Verizon issues

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am really torn between Note 4 and Nexus 6. I don't want to turn this into a comparison thread but Verizon isn't supporting the N6 yet and has issues. It seems after reading in here for the past 2 days most lagging and battery issues on the Note 4 are Verizon modeled phones. And cases are hard to find for Verizon model phones. Are these issues coming up because more people are on Verizon or are they because Verizon is screwing with these phones to much don't to the physical build of the phone. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Only issue I had was it being laggy when dealing with media folders containing more then 3000 to 10000 files in them. Now that I broke them up into smaller media folders of 1000 to 2000 files there is no issue... granted I didn't have to do that with the s5 with the same sd card but it is what it is and I love the phone. I had problem finding right case for verizon model the first week because of microphone hole set up on the Verizon model but alot of manufacturers are adapting to that now by making the hoke longer on the one side of the case.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It's probably a little bit of both. VZ is one of the two largest carriers, so it makes sense that a lot of complaints come from the VZ customers.

VZ also loves to bloat up their phones and make it incredibly hard to customize their devices. The more layers added to the software, the more likely there are issues with the software.

I'm on a small regional carrier. They have a small amount of bloat, compared to VZ, and I have not had any of the lag/stability issues that a lot of VZ and AT&T customers have been complaining about.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have not had any issues with lagging on my Verizon phone. My battery life is usually between 6 and 7 hours of screen on time, which is about the same as I was getting with my Note 3.

There aren't that many Verizon apps, but I did take the time to turn off all the ones I never use via the standard Android interface.

I couldn't be happier with my phone. After upgrading each year (Note 2->Note 3->Note 4), I can't imagine what Samsung is going to do to get me to upgrade next year.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon...3 years after 14 with Sprint. VZ has no more bloat than Sprint did. I have no VZ specific issues except I did get the Spigen case with the wrong mic hole. They refunded it. LaTuFu is right about the numbers. More VZ customers more complaints...but there is no lag problem with the device and no battery issue with the device. It's all in how people are using it. I am no VZ apologist. They are no different than Sprint as a company but their network is comparatively amazing. I had 43 mbps this AM. My battery is amazing compared to my post-KitKat Note 3.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon...3 years after 14 with Sprint. VZ has no more bloat than Sprint did. I have no VZ specific issues except I did get the Spigen case with the wrong mic hole. They refunded it. LaTuFu is right about the numbers. More VZ customers more complaints...but there is no lag problem with the device and no battery issue with the device. It's all in how people are using it. I am no VZ apologist. They are no different than Sprint as a company but their network is comparatively amazing. I had 43 mbps this AM. My battery is amazing compared to my post-KitKat Note 3.
I am having lagging issues on the Verizon model where it didn't on the t-mobile variant.... So he's not the only one

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I know...but it's explained by the numbers.

Yay numbers ? Woot ? His phone is laggy and so is mine so who's right is it to say mines or his ISNT ....and this obviously is an issue specific to Verizon model since the t-mobile one I had was fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I've got a verizon note 4, my girlfriend has a VZ note 4. Both have zero issues to report, both are running quite smooth. She's on stock TW and i've since converted to Nova. Maybe try Nova?

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My tmobile note 4 was lag hell and i have had no issues with my Verizon .
Keep in mind that people always post complaints but compared to the overall numbers the issue is not a widespread problem.
It just appears that way based on what is posted in forums vs what is not posted.

John 3:16

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty much it.

People very rarely flock to forums to post about how the product they bought works exactly the way they expected it to, without any issues whatsoever. Probably 1 or 2 out of every 10 people in that category.

7 out of 10 people who have something go wrong with a purchase will go to the internet and find the nearest forum in which they can post a complaint about it.

The numbers are not scientifically accurate, but they're pretty close to what customer service measurements see when they poll customers.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got a verizon note 4, my girlfriend has a VZ note 4. Both have zero issues to report, both are running quite smooth. She's on stock TW and i've since converted to Nova. Maybe try Nova?

I don't even use touch wiz and using Google now . These aren't even touch wiz related quirks but lag elsewhere . Once I feel like it I'll do a reset

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm on vzw. My n4 runs smooth with great battery life. No complaints here.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mathematically this is only "obviously" specific to you. No one is saying you don't have issues. We are saying that it is logically false to claim that there is a Verizon issue peculiar to Verizon because a few people out of a huge number have an unidentified problem. Then we have derekfaircloth whose anecdote balances yours. Geez...if we went by the people making claims in this forum we'd have the slowest phone ever with the lowest battery time etc etc It's like saying car crashes are specific to Fords because you crashed a Ford after you didn't crash a Chevy.

Yay numbers ? Woot ? His phone is laggy and so is mine so who's right is it to say mines or his ISNT ....and this obviously is an issue specific to Verizon model since the t-mobile one I had was fine

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Mathematically this is only "obviously" specific to you. No one is saying you don't have issues. We are saying that it is logically false to claim that there is a Verizon issue peculiar to Verizon because a few people out of a huge number have an unidentified problem. Then we have derekfaircloth whose anecdote balances yours. Geez...if we went by the people making claims in this forum we'd have the slowest phone ever with the lowest battery time etc etc It's like saying car crashes are specific to Fords because you crashed a Ford after you didn't crash a Chevy.
Lol there's 2 people with issues and who knows how many who don't go on forums..... You realize we are the 5% or close to it of people who owns a smartphone lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Statistically, very few people have had laggy Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with the exception of the recent apps button. I wouldn't worry about it. Every phone will have people with complaints. But question is have those people done their due diligence in troubleshooting? And by due diligence I mean fdr, and getting at least 2 replacement phones from Verizon, which they provide free of charge.

Those that use the phone in an atypical manner are also excluded, like having 3000 plus media in one directory. Now, if this applies to you then the comment is valid, but most don't have this situation.

Having been constantly looking at the note 4 forum, I have to say that those with lag that have done their due diligence and use the phone in a typical manner are extremely rare.

In contrast, take a look back at Tbolt Forums after mc1 update... It was inundated with people complaining about the poor radio. I went through multiple warranty replacements with the same problem. Now that was a widespread problem. Lag on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is not.

Keep in mind that on forums, those with problems are typically the most vocal. Very few people go into Forums to start a thread about how excellent their phone is.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol there's 2 people with issues and who knows how many who don't go on forums..... You realize we are the 5% or close to it of people who owns a smartphone lol

Do you mean the 5% of Smartphone people that go to Forums? ... Or that own a Smartphone? Smartphones are definitely more than 5% of customers on networks :D.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan