Bluetooth Auto On/Off Ford Sync

nezff

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2013 F150 with My Ford Touch (Sync). I have paired the Note 4 with it via Bluetooth. It connects automatically everytime I enter the vehicle which is fine.

The other day, I set it up for the first time, drove home, got out and SWORE I turned Bluetooth off to save battery life. When I entered the truck the next morning, it auto connected making me think the phone turned Bluetooth ON for me. Is this possible?

I wasn't aware that the Bluetooth would automatically turn on for you when coming in vicinity of the vehicle?

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
No I don't think its possible that your phone turned on bluetooth automatically unless you have setup "My Places" on your phone. Which is a widget that allows you to set up certain functions based on location. If you haven't set up "My Places" maybe when you touched bluetooth to turn it off, maybe it didn't turn off. I hope this helps.

nezff

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
No I don't think its possible that your phone turned on bluetooth automatically unless you have setup "My Places" on your phone. Which is a widget that allows you to set up certain functions based on location. If you haven't set up "My Places" maybe when you touched bluetooth to turn it off, maybe it didn't turn off. I hope this helps.

thanks. I didn't think it could do that.

nezff

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
quick question regarding Bluetooth again in the vehicle. When I first synced up the phone and truck, I noticed two Bluetooth profiles: Call Audio and Media Audio. Both with boxes that could be checked. Im assuming Call audio is the phone calls etc.. and Media Audio is the music etc.. on the phone?

After the first sync up, both boxes were checked. After getting into the vehicle every time after, only Call Audio would be checked. thanks.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Call audio will be checked always in my Explorer, but if I want BT audio from Pandora or whatever on the Note 4, I need to choose BT Audio and the name of my phone on the Sync screen.