 4s." Even if a couple of people experience similar issues, there are not enough people having these issues to say there is a systemic problem with the Verizon Note 4s.

Yet once again only 5% of people who own a smartphone go on this forum or any other? In general Forum users account for no more then 10% and perhaps 20% be it Head-Fi.org, Android Central, iMore, Playstation, Xbox or etc.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've done exchanges both ways with US Cellular. I've never had a problem with replacements through the mail. Yes, you end up in a situation where you're getting a refurb (especially later in the life cycle of the phone) but I don't sweat that too much as long as I am not shelling out money to do it. If my phone is 6 months old when I swap it out, I am not going to complain to much when they send me a refurb. USC, anyways, doesn't flinch too much if they send you a refurb and it winds up having issues, too.

But I will go into the store from time to time if I am willing to give up a few hours of my life.