How are you two getting along?

How are you getting on with your Note 4?

• Total voters

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
So, how do you feel about your time with your Note 4? As most people that are stalking these forums, I'm considering a Note 4 among others and I wanted to see how people are getting along with it. I've perused the love threads and the issues threads, but those only show a small percentage of users on one side of a fence or the other. I think it would be more beneficial to create a poll.

Also, feel free to add important, intelligent commentary as you please.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Love it. It's definitely not perfect, but I have yet to own a smartphone that was. This one is imperfect in ways that I can live with.

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Awesome phone. Left my iPhone 5s for it and passed up on the iPhone 6. I use it mostly for work as its a company issued device so in that regard it functions great as a work device.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdiddy_25

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Been on mine for a week and loving it so far. Came from iOS. Had an iPhone since the 2G. It's a bit of a learning curve learning android but it's been great. LOVE the S Pen!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had it a few weeks now. I had the blackberry storm a few years ago and have never had a flagship phone since. This is the first in a long time. I know it has it's small minute flaws...but dang it's an awesome device. I don't even look at it like a phone any more ...it is my wing man! my go to guy! My buddy! It's always by my side and helps me with all life brings my way!

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do love this phone compared to the Note 3 .... The battery itself blows my Note 3 away haha.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 whilst not perfect (don't know a phone that is) is a fantastic piece of tech.

The screen is sublime and this couped with the features and most important battery life to fully enjoy is great. I average 5hrs screen on time often more which is more than enough for my ussage.

There are opportunities as it has expansion upto 128gb and removable battery if you are an extreme user. Or just prefer to swap batteries.

The Note 4 is a full package of little goodies and you'll be sure to enjoy should you opt for this device.

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from a Lumia 920 on Windows. I've found the app gap to be a much smaller issue than the media makes it out to be. I love the phone, though. The screen is great. I don't mind the size most of the time. I have large pockets and it fits pretty well. The only time it bothers me is when tying my shoes.

I like the s pen a lot. It really gives the note something no other phone has. It's not something I can't live without but is extremely useful.

The camera is great. Very fast. Lots of detail. Great shot to shot times. Cameras are very important to me and the notes camera is the best I've used.

I have a few dissapointments. Some are a lack of customizing on my part (keyboard, lock screen, launcher). I don't like how much space there is between icons. There is some slowdown here and there. The keyboard isn't as good as the stock WP keyboard. The lock screen and s view window are limited in functionality. I'm sure most of these issues can be remedied with a new launcher, lock screen, and keyboard.

My biggest complaints come from car integration and Xbox music functionality. WP was significantly better with both. I can't do half of the things with the phone in the car that I could do with WP. Xbox music has limited functionality. I understand the issues with Xbox music. I'll either work around them or switch to another service. The car functionality is a bigger issue and I haven't been able to find a working solution yet.

If it weren't for the camera, multitasking, and pen I'd switch back to WP. I'm still undecided at this time.

Last edited:

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Almost all positive reviews. Anybody have phone envy of another device? If so, which one and why?

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Almost all positive reviews. Anybody have phone envy of another device? If so, which one and why?

LOL... maybe other phone owners have envy of mine...but me...Not a chance! Lol

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

jrsmiles

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Overall I like mine. Had it for a month now.

Favorite things:
Screen
Size
Memory and storage
Battery life

Things I don't like:
Speaker sounds terrible
Camera is slow to access and sucks taking pictures of people unless in daylight
Not everyone takes pictures of still buildings and landscapes
Gallery is slow to access from the camera and feels laggy
I dont like all the segregation in the gallery I'd prefer one large camera roll
I wish it had a better do not disturb setting without having to pay for an app

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Overall I like mine. Had it for a month now.

Favorite things:
Screen
Size
Memory and storage
Battery life

Things I don't like:
Speaker sounds terrible
Camera is slow to access and sucks taking pictures of people unless in daylight
Not everyone takes pictures of still buildings and landscapes
Gallery is slow to access from the camera and feels laggy
I dont like all the segregation in the gallery I'd prefer one large camera roll
I wish it had a better do not disturb setting without having to pay for an app

I don't have any if these negative experiences with mine. Everything is fast and fluid.

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any if these negative experiences with mine. Everything is fast and fluid.

Really? Accessing the gallery from the camera app is slow. Quite slow for me. The first time I did that I thought it had froze. I quit and tried again. It's just slow.

I think the camera is quite good indoors and great for people shots. Auto settings could use some work but the F 2.0 aperture, color balance, detail, and speed on the camera are quite good. My case is the s view case so getting to the camera is quick. If I had to unlock the phone and start the app it could take some time.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Really? Accessing the gallery from the camera app is slow. Quite slow for me. The first time I did that I thought it had froze. I quit and tried again. It's just slow.

I think the camera is quite good indoors and great for people shots. Auto settings could use some work but the F 2.0 aperture, color balance, detail, and speed on the camera are quite good. My case is the s view case so getting to the camera is quick. If I had to unlock the phone and start the app it could take some time.

I'm fortunate to have both the SM-910f (snapdragon) & SM-910c (Exynos).

The Ui is smooth on both and experienced none of your reported issues. The recents menu had a delay prior to root and running a custom ROM. Since this its improved won't lie still can hiccup now and again but for the most part it opens instantly.

Camera I have found to be more than capable and have no complaints with the results :)

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing people say that they are having problems with the gallery opening slow. I haven't experienced this and currently have over 5000 images stored. They are all on my SD card and broke up into different folders. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ive had mine since October. Now seeing as you've already admitted to stalking the forums like me Ill try to help. I came from the S3, iPhones are outta the question. Being familiar and happy with the Galaxy line I wanted to upgrade to a bigger screen and YES the S Pen. I constanly take advantage of the Action Memo to help me remember the little thing I always forget. There IS lag in Touch Wiz. Mainly I've noticed it in the Recent Apps soft key which i keep loaded. The screen is beautiful, camera is good for a phone but the editing software is awesome. If you like the Galaxy line, and dont mind a larger phone, its a definite YES. HDR was on in the photo. Hope this helps.

Posted via my Note 4

Attachments

• 20141130_161631.jpg
    20141130_161631.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2014-12-01-20-12-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-01-20-12-30.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 198

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members