Sudden Note 4 Lag

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Today my note has been slow and apps such as the Samsung keyboard have been closing with the message to report it. I have fast reboot installed and use it sometimes several times a day would this do this? Everything from twitter to AVG scan lags and is glitchy. I restarted and same issues. Would a battery pull help? I really really don't have the time to do a factory reset.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I clean cache with clean master every other day. I installed an app called spec device but deleted it that same day last week. Pulled the battery and it's helping a bit. Concerning that a phone that is a month old is already acting up

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So I am guessing it wasn't like that when you got the phone? did you install something that may be taking too much space?

Did you delete fast reboot and see if that helps?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's probably the cache cleaner. Stop cleaning it. Get rid of clean master. Android is optimized already. There is no need for an app like that on a powerful device like this especially on kit kat. Clearing RAM is unnecessary and will cause problems like app crashes and lag.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your issue is probably the cleaner as Tkbredx said. Android is meant to have full RAM and clearing it over and over just causes the system to keep recaching over and over. Android is very different from Windows when it comes to RAM management.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
It's probably the cache cleaner. Stop cleaning it. Get rid of clean master. Android is optimized already. There is no need for an app like that on a powerful device like this especially on kit kat. Clearing RAM is unnecessary and will cause problems like app crashes and lag.

I usually just clean cache with it to free up space but if it's the root of the problem I suppose going to settings storage and then clearing it out would have the same effect. I love the UI and notifications from the app (if my note is getting hot or if an app is restarting constantly) but it's not worth the sacrifice of stability. Since my battery pull it's been smooth again

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So I am guessing it wasn't like that when you got the phone? did you install something that may be taking too much space?

Did you delete fast reboot and see if that helps?

Just uninstalled fast reboot. I have almost 18gb of free space now so a large app isn't the problem. My note has been amazing until this happened yesterday

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I think it was the clean master and fast reboot. I removed fast reboot and will only use clean master to delete cache and not to free up ram. I pulled the battery last night and ever since it's been running perfectly. I tell you though it was bad. Everything was sluggish and apps were stopping left and right

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my old s3. When I removed task managers and ram cleaners the phone ran flawless.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it was the clean master and fast reboot. I removed fast reboot and will only use clean master to delete cache and not to free up ram. I pulled the battery last night and ever since it's been running perfectly. I tell you though it was bad. Everything was sluggish and apps were stopping left and right

I used to be the same and felt like I needed apps like cleanmaster but doing a bit of reading on how android utilises ram I quickly discovered I don't. I had issues with these apps, also they can effect the operation of your phone.

I simply now clean cache and dalvic every so often and it's far more efficient than those apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am guilty as well, I thought Clean Master was a wonderful app and kept my Note 2 running lean and mean.....but it wasn't and now that I think about it, I think I was addicted to using it, thinking I was doing such a good thing for my phone, till I also found great info in the forums explaining how Android runs and like it's Ram to be full.....so no apps like that on my brand new Note 4!

One question......when deleting an app, clean master sometimes on certain apps popped up saying there were residual files left behind from that app and could clean it up. So I am wondering if we need something to take care of that?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeh try and avoid those apps, many believe they are useful but I don't.

Just let android do its thing with ram and sit back and relax :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly. In the early days of Android this kind of stuff was needed, but not anymore.

Does anyone remember when carrier store employees would install Advance Task Killer on customer's phones before walking out the door? It was then that I stopped going into carrier stores and ordering online.

ATK used to be the #1 app on the Play store for the longest time.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I am guilty as well, I thought Clean Master was a wonderful app and kept my Note 2 running lean and mean.....but it wasn't and now that I think about it, I think I was addicted to using it, thinking I was doing such a good thing for my phone, till I also found great info in the forums explaining how Android runs and like it's Ram to be full.....so no apps like that on my brand new Note 4!

One question......when deleting an app, clean master sometimes on certain apps popped up saying there were residual files left behind from that app and could clean it up. So I am wondering if we need something to take care of that?

Definitely a good question

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800